PDA

View Full Version : Taken the seats out and got SRS light

amctmg
05-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know how to get the srs light off because I hooked up the wires for the seat again but the light is still on.

And BTW, the car feels like it accelerates alot faster and handles alot better without the pass. and back seats in.

Anyone else try this?

Also before I forget, If you take out the pass. seat and the srs light is on , Would the driver side airbag still go off in a accident?

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 09:48 PM
do u have the si seats with the side airbags built into the seat ?
that could be the reason

RMC22
05-13-2004, 09:52 PM
of course the car feels better, you shaved off a little over 100 lbs. It's like permanently riding with a passenger and then kicking their asses out :D

!@#$%
05-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by RMC22
of course the car feels better, you shaved off a little over 100 lbs. It's like permanently riding with a passenger and then kicking their asses out :D

a passenger....MORE THAN ONE ASS!!!>!!???

amctmg
05-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
do u have the si seats with the side airbags built into the seat ?
that could be the reason

No side airbag but there are 2 connectors to the bottom of the pass seat. I think 1 goes to the seat belt and the other may be a sensor in the seat that detects whether there is anyone sitting in it

EtherGhost
05-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I dont have any pics unfortunatly but its really simple. Ill try to be as detailed as possible without pics.

1 Go under the steering wheel and find the fuse box. You will see a dime sized yellow connector in the top section of the box in a holder, unplug this connector.

2. The connector has two wires a green and a black. Take a piece of wire (doesnt matter what kind as long as you can wedge in into the connector) and cut it in two descently long strips and splice the ends,

3. Take one end of each wire and jam it in the connector so that you have extensions of both the green and black wires.

4. Now the fun part. Take and connect the two wires with your fingers and hold them and turn your key to run.

5. The SRS light will come on and stay on for about 6 seconds and turn off. Once the light turns off - pull the two wires apart and the SRS light will come on again a second or two after you take them apart.

Note*You have approx. 4 seconds to seperate/connect the two wires in between steps.

6. Once the SRS light comes on again, you must connect the two wires one more time and the SRS light will blink twice and go out.

7. Pull the wires apart and take the keys out of the ignition for atleast 10 seconds. Pull the wires out of the connector and start the car - no more SRS unless there is something really wrong with the System.

You can connect the yellow connector back into the fuse box if you want. The slot in the fuse box is just a holder and the yellow connector is not needed to be placed there. I just let it hang in case I need to do this again.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15417&highlight=airbag+light

Search :rolleyes:

amctmg
05-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the info, I thought maybe just disconnecting the battery would do it but I guess not. Now with the light on would the airbags work?

EtherGhost
05-14-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by amctmg
Now with the light on would the airbags work?

No, I believe that the light on would indicate a malfunction, which would disable the airbags.

k20hatch
05-14-2004, 11:15 AM
My srs light is still on! errr :(

degasisj
05-16-2004, 10:38 AM
this happened to me as well when i was installing some stereo equipment.

i went to my local dealer and they immedietly took the car in the back and plugged in thier computer under the dash and reset the srs light. it only took 10 minutes max with no appointment made.

i-WERKS
05-17-2004, 10:57 AM
good luck guys.. it took me over 40 tries to finally get it to work.. I even ripped out the seats and carpet again to make sure everything was connected and no wires were clipped. There's 2 versions of this. The one posted here is different from the one posted on honda tech.

In the end.. I don't even know what I did differently for it to work but it did.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Tip:

It's easier if you dont use "wire", the best thing to use is to find a "safety pin"...get some wire snips and cut it in half...use the side w/ the spring mechanism, put one end in each hole of the connector...it's easy to push in and out....

you can also use a paper clip but its a little harder.

SIck02EP
05-18-2004, 01:04 PM
it took like 3 minutes with some small pieces of wire. i got the pics and directions right off this site, 7thgencivic.com

Directions for erasing memory on SRS light
1st you need to either buy or make the "SCS Service Connector." I used a speaker harness for and older Honda which you can buy at a local stereo shop such as Circuit City or Best Buy, and cut the wires and looped them together. You can also use a paperclip but that will make it a little more difficult because you have to connect it and disconnect it a few times quickly.
2nd you need to find the MES (Memory Erase Signal) connector which is pictured below: (Click to enlarge)
MES Plug in Fuse box.

**pictures removed at source**

It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.