PDA

View Full Version : how do you get the side markers off?

LazyAzzAzian
10-19-2002, 01:51 PM
i cant seem to get the side markers on the fender off, is there a trick to it?, i know you gotta push towards the rear of the car and left up but it doesnt seem to be working :'(

Si-Rican
10-19-2002, 03:15 PM
whar i did was take one clip off the splash guard n put my hands in there n popped it out n for the rear i crawled under it n did the same thing

Pradamuimui
10-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by LazyAzzAzian
i cant seem to get the side markers on the fender off, is there a trick to it?, i know you gotta push towards the rear of the car and left up but it doesnt seem to be working :'(

You have to do what he just said and go at it from behind the lights. I think that is the only proper way of doing it. See these kind of questions is why we all need to go out and buy a HELMS MANUAL, and then most of our questions would be answered!!!

NamingException
10-19-2002, 05:37 PM
Yes, you can get your hand behind an end of it if you take a clip off of the inside bumper housing and pull it back a little bit. The clip for both the front and back markers is on the side of the marker closest to the center of the car. Push the clip on the back of the reflector piece and it will pop out.

That didn't make any sense at all, did it? It's simple, you'll figure it out.

2k2SiGuy
10-19-2002, 08:48 PM
No need to go from underneeath the car...I changed my bulbs twice since I had my car....It's kinda hard, but push back really hard on the sidemarker....try to make sure you hold the edge....It will pop out, and you can just pull it the rest of the way through..Hope this helps!!!;)

LazyAzzAzian
10-19-2002, 08:49 PM
thanks for the help fellaz, i got them off but its actually a lot simplier...all you need to do is push the side marker towards the back of the car, you need to do it a couple of times to loosen it, once its loose just push it back as far as it can go and lift it up

Jpax
10-19-2002, 11:48 PM
no its not that simple first you have to disconnect the batterey then drain the blinker fluid, then start a fire and pow wow around it (im indian, i'm from the tribe SLAP A HO) then When the fire is out grab the nearest crow bar and hit your macanic till he finds away to get the makers off. then your done. :p