PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the Si....FOR REAL THIS TIME

Siman
05-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, you read it right this time....its too much on insurance, and all the problems i have had with the car.....well it just hasnt been worth it.

Me and my dad have both agreed to trade it in for a new truck, a nissan crew cab for him, while he signs our little red 93' ranger to me and lets me do whatever with it....My car is worth 9800 on KBB and the dealership is giving him 11500 for it which is more than a great deal! To say the least thats with my make shift muffler, progress springs and BBS wheels and blacked out headlamps.

I have been prepared to let her go for a while know, the car payment plus the BOGUS ticket i got doing a supposed 95mph in our ranger ( it cant go over 90...) that sent my insurance skyrocketing....well i just cant seem to bring myself to keep it...

My relationship with the car has had its ups and downs....its the first attempt a project car i have ever had, i have learned soo much about cars from the EP....and from you guys on this forum!

so I guess this is a farewell. As others have done, i will stay in touch with you guys, seing whats up with the new hatch etc...

As of a new car for me ( the truck is NOT my type of vehicle for everyday driving...it wonders the road, and sucks gas like a .25 hoe)
I am looking at a MINT condition 1987 supra turbo at a local infinity dealership....
OR, i might get an EG hatch with a swap or something....I dont know yet....

well thats about it for know guys. I am going to take some last pictures of my car tommorow and post em up....:(

:'(...but it will be ok.... ;) :cool:

Ep3 No.2
05-14-2004, 09:43 PM
good luck bro.

those year supra parts are a bit hard to find, and sometimes costly

the eg sounds good or why not a ek ? down side with those is u gotta becareful of those thieves. but good side is parts are readily available. sorry to hear about ur ep too

Siman
05-14-2004, 10:14 PM
I hear you about the thieves...I want a EK REALLY BAD...but i am scared to do a swap in one becuase of the OBD2....those motors are EXTREMELY hard to find....well legally that is ahahhha....

I would really like a clean eg hatch...

but the inline 6 sound and turbo from the 3rd gen supra is AWSOME, i have been indulging in the 3rd gen for about a half year know...and have found ALOT of info on them, well too much...
With some weight reduction i can get the supra to about 3100-3200 lbs.

but i would miss the high reving VTEC popping, curve hugging charectoristics of an EG/EK civic...i have friends with both LOL.

I am still deciding...

I might get a GREAT deal on the Supra...and try to sell it to make profit for a CLEAN EG civic..I dont know, its late and i need to get some sleep!:confused:

ranivus
05-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Hehe i had a speeding ticket like that...
Got caught at a street race trying to run but i ran into a blockade and the cop jumped right infront of my car while i was doin no more than 40 so he pisses his pants pulls a gun out at me tells me to throw my keys out the door. When i open my door (gun still in hand mind you) he kicks it with his redneck lether sole steel toed piece of shit boot. he made a dime sized dent and scractched the paint.

The fool charged me for speeding in excess of 90 mph (how i can go from 0-90mph in 300 feet is beyond me) and when i asked to see the speedometer he said he was a certified speed estimator or some bullshit. so i took it to my friend Mr. probono (sp) Craig P. Kenny and guess what my charge was?

0 points, no driving school, and no ticket. The price? $200. this was about 5 months ago too. and i've had about 2 more tickets about the same reason (some bullshit speed and they refuse to show me) and they've been cheaper than the $200 from my first ticket. anyone else have a good speeding ticket story?

Siman
05-14-2004, 10:44 PM
the thing was, i was driving the Ranger, in rain on the interstate ( speed limit 70), and behind a big rig with a trailor, and a 2002+ white civic coupe was PASSING ME on the right when he gunned me, and i had my radar detector on too....go figure...thats what i call bullshit:rolleyes:

icegrill
05-15-2004, 03:10 PM
You don't deserve an si anyways. :(

psylovibe
05-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by icegrill
You don't deserve an si anyways. :(

haha, im tired of these posts :'(

kidXStreme
05-15-2004, 05:25 PM
get out of here already!!!lol:D

Siman
05-15-2004, 10:26 PM
I bought the 87' turbo supra:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BOOSTING IS SOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!

and the inline 6 sound is AMAZING...i am hooked...

the car is in MINT condition, the guy who owned it was a proffesor at Vanderbuilt Univarsaty ( a private high class college) and wrote down every oil change and part replacement the car ever had...you must see the papers to believe it...i couldnt pass up a car like this one.

oh well, the Si is over with with me...no hard feelings.

;)

Here is the picture of the car at the dealership...THIS IS THE CAR I BOUGHT
http://images.getauto.com/vehicles/JT2M/JT2MA71JXH0072925-a.jpg

its going to be bad ass when i get done with it...heheheheh:cool:

psylovibe
05-15-2004, 10:28 PM
my friend has one of em, pushing like 540 horses now. His friend owns a supra shop all they work on is supras and rx7's

CaTiRo
05-15-2004, 10:33 PM
great purchase on the supra. what does that year supra run in the 1/4 mile?

Siman
05-15-2004, 10:45 PM
probably 15's...i dont really know...

but when i get done with some SIMPLE "BPU+" bolt ons...350hp EASY i will be running 12-mid 13's pretty well...or so i hope heheheh:cool:

My girlfriend and my brother and his girlfriend ( our girlfriends are cousins LOL) LOVE the turbo sound....it just sounds bad ass!

I will take some videos later when i get the time;)

Siman
05-15-2004, 11:53 PM
by the way,

I have the 2002+ Honda Service manaul THE REAL THING. Cost me $80 bucks..

I will ship it for $70 OBO...the thing has only been touched once or twice.

I will get pics up soon;)

the JigGa mAn
05-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Siman

but when i get done with some SIMPLE "BPU+" bolt ons...350hp EASY i will be running 12-mid 13's pretty well...or so i hope heheheh:cool:

My girlfriend and my brother and his girlfriend ( our girlfriends are cousins LOL) LOVE the turbo sound....it just sounds bad ass!

I will take some videos later when i get the time;)

how did you come up with 350hp? and those 1/4 mile times? before you make up more hp and lb/tq numbers dyno it and post the sheet

Siman
05-16-2004, 08:50 PM
ok, here you go..

http://www.suprasport.com/suprasport/catalog/default.php

just one website of many to prove my point...BPU (+,++, +++) it never ends....

just do a little searching and see what you come up with :D

Oh, you know the car only runs 230hp stock, and 245lbs torque right?

well a 2004 GT mustang decided he wanted some...well he got some, i hung with him SIDE BY SIDE to 85 mph, until i shut off ( i dont want another ticket), he did the little ricer speed away in shame deal....what a loser...no thumbs up or nuthing ahhahah

wonder how he feels, and ol' 87' supra turbo....

:p

Type X
05-16-2004, 08:54 PM
boy that interior sure is "maroon"

fASTBACK
05-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Type X
boy that interior sure is "maroon"

Talking about his interior really haveing it's period...lol

Siman
05-16-2004, 10:26 PM
HERE is the page i was looking for...

check out how EASY and CHEAP it is to get near 300hp!

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152334

this is on the mark3 86.5-92 supra turbo...;)

told you so:cool:

and about the maroon interior...

well yeah, its maroon alright:rolleyes:

that was a pathetic try to make fun of my car...and I really dont care:D

the JigGa mAn
05-16-2004, 10:46 PM
HERE is the page i was looking for...

check out how EASY and CHEAP it is to get near 300hp!

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=152334

this is on the mark3 86.5-92 supra turbo...;)

told you so:cool:

and about the maroon interior...

well yeah, its maroon alright:rolleyes:

that was a pathetic try to make fun of my car...and I really dont care:D

you didnt tell me anything so...i stick by what i said dyno your car and post your dyno sheets then say you are making 300hp..i can make a write up like that too and make up numbers that doesnt make it true im not saying that guys a liar but before you put up numbers be able to back them up...

and i know what those supras can do my buddy used to have one before going through so many blown engines...and then buying a wrx

Siman
05-16-2004, 11:51 PM
dood, you never read my post right to begin with...:rolleyes:

did i EVER say that I personally was making 300hp? NO, i stated that i could make that amount with barely any mods and money.

and who is the jackass?

oh, has your buddy replaced his wrx tranny yet?:confused:

Obviously you dont know ANYTHING about the supra. I dont even think you went to the link i gave you anyway....if you did, you certainly wouldnt of come back with such as smart allec remark...

two words to you: GROW UP

atomic_rice
05-17-2004, 01:30 AM
mk3 supras rock! =D i loved mine, til i blew a rod in the engine. =( rest in peace poopster mobile. (it was brown) get the lazy eye conversion for the headlights and it'll look badass.

jaydub
05-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Good, now go away.

the JigGa mAn
05-17-2004, 07:46 AM
dood, you never read my post right to begin with...:rolleyes:

did i EVER say that I personally was making 300hp? NO, i stated that i could make that amount with barely any mods and money.

and who is the jackass?

oh, has your buddy replaced his wrx tranny yet?:confused:

Obviously you dont know ANYTHING about the supra. I dont even think you went to the link i gave you anyway....if you did, you certainly wouldnt of come back with such as smart allec remark...

two words to you: GROW UP

did i EVER say that you were making 300hp? no not really you might have read what i wrote that way b.c your not so smart.

and when did i call you a jackass? you idiot

yes i did click the link step 1 is getting a intake the guy recomends a apexi one.

yes my buddy has replaced his wrx trans twice now i think

two words to you: FUCK OFF

BarracksSi
05-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Aww, you've abandoned the EP. :'(

Cool, that's a kickass Supra! :D

Me, I'd leave it as-is, since the professor took such excellent care of it. But, you know that it's in great shape, and won't have to worry much about how it might respond to mods.

It's gonna be fun, that's for sure.

fishboy
05-17-2004, 12:22 PM
nice buy. my friend had one, but never got it running properly. it would have been a beast if he did though. anyways have fun with the new ride. i don't think it will be exactly "cheap" to mod this car though.

CaTiRo
05-17-2004, 03:42 PM
hum, i would love to get a 94-98 supra, turbo or n/a it wouldn't matter to me. :)

CaTiRo
05-17-2004, 03:48 PM

well a 2004 GT mustang decided he wanted some...well he got some, i hung with him SIDE BY SIDE to 85 mph, until i shut off ( i dont want another ticket), he did the little ricer speed away in shame deal....what a loser...no thumbs up or nuthing ahhahah

wonder how he feels, and ol' 87' supra turbo....

:p

a 2004 gt should be a low 14 sec car. if you kept up maybe your faster than you think. does anyone know what a 87 turbo supra is suppose to run?

Siman
05-17-2004, 09:38 PM
the guys face ( his passangers as well) was really funny...

they were just baffled their muscle are, a 2004 at that, was being matched by a old supra turbo....

and the cars arnt really expensive to mode either...thats only if you try to find rare JDM parts...turbos etc...

I am upgrading the car alot in the coming months. IC piping, exhuast, DP, wheels, suspension ( its seen its day)....

mdoyle
05-17-2004, 09:48 PM
2004 Mustang GT: 260 HP 302 lbs of torque Weighing in at 3300 lbs
1987 Supra T: 230 HP 246 lbs of torque Weighing in at 3500 lbs

I dunno about everyone else, but unless that Mustang's driver was just learning how to drive, I don't see you beating him at all.

Siman
05-18-2004, 05:30 AM
I didnt beat him.....i ran beside him;) and it was a 20 kick, not from a dead stop...

Siman
05-18-2004, 08:15 PM
I was nearly killed today, i was going home at 9pm on my road doni g about 55 ( the speed limit) and saw a big moving truck headed my way...my girlfriend was on the speaker phone on my cell phone at the time...she heard the whole thing and thought i was dead...it was that loud...

the truck all of the sudden veared into my lane and RIPPED OFF MY MIRROR...I dont know how i stayed on the road, i swerved and should of went off in the ditch!!!
It ripped off my side view mirror TOTALLY, if he was 3 inches over, i would NOT be here right know typing this....

the better half is that i was driving my dads 2004 nissan frontier truck, thats what we traded my civic in for...and i bought my supra...

if i were in my supra...which is a much wider car, i probably wouldnt be here either:confused:

So i am thanking my heavanly father above (God) for his angels that were around me tonight...there is just NO WAY i should'nt of gone off the road! I am in shock still...and its 11:09 CS time...

:sadm:

66elwood99
05-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ranivus
Hehe i had a speeding ticket like that...
Got caught at a street race trying to run but i ran into a blockade and the cop jumped right infront of my car while i was doin no more than 40 so he pisses his pants pulls a gun out at me tells me to throw my keys out the door. When i open my door (gun still in hand mind you) he kicks it with his redneck lether sole steel toed piece of shit boot. he made a dime sized dent and scractched the paint.

The fool charged me for speeding in excess of 90 mph (how i can go from 0-90mph in 300 feet is beyond me) and when i asked to see the speedometer he said he was a certified speed estimator or some bullshit. so i took it to my friend Mr. probono (sp) Craig P. Kenny and guess what my charge was?

0 points, no driving school, and no ticket. The price? $200. this was about 5 months ago too. and i've had about 2 more tickets about the same reason (some bullshit speed and they refuse to show me) and they've been cheaper than the $200 from my first ticket. anyone else have a good speeding ticket story?

Yeah, I have thousands....... :cool:

CaTiRo
05-19-2004, 02:36 PM
perhaps .... you are in fact dead. and you are imagining that you are typing and having a conversation with people on and off of this forum. maybe your just floating around thinking your alive when your really not. like in the 6th sense or that movie with nicole kidman when her and her family are ghost and she doesn't know it until the end. but this isn't a movie, this is your "so call" life, so maybe you should test this out just to be sure your really alive. hum ... whatcha think. perhaps you should go right now and look in the mirror, and once your see your reflection, punch your nose as hard as you can. if it bleeds, then your alive. if it hurts but its not bleeding then its your imagination that making you think it hurts, keep punching until you have nosebleed. if it doesn't ... then you know whats up.

j/k ..... glad you didn't get hurt. did the truck driver stop and say what happen, what was the reason he swerved in your lane?

Ep3 No.2
05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
man now thats some tough shiet.