PDA

View Full Version : To those who've traded their Si for an S2000

snubnose
05-15-2004, 02:57 AM
This post is for those who have traded their Si for an S2000, or for anyone who has driven both cars. What is the single biggest difference you have noticed? How would you compare both cars?

ApexinSi
05-15-2004, 05:12 AM
thinking about trading your si for an s2000? :winkm:

siver-SI
05-15-2004, 06:39 AM
I wish I could this swap. I just can not fit into a S2000. My knees are in the steering wheel. :(

JaycivicSi
05-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Just the overall satisfaction with driving is the biggest difference. The si is an awesome car but it can't really compare to the S. Performance, handling and style (imo). Just the feel of driving a roadster can't really compare to the si. If you've never driven an S go and test drive one right away.

-jay

!@#$%
05-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by JaycivicSi
Just the overall satisfaction with driving is the biggest difference. The si is an awesome car but it can't really compare to the S. Performance, handling and style (imo). Just the feel of driving a roadster can't really compare to the si. If you've never driven an S go and test drive one right away.

-jay

I can see it now. I (21 yr old male) walk into honda dealership. I request to test drive an s2k. They laugh and ask for a deposit. I walk out humiliated. end.

bobdobbs
05-15-2004, 08:40 AM
The s2k is pretty impractical as your only car. You really should have BOTH! ;)

Ep3 No.2
05-15-2004, 11:02 AM
s2k doesnt even compare to a ep3 performance wise. have to admit the ep3 is more practical. in the s2000 u sit real low to the ground.

Type X
05-15-2004, 11:04 AM
s2k is a great car BUT
depending on your area it shouldnt be your only car

a good friend of mine mark just traded in his 00 si for a s2k but he is now in CALI
so its sunny year round
where as before he was in NY
snowy winters = no no rwd

GatorBait.
05-15-2004, 01:39 PM
The S2000 is a pure drivers car. The transmission is the best tranny I have ever driven. It is just so smooth and the powerband is just great. There is actually a "vtec kick." Just an all around FUN car, especially if you live in a relatively tropical climate, such as Florida or Cali. Its also a real head turner, especially with the ladies :D

the1986
05-15-2004, 02:12 PM
My best friend has an s2k, and we quite often trade (because he needs to carry more than one other passenger) When we trade back, the first thing we realize is the clutch, the ep has a very easy clutch. But i will tell you... i absolutly love driving his car, and he absolutly loves driving mign. They are both extremely fun cars, the s just has 80 more hp, real vtec, only 2 seats, and is rwd. All and all the ep is more practical (plus, you see less ep's on the road ;) )

-Teal

penguin
05-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Two totally different animals. One is RWD and one is FWD. It's kind of like asking what is better; a boat or a jet ski. Both can go fast and handle like a monkey in heat, but it's not a direct comparison.

CaTiRo
05-15-2004, 10:28 PM
s2000>ep

snubnose
05-16-2004, 01:02 AM
I've had a chance to do some extensive S2000 driving this weekend. One of the biggest differences is, obviously, the feel on twisting roads. On the Ep, you sometimes need to let off the throttle or slow down, but the S always feels in control. It's really a great sports car.

PAPITUYO326
05-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
s2000>ep

yea but on the same token

s2000>em1 :D

my ex gf has an s2k. that car is simply amazing. it represents wut hondas are all about. its small displacement, high reving, high horserpower, vtec engine helps keep it in a class filled with boost and 3.5+ v6s. i miss driving in that car :(

SpoonR1
05-16-2004, 09:04 PM
I've traded my 00 S2k for an 02 Ep3.

Best car i've ever driven. Top notch sports car. That thing turns heads and till this day I only see a hand full on the road. I miss my S2...

Reason I got rid of is mainly due to the fact that it sucks in the the snow. 1 inch on the ground and that thing only moves side to side. Rwd and light weight is the worst in the snow. I didn't want to get another car and pay extra insurance...Now that i got a new job and extra income, I see a new S2 in the near future... :D

serialdriller
05-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by JaycivicSi

-jay

Not to mention the PRICE :)

chubbychu
05-16-2004, 09:28 PM
believe it or not, i had a dream that i was driving an s2000

redronin22
05-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by GatorBait.
The S2000 is a pure drivers car. The transmission is the best tranny I have ever driven. It is just so smooth and the powerband is just great. There is actually a "vtec kick." Just an all around FUN car, especially if you live in a relatively tropical climate, such as Florida or Cali. Its also a real head turner, especially with the ladies :D

from all accounts iv heard the powerband sucks ass. No power till post 7k rpm.

also its better to have a smooth vtec transition then that "kick"

civicSIracer
05-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by redronin22

i dont know about that..
better just isnt the right word.

chubbychu
05-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by redronin22

iuno, i like that kick. i miss it sometimes.

todaCspec
05-17-2004, 04:40 AM
It can be driven in the snow, just get a good set of winter tires, Bridgestone Blizzaks and maybe a bag of rice for the trunk.:)

03silverEP
05-17-2004, 01:00 PM
this is one of the dumbest posts ever, how can you compare a $33,000 RWD convertable w/a $18,000 4 seater FWD econobox.. W.T.F.!!!!!

Sirone
05-17-2004, 10:45 PM
I love my EP3, but the S2000 is in a different league altogether... You can compare them as cars... but they fill different purposes... the EP3 is your sporty car that can fit 4 and some cargo... it's quieter then the s2000, and its comfy... The S2000 is a race bred street machine from honda... convertable, rear wheel drive... For a nice weekend drive on a sunny day I'll pick the S2000, for daily driving the Ep3 is my friend.

HARRY POTTER
05-24-2004, 03:22 PM
w/ the s2k, the car is extremely fun right off the lot with little to no enhancements. with our EPs, we have to put some a little suttin' suttin' into it to get it's spirits up! ;) my best friend has an s2k, tein susp, amuse cat-back which is a blast to drive! but in return he enjoys runnin the streets w/ my EP just as much as i enjoy runnin his s2. so i guess you can say both cars are the shit!! :D

** just made post #200 ** yeah!!!

zum_zum
05-24-2004, 03:40 PM
i bought the ep3 to supplement my miata.

i would like to have an s2k someday, but like others have said, having a roadsret as your only car is really impractical.

also, rwd cars in the snow are great. i think snow tires are a must. i know the winter i drove my miata in snow, i have gobs of fun drifting around corners WRC-style. :D

GatorBait.
05-24-2004, 05:27 PM

That is from the MY00-MY03 S2k's. I drive an '04, where the powerband is noticably MUCH smoother. I agree that in the older model years, the powerband wasn't too hot until 7k, but its much more improved. The kick is not as powerful as the previous models, but it is definitely still there. There is power throughout the entire band. Just test drive an MY04, and let me know what you think ;)

05-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
I can see it now. I (21 yr old male) walk into honda dealership. I request to test drive an s2k. They laugh and ask for a deposit. I walk out humiliated. end.

I'm 18. I drove one 3 days ago with no problems or questions (it was at a honda dealer too). Was fun, a tad small, but very fun.

-Andrew