PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have scratches on their dash?

t-rex
05-15-2004, 12:58 PM
I have a few scratches in the silver paint from removing it to put in a new head unit a while back. But, I was careless and scratched the dash on the shift lever when I was removing it.

So far, I've just left it, but it doesn't look so great. I don't want to spray the whole thing, since I'm worried it won't match. And I don't want to get a dash kit right now.

I guess the only option is trying to find some Testors touch-up paint in the same color. Has anyone tried this? If so, does it look ok?

TIA

seattlecivic
05-15-2004, 01:14 PM
sorry, can't help you out in finding what to use...

I can, however, help you out in finding the right place to post this!!

"CAR CARE"

:p

johnkimble
05-15-2004, 01:26 PM
put a sticker over it for now, get the cf dash trim later.

penguin
05-15-2004, 05:04 PM
You will never match the paint. Plus, it's plastic. You'll have to sand, fill, sand, primer, paint, etc... I would just save up and get a CF kit. Don't even waste your time trying to fix it. You'll end up with a mismatched ghetto looking dash. What do you think looks better in the short term: a dash with a scratch or two or a dash with globs of mis-matched paint on it...

jbarket
05-15-2004, 06:52 PM
I feel your pain. My car came with the CF sticker on it, but it was applied a little off, and when I tried to remove it I found out it was scratched underneath... and at that point, I quit fussing around with it and just tore it off and scratched things up worse.

I replaced the entire top panel yesterday after almost a year of having it scratched up, and let me tell you it was a bitch.

The top of my bottom panel has a few places where the paint is missing too, so I wish I could find something close enough to match the paint, but I think your best option is going to be either to sand/prime/repaint the entire thing or replace it.

Peking
05-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by seattlecivic
sorry, can't help you out in finding what to use...

I can, however, help you out in finding the right place to post this!!

"CAR CARE"

:p

Kinda falls between car care and interior. But car care is mostly about washing and keeping clean. So moved to interior, go to Honda and get a new one :)

scrunkness
05-16-2004, 12:46 AM
I didn't like all that silver in the inside so took everything that was silver out and painted it. I love the way it turned out and I get a ton of compliments on it. All of the peices are black and/or red now. I striped the intire car in about 30 min.

toda_power
05-16-2004, 04:32 AM
yup just get the cf dash kit man. i'm getting mine this month.

t-rex
05-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by scrunkness
I didn't like all that silver in the inside so took everything that was silver out and painted it. I love the way it turned out and I get a ton of compliments on it. All of the peices are black and/or red now. I striped the intire car in about 30 min.

This post is useless without pics!! :D

scrunkness
05-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Sorry I am in the military and deployed right now and I have all of the pics on my computer back in Italy.

BarracksSi
05-17-2004, 04:39 PM
... wish I had a computer in Italy...

;)

That should look pretty good, though. I've been considering what to do when my dash finally gets scratched up enough, and I'd either paint it over or get a CF kit.

Either that, or I'd have to cover up the scratches with some stickers.

scrunkness
05-18-2004, 04:04 PM
I don't like Italy, parts are expensive and the roads suck. But other then that I like seeing the different cars and styles that they have over here. Again when I get back I will post the pics of my cars interior.