PDA

View Full Version : At Honda again for more Warranty work.

Glix
10-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Went to Honda for my routine oil change and they said my front left CV boot had exploded. There was grease all over the inside of the rim, brakes and axle.

While I was there I asked them about the clicking noise my front brake makes on the very first brake press after the car has been sitting. They said that the EP's originally had much larger brake pads but Honda pulled them off due to a problem with them locking up. They replaced them with much smaller pads that don't fit the calipers properly and this causes the brake to have to reseat itself after the car has been parked.

My EP is 3 months old w/ 6300 miles on it and it's been in the shop for warranty work 6 times.

1 Rear speakers where not mounted with screws.
2 Oil consumption
3 Rear strut makes loud pop going up driveways
4 Car no longer locks after being turned on
5 Clutch makes 3 popping sounds on depress
6 Front left CV boot explodes / Front brakes make a loud pop on first press

I sure hope they get all this shit worked out before my warranty is up.

Jpax
10-20-2002, 12:45 AM
wow is there a lemon law you can claim , get you a new one, that ones got problems. i have 6,500 and i have had

#1 NO oil consumption
#2 speakers taken out and replaced with after market( they worked great )

#3 breakes work awsome and ABS Definately work!
#4 shifting from 2nd to 3rd its perfect no problems.
#5 driving a euro yellow car over 90 is asking for a ticket :(
#6 dam thing works like a charm.

Glix
10-20-2002, 12:59 AM
Everthing I listed is common to 90% of the EP owners on this site except the CV boot explosion. Hard to claim lemon when everyone has the same problems.

Ritteri
10-20-2002, 05:30 AM
Everthing I listed is common to 90% of the EP owners on this site except the CV boot explosion. Hard to claim lemon when everyone has the same problems.

Dude if this is all true stated above, then you more than qualify for a new vehicle, and everthing you listed is NOT common. The lemon law basically states that if you have 3 consecutive problems on your vehicle under warrenty conditions you have the right to a brand new vehicle.

Go to www.lemonlawamerica.com If you have already had these problems you'd be really stupid to NOT get a replacement. When you state that "its hard to claim a lemon whenever everyone else has the same problem" thats just sheer stupidity. If everyone else here actually had the same problem then we would ALL have a right to a new car. And remember this forum board is a VERY SMALL MINORITY of the people who bought EP's.

ssvr6
10-20-2002, 05:42 AM
Not true. The Lemon law states that if you go back with the SAME problem 3 times, you're entitled.

This isn't the case.

Sorry man.

Steve

DynaSpeed
10-20-2002, 07:17 AM
4 Car no longer locks after being turned on What does this one mean? The door-lock switch was inoperative if the car was on?

PBN
10-20-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Not true. The Lemon law states that if you go back with the SAME problem 3 times, you're entitled.

This isn't the case.

Sorry man.

Steve

Clarifying what Steve is saying: The dealership must make 3 separate attempts at resolving the same issue. If after 3 times it is not repaired 'as new', you may have right to a claim for a replacement vehicle.
I know this as my new '02 CRV at 5,500 miles blew a right front wheel bearing while we were travelling a few states from home. The first dealership replaced the wheel bearing, but with the wrong set (they put an LX bearing in instead of EX). We drove off only to come right back due to the ABS light being a steady 'ON'. LX wheel bearings don't have the ABS sensor. So, they replaced it again with the correct bearing. That's 2. On the way home a few days later, the wheel was making the same horrible sounds. Took it to local dealer, they had it for a week. This time, it came back as new. 3rd time it was resolved.
I was already in talks with Honda of America about it in preparation of having it replaced. They said to wait and see if it is finally fixed for good. It's been 6 months now and it's fine, so no new CRV.
Sorry for the rambling. Hope this helps clarify just a little about Lemon Law.

Hondatech
10-20-2002, 07:45 AM
Regarding the brake click, all 2002 Oddyseys, CR-Vs, and Civics do this. I've found that a proper brake service (clean the brake pads/caliper, new grease on the calpier slide pins, and a light coat of Never-Seez on the end tabs of the pads where they slot into the caliper bracket) gets them quiet and keeps them quiet.

natesi
10-20-2002, 08:45 AM
Glix,

First of all, your car is not a Lemon, or even close. If you *really* had a lemon (like I did once) you would know what its like. Trust me, you don't have one and you DON'T want one.

You've had more problems than most people, and therefore *some* reason to bitch. Fine. But you should quit exaggerating by saying that the problems you have are common to 90% of all EPs and by putting "lemon" above your avatar. That's lame. Like I said, the car is not a lemon (or even close), and besides, if what you say were true (90% of all EPs have these problems) it WOULDN'T make it hard to compile a case, it would make it EASY because there would be more data. Your logic is messed up.

Keep in mind this is this car's first year in production. You should always expect some bugs in cases like that, even if it is "Japanese". Don

insomniac
10-20-2002, 09:30 AM
Hmmmmmm....

1 Rear speakers where not mounted with screws.
No, never had this

2 Oil consumption
Hell yea, big time! Seems to have lessened to a large degree after the 1.5 quarts I put in at 2500 miles

3 Rear strut makes loud pop going up driveways
Yea, got this too, as well as a creak from the front right suspension while driving though a left turn on moderate to severly bumpy roads

4 Car no longer locks after being turned on
Never knew it was supposed to do this...don't know, don't care

5 Clutch makes 3 popping sounds on depress
No problem here

6 Front left CV boot explodes / Front brakes make a loud pop on first press
Wow, hope I don't get this

I do get the 1st-to-2nd and 2nd-to-3rd crunch that other people have been mentioning but it only appears when the car is cold and only for the first 3-4 stop and go's after driving off in the morning. I'm not sure if part of this is my fault because 1st gear needs full clutch to disengage whereas the rest of the gears only need the pedal 80% in to release the gear. This leads to the sensation that 1st isn't releasing properly, i.e. you're pulling it out of gear before it has disengaged completely.

I also have a buzz developing in the steering column which really isn't noticable above 4000 rpm, so it hasn't bothered me to the point of having it looked at.

I'm not getting a good feeling that the techs at my dealership have gained any familiarity with the common problems of this car. I think my dealer has sold less than 10 total and probably doesn't service every one they've sold.

Glix2
10-20-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
What does this one mean? The door-lock switch was inoperative if the car was on?

No, did you purchase the honda alarm package?
Whenever you start the car it automatically locks the doors for you.

Glix2
10-20-2002, 01:50 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it WOULDN'T make it hard to compile a case, it would make it EASY because there would be more data. Your logic is messed up.

Keep in mind this is this car's first year in production. You should always expect some bugs in cases like that, even if it is "Japanese". Don

Glix2
10-20-2002, 01:53 PM
And for anyone else that thinks my car has rare problems search the site on the problems I listed.

And to whoever blocked my account your a damn Nazi and you have no right to be a moderator.

natesi
10-20-2002, 02:10 PM
Hmmm... a newbie with 2 posts (these being the only 2). That doesn't look suspicous at all!!

Is that right Mr. Smarty Pants?

And what was your position at this law practice?

I don

natesi
10-20-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Glix2
And for anyone else that thinks my car has rare problems search the site on the problems I listed.

And to whoever blocked my account your a damn Nazi and you have no right to be a moderator.

I see what's going on now. Are you sure you didn't type your password in wrong? Why would someone lock your account for that?

rick77f
10-20-2002, 02:15 PM
Here are all the items I have had wrong

1. Industrial Fallout
2. Parking Brake out of adjustment
3. Coolant Overflow Bottle not mounted properly and drivebelt wore through it. Bumper, radiator, alternator, had to be removed to change it.
4. Vacuum hose broken
5. Steering wheel not straight
6. Alignment out of spec.
7. Rear speakers not screwed in completely
8. Plastic clips in seat tracks fell out.
9. Plastic trim on right side of passenger seat came loose.

So far no oil consumption, but I changed it at 500 mi. I have been to numerous Honda dealers and have been treated wonderfully at all of them. I fixed some of these things myself. It took the dealer 2 times to get my steering right. The first time I took it the advisor said that the car was pulling due to torque steer. That does not happen at 80mph cruise. I have been a mechanic my whole life, and was a bit insulted by the writer. I kept calm and dealt with a technician instead. We saw eye to eye on all of the issues with my car and they were fixed immediately. I am a bit disappointed with the initial quality, hell my 1990 Cavalier was put together better than this. But that is part of buying new. I am sure that with all the minor nuisances aside, this will be a long lasting, reliable vehicle.

Glix2
10-20-2002, 02:15 PM
I can log in just fine, they took away the ability for me to reply or post.

natesi
10-20-2002, 02:17 PM

No, did you purchase the honda alarm package?
Whenever you start the car it automatically locks the doors for you.

On many alarms (although I don't know about Honda) this is a setting. You can have it on or off. Maybe someone jacked with the alarm, or you changed the setting unknowingly?? Just an idea........

Glix2
10-20-2002, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by natesi
[B]
Hmmm... a newbie with 2 posts (these being the only 2). That doesn't look suspicous at all!!

Is that right Mr. Smarty Pants?

And what was your position at this law practice?

I don

natesi
10-20-2002, 02:23 PM

They do when Honda forgets to put the outer boot clip on.

Tell you what I'll go outside right now and take a picture of it.
It's still broken since Honda can't get me in to fix it until wednesday.

YOu didn't say that. You said it "exploded". Big difference.

natesi
10-20-2002, 02:32 PM
I had a J-body too! A 1990 Sunbird for 6 years. It wasn't a bad little car, but I definately woudln't say it was built better than the Honda. My family has owned 4 J-bodies all together. My parents had an 82 (new) and an 89, I had a used 83 as one of my first cars, then got a 90.

This is my first Honda. Yes I do have some minor things to take it in for, but I'm letting them accumulate so it doesn't have to be in the shop all the time.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed too, becuase I've always heard awesome things about honda. But in comparison to the 2002 ZX3 (lemon) I had, I can't complain too much. What I've experience so far is very, very, minor in comparison. No one builds a perfect car anyway--there's always something slightly amiss no matter what. Some people are more picky than others (like me) though.

For a $19,000 car though, I would expect a few more features and none of the piddly problems I have. BUT, hopefully, once it gets straightened out I won't have to mess with it. That's life I guess. Time will tell how the car holds up--I plan on having it 10 years (or longer) if I can.

Glix2
10-20-2002, 02:38 PM
http://members.cox.net/glixen/pic1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/glixen/pic2.jpg

http://members.cox.net/glixen/pic0.jpg

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Here is what a car with 6000 miles on it should look like.

http://members.cox.net/glixen/opic1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/glixen/opic3.jpg

Glix2
10-20-2002, 02:42 PM
I can't get the camera around back to show where the boot is completely torn apart.

Notice the MASSSS amount of axle grease all over the damn car.

The other front tire is totally clean in that area.

TrippZ
10-20-2002, 02:52 PM
for once i agree with natesi.

Your car isnt a lemon. You're just a tad bit spoiled. A lemon is WAY different then what you're experiencing.

The WORST thing that you have is your CV joint, and i doubt that's even a big deal. You know, there's a good chance that you're driving incorrectly.

But even if you're NOT, it could be that it's just shotty work done. When i had my EP, i found that saying "well, you know what, I spent 19,000 dollars of my hard earned money with you guys, and if you dont treat me like I just spent 19,000 dollars, then take the car bake, take the keys, take the title, and I'll take my money"

That should set them straight.

P.S - Rightfully so that you were kept from posting, your defamation of the EP because you had 1 serious problem and 5 not even relative problems doesnt give you ANY right to call it a Lemon.

natesi
10-20-2002, 03:00 PM
I don't understand.

Is it torn or is a clamp off? I'm not a mechanic, but it looks like the clamps are on in the pictures.

Before you posted the pics, you said one of the clamps were missing; now you're saying the boot is torn. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but which is it? There's a big difference--boots get torn by other objects, which happens sometimes. That's not a defect with Honda--just bad luck. Are they covering this?

Glix2
10-20-2002, 03:01 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S - Rightfully so that you were kept from posting, your defamation of the EP because you had 1 serious problem and 5 not even relative problems doesnt give you ANY right to call it a Lemon.

God help us all if you are an American.

Beave0101
10-20-2002, 03:15 PM
that really sucks man, i've heard alot of complaints about the brakes as well.

Your car isnt a lemon. You're just a tad bit spoiled. A lemon is WAY different then what you're experiencing.

The year is 2002. It's a new Honda. Dont try and blame this guy or pass it off like theres not something wrong with his car, I'm into honda's because they're reliable as shit, even when you abuse and revv the piss out of'em. Having these problems on a brand new car must royally suck.

And BTW: This guy's not a troll, he's having honest problems, and the mod's hear will censor him just for this and expressing his problems, as i will be just for having problems with some immature communist with a computer.

reyke
10-20-2002, 04:04 PM
oh my god you people are really Jerks, i mean really you have a couple of people that are dismayed with the workmanship of honda and all you people want to do is put them down for having valid issues

and i don't care what anyone says honda refinement and quality has gone down a great deal i don't know what got into honda but ever since the mid 90's thier craftsmanship has been going down me and my family haven't owned anything but honda's and it's starting to become a very regular site at the dealership to have new cars that not only leave the dealership parking lot but have to sent back within a couple of months just becuase honda technicians decided to be a little lazy and go smoke that friggin cigarrette. Say whatever you all want but i would much rather buy a 93 Si with the weak ass d16 and have the quality that was still prevalant then get a new EP Si. Anyways I've exhausted my hands with this post.

And don't worry what's great about the mod's here, is the fact that not only do they shut you up but they're not man enough to admit to who actually did it.

TrippZ
10-20-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by reyke
oh my god you people are really Jerks, i mean really you have a couple of people that are dismayed with the workmanship of honda and all you people want to do is put them down for having valid issues

and i don't care what anyone says honda refinement and quality has gone down a great deal i don't know what got into honda but ever since the mid 90's thier craftsmanship has been going down me and my family haven't owned anything but honda's and it's starting to become a very regular site at the dealership to have new cars that not only leave the dealership parking lot but have to sent back within a couple of months just becuase honda technicians decided to be a little lazy and go smoke that friggin cigarrette. Say whatever you all want but i would much rather buy a 93 Si with the weak ass d16 and have the quality that was still prevalant then get a new EP Si. Anyways I've exhausted my hands with this post.

And don't worry what's great about the mod's here, is the fact that not only do they shut you up but they're not man enough to admit to who actually did it.

what the fuck do you know about the mods you little shit, this is your FIRST POST.

nyisles
10-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Wow, you Honda nazis need to consider ending yourselves. Banning someone for posting about the problems he's had with his Si? Sorry, but that is simply retarded. http://www.lamer.net/headshake.gif

natesi
10-20-2002, 05:47 PM
Wait a sec... How do we know the guy just isn't having a problem logging in? It's happened to me before. I think we're jumping the gun here, until we know the real story.

Anyway, not to beat this dead, but I dont' have a problem with someone posting their problems here. But he's going beyond that by calling it a lemon, when he obviously doesn't even know what qualifies as a lemon (legally speaking).

Even if you leave the legal mumbo jumbo out, he's saying he has a lemon because he's been the the dealership, for what is mostly minor problems that have nothing to do with reliability or longevity. Only time will tell about oil consumption, but it seems to be happening to almost everyone durring the first 5-10K miles. From what I can tell, it's normal for the engine to do this durring break in--makes sens.

And as far as the CV boots go, yes, that's a big problem. But he can't even tell us if they are ripped OR if Honda left the clamp off. FIRST they "exploded", then the clamp was off, and now they are torn. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?! The pics show the clamps, so I'm guessing its torn. If it's torn, it was probably by a forign object, and it has nothing to do with a defective part! So, as far as I'm concerned this is not a legitimate compalint.

Yet, he's claiming the car is a lemon becuase of something that that slashed his CV boots, a lose speaker, and the auto lock feature doesn't work (I disabled it on my alarm anyway--it's annoying). Half his list is minor stuff that has nothing to do with a lemon and one doesn't seem to be realted to a manufacture defect. I've already gave examples of this.

We'll have to see about oil consumption and I'm guessing the CV joints were torn from something else. On the other things... good luck. But your car is not a lemon, or even close. At least not yet.

I know how it is to buy a car and have lots of little things go wrong with it--it sucks. But this is the first model year of the EP and he's got a 3 year warranty. He should be albe to get all that fixed and see what happens with the oil consumption (LIKE EVERYONE ELSE).

nickw252
10-20-2002, 05:56 PM
That really is pretty damn weak that you banned him because he was complaining. While I will agree that he does not have a lemmon, he still has had quite a few problems with a new Honda.

Whoever is the communist moderator who banned him should definantly get off his power trip.

Dude
10-20-2002, 06:00 PM
It sucks that his car is having problems.
Let him work it out with the dealership.
Nobody here is misleading him; Just being honest about lemon laws.

nyisles
10-20-2002, 06:01 PM
Who cares if he wants to call his car a lemon? The functional phrase here is "his car," let him call it whatever the hell he wants. He's not saying that every '02 Si sucks, so what he calls his car is really of no consequence to you. As far as the banning vs. login problem thing goes, he said that he was able to log in just fine and that he gets a "You are not allowed to post" message when he tries to post or reply, which strongly points to a ban (or suspension of posting privileges, which is essentially the same thing). Whichever mod banned him should own up to it so we can see who really deserves to be relieved from their "duty" here.

reyke
10-20-2002, 06:09 PM
and to think i thought i was one of a few that thought this was messed up but it seems that a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon and by the way you don't need to know the mod's on this board to realize that they are some very shady individuals

natesi
10-20-2002, 06:09 PM
I think thats the same message you get if you don't log in correctly.

I'll bet that's what is happening.

I care that he calls it a lemon because other people visiting the site won't see this thread; just the message above his avitar. Then they will get the wrong idea.

Now, if it actually was a lemon, I'd be right there with him--hell yea; put it on above your avatar and tell everyone you know what a piece of junk you got.

But that's not the case. People might see that, and consider not buying the car. It's not cool.

Jpax
10-20-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by nyisles
Wow, you Honda nazis need to consider ending yourselves. Banning someone for posting about the problems he's had with his Si? Sorry, but that is simply retarded. http://www.lamer.net/headshake.gif

someone boot this guy what a fuging idiot.

YEA IM A NAZI, hI hittler

as i'm driving by

bye hitler!

reyke
10-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by natesi
I think thats the same message you get if you don't log in correctly.

I'll bet that's what is happening.

I care that he calls it a lemon because other people visiting the site won't see this thread; just the message above his avitar. Then they will get the wrong idea.

Now, if it actually was a lemon, I'd be right there with him--hell yea; put it on above your avatar and tell everyone you know what a piece of junk you got.

But that's not the case. People might see that, and consider not buying the car. It's not cool.

well if that's the way you look at it then please get rid of your avatar besides there are several people that use AOL as thier internet provider and you never know since you have such colorful expletives associated with AOL in your avatar you might give AOL users the wrong idea about the company that they put thier hard earned money into, and after all you can do and say whatever you want about AOL they still make thier money and you have no right to display such childish and idiotic humor

nyisles
10-20-2002, 06:21 PM
hmmm... thought they spoke English in Seattle. :confused:

http://www.lamer.net/hitlartime.gif

HondaMan
10-20-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Glix

I haven't had any of these problems (knock on wood).

natesi
10-20-2002, 06:35 PM
The difference is AOL really does suck (always have) and they are going down hill fast. If they don't turn it around the new president will be asked to resign soon (saw it on the news).

THE OTHER MAIN DIFFERENCE (this is a BIG one), is my avatar is meant to be taken as a **joke**. If you have any sense of humor, that is.

On the other hand, Glix is NOT joking around.

natesi
10-20-2002, 06:37 PM

well if that's the way you look at it then please get rid of your avatar besides there are several people that use AOL as thier internet provider and you never know since you have such colorful expletives associated with AOL in your avatar you might give AOL users the wrong idea about the company that they put thier hard earned money into, and after all you can do and say whatever you want about AOL they still make thier money and you have no right to display such childish and idiotic humor

You use such big words. Why don't you use periods too?

Jpax
10-20-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by nyisles
hmmm... thought they spoke English in Seattle. :confused:

they do speak english in seattle

BREAK YO SELF MO FO.....

dont be stepping to me like you know someone..................

December 31, 1969 fuging 33 year old. bastard.....

you dont even own an EP3 what the hell are you doing pissing everyone off for. ????? ehh

HI HITLER.

Hondatech
10-20-2002, 06:59 PM
I'd be interested in seeing the actual point of failure on that CV boot. it seems the clamp is in place, so it would appear the failure happend somewhere else on the boot.

FWIW, something like a stick can trash a boot. I know, becuase I've pulled a piece of a stick out of a punctureed boot before (customer brought it in for a weird "wap-wap-wap" noise from the wheel :D )

Glix2
10-20-2002, 07:13 PM
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.

Logged in user: Glix [logout]

I get this on my old account attempting to post or reply to any thread I try to. So you can toss your I don't know my password theory out the window.

PBN
10-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Just a thought, but have you tried clearing you web browser cache, tossing your cookies, etc? With Microshaft, you never know.

Glix2
10-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Wait a sec... How do we know the guy just isn't having a problem logging in? It's happened to me before. I think we're jumping the gun here, until we know the real story.

Anyway, not to beat this dead, but I dont' have a problem with someone posting their problems here. But he's going beyond that by calling it a lemon, when he obviously doesn't even know what qualifies as a lemon (legally speaking).

Even if you leave the legal mumbo jumbo out, he's saying he has a lemon because he's been the the dealership, for what is mostly minor problems that have nothing to do with reliability or longevity. Only time will tell about oil consumption, but it seems to be happening to almost everyone durring the first 5-10K miles. From what I can tell, it's normal for the engine to do this durring break in--makes sens.

And as far as the CV boots go, yes, that's a big problem. But he can't even tell us if they are ripped OR if Honda left the clamp off. FIRST they "exploded", then the clamp was off, and now they are torn. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?! The pics show the clamps, so I'm guessing its torn. If it's torn, it was probably by a forign object, and it has nothing to do with a defective part! So, as far as I'm concerned this is not a legitimate compalint.

Yet, he's claiming the car is a lemon becuase of something that that slashed his CV boots, a lose speaker, and the auto lock feature doesn't work (I disabled it on my alarm anyway--it's annoying). Half his list is minor stuff that has nothing to do with a lemon and one doesn't seem to be realted to a manufacture defect. I've already gave examples of this.

We'll have to see about oil consumption and I'm guessing the CV joints were torn from something else. On the other things... good luck. But your car is not a lemon, or even close. At least not yet.

I know how it is to buy a car and have lots of little things go wrong with it--it sucks. But this is the first model year of the EP and he's got a 3 year warranty. He should be albe to get all that fixed and see what happens with the oil consumption (LIKE EVERYONE ELSE).

Nate please for the sake of clarification why don't you tell everyone what your theory on Lemon law is? I can tell you that up to this point you don't know what you're talking about.

Huge amounts of Oil Consumption is not a minor issue
A popping clutch is not a minor issue
A popping brake system is not a minor issue
A busted CV boot is not a minor issue

Now I will agree that the other items in the list are nuances at best, but none the less they do add to the fire.

And just as stated before If I want to call my fucking car a Lemon that's my damn business.

Finally would mister nazi moderator please step up like a man and admit it.

natesi
10-20-2002, 07:30 PM
I get this on my old account attempting to post or reply to any thread I try to. So you can toss your I don't know my password theory out the window. [/B]

If somone here really has it out for you why wouldn't they just lock the account your using now? Or make a rule that when you sign up ban by the email address you use, or your IP address? Hell, why not just disable the account all together?

Glix2
10-20-2002, 07:31 PM

If somone here really has it out for you why wouldn't they just lock the account your using now? Or make a rule that when you sign up ban by the email address you use, or your IP address? Hell, why not just disable the account all together?

Because I'll just make another one.
Because I have multiple e-mail adresses
Because I'm on DHCP....that IP blocking shit doesn't work.
Because only an Administrator has those abilities moderators do not.

They can't stop me from posting here aside from making the ENTIRE site password protected.

Glix2
10-20-2002, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PBN

natesi
10-20-2002, 07:47 PM

Nate please for the sake of clarification why don't you tell everyone what your theory on Lemon law is? I can tell you that up to this point you don't know what you're talking about.

A popping clutch is not a minor issue
A popping brake system is not a minor issue
A busted CV boot is not a minor issue

Now I will agree that the other items in the list are nuances at best, but none the less they do add to the fire.

And just as stated before If I want to call my fucking car a Lemon that's my damn business.

Finally would mister nazi moderator please step up like a man and admit it.

Everyone can hear their brakes first thing they drive it for the day--it's normal on these cars, as someone else has already stated. But when you listed your 6 points, you balled the CV joints and the brake noise problem together. So, if the CV joints make a strange noise when braking (not sure how), these are not two seperate issues but one. NOW you're making it sound like SEPERATE issues. So, is this all caused by the same thing (CV joint)?

Is the clutch popping, or making popping sounds? One sounds like the clutch isn't working, the other makes it appear you're only experienceing a noise. You're not very clear on these things--you've stated both. Oh wait! Or, is this like your CV boots--one time it's exploded, the other time the clamp is missing (despite pictures), and the next time it is torn?

There is no lemon law "theory". All you have to do is read it.

As for the CV boot, I've already addressed that. If it's torn I don't see how it could be a "defect"--but I suppose anything is possible, although maybe a bit unlikely.

nyisles
10-20-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE
they do speak english in seattle

Then why don't you?!

BREAK YO SELF MO FO.....

dont be stepping to me like you know someone..................

http://www.lamer.net/laugh.gif Wow. E-tHuGgIn at its finest. Put down the Menace II Society tape and back away slowly...

December 31, 1969 fuging 33 year old. bastard.....

Looks like you learned to read profiles! Amazing. Actually, I am 20, using that as my birthday was a joke. That date has significance in the realm of computers, but you couldn't be expected to know that :p

natesi
10-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Whatever.

This conversation is going no where, bla, bla, bla. Go ahead and exaggerate about all your problems, how defective the car is, switch stories a few times (always a good idea), and call it a lemon when it is not. I hope someday you open your own business and someone does something similar to you.

But anyway, I'm done argueing.... I cave! You got me--it must be a lemon!

Okay then, for entertainment purposes, lets just assume (pretend) it is a lemon. Lets just say you're right, for the sake of argument.

OK, now go get your money back or a replacement car. According to you it's a lemon so there shouldn't be any problem, right?! Go ahead then! Let's see it!

And uh, let me know when you get that.... And good luck, cause you'll need it.

See ya.

LordKoo
10-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Even if one of our member has a problem with his ride, we are entitled to know! That is why forums are for, to share information!

I won't be surprise that first of batch of cars usually have problems. It will take the factory awhile to iron out the little gimicks. But trust me, Honda isn't as bad as Nissan or the German counterparts. The is this guy I know who has an Audi TT for six months, and for four months of the ownership, the car was in the workshop all the time for something major like transmission, engine, turbo...etc.

HondaMan
10-20-2002, 08:45 PM
and to think i thought i was one of a few that thought this was messed up but it seems that a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon and by the way you don't need to know the mod's on this board to realize that they are some very shady individuals

The mods here are good guys, you obviously don't know what you are talking about! So, please shut your pie hole concerning the mods. I'm a little surprised Glix got banned but I'm sure it was a justifiable moderator action.

Glix,
Your car is not a lemon...so please give it a rest already! Just get it fixed and relax...its not that big a deal...the CV boot problem is your only semi-major problem so far.

nyisles,
Paxie is a great member so do us all a favor and STFU.

BTW, AOL does suck!!! :p

Glix2
10-20-2002, 08:46 PM
Whatever.

This conversation is going no where, bla, bla, bla. Go ahead and exaggerate about all your problems, how defective the car is, switch stories a few times (always a good idea), and call it a lemon when it is not. I hope someday you open your own business and someone does something similar to you.

But anyway, I'm done argueing.... I cave! You got me--it must be a lemon!

Okay then, for entertainment purposes, lets just assume (pretend) it is a lemon. Lets just say you're right, for the sake of argument.

OK, now go get your money back or a replacement car. According to you it's a lemon so there shouldn't be any problem, right?! Go ahead then! Let's see it!

And uh, let me know when you get that.... And good luck, cause you'll need it.

See ya.

Ok Nate out with it, who do you work for? You're far to concerned with what people are going to think when they see my lemon tag and now this little own your own business stuff just totally turned on a light bulb....

Honda?
Make parts for EP's?

Come on speak up.

natesi
10-20-2002, 08:58 PM

Ok Nate out with it, who do you work for? You're far to concerned with what people are going to think when they see my lemon tag and now this little own your own business stuff just totally turned on a light bulb....

Honda?
Make parts for EP's?

Come on speak up.

I work for a company that makes dentistry products.

Anyway, let us know how it goes with your lemon. Your car is a lemon now, remember?! Let us know when you get your new one, your money back, or what ever you're going after. Don't forget to ask for rental car reimbursement too.

Good luck with all that. See ya.

natesi
10-20-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan

BTW, AOL does suck!!! :p

*he he*

No doubt!

= )

rick77f
10-20-2002, 09:33 PM
When I tried to reply to the beginning of the post I got the same message. I don't think anybody is being banned. The login here is a little buggy sometimes.

Beave0101
10-20-2002, 11:48 PM
what the fuck do you know about the mods you little shit, this is your FIRST POST

While you werent talking to me, you are by far the dumbest internet personality here. Posts = Brains?

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2002, 04:09 AM
sorry to hear your problems glix. I haven't had any of those....yet.

freedomgli
10-23-2002, 06:39 AM
I think I will agree with user natesi for most of this argument.

While I certainly appreciate the humor in many of the posts on this forum (that Menace II Society crack was a particularly good one), I think myself and many others on this forum would appreciate honesty and truthful detail about what is really happeneing with their vehicles, rather than the really boring to read complaining about them. I can understand the frustration with being one of the first to own and experience a new model build vehicle. I also love the USA and most of the laws that govern us. However, I do feel that several distasteful comments have been made in posts and replys, including the avitar statement about the car being a lemon (wether you were or weren't joking was unlcear on this). Just my opinion. You'll have to live with what you say.

I would just like to reccommend to all that you think a little bit more about what you would like to say before shooting off at the keyboard. This way you can get more respect for the information you are trying to convey to other users.

Hopefully we can now start a new thread on something fun like who is going to organize an Si meet or trackday.

atl-si
10-23-2002, 07:53 AM
You know what guys....why can't we all get along. Anyways, I haven't had any problems at all with my EP and if I was in GLIX shoes I would be pissed as hell and call my car a lemon too. Whether it is a lemon or not..so be it. I would expect the best from Honda even if it was a new model car. WE all just need to chill out since we want the best for our cars since some of us did pay $19,400 for it.

yomamaInMySi
10-23-2002, 02:01 PM
DTH Lock it, please!

Glix2
10-23-2002, 06:41 PM
I spent 2 hours at Honda today. Some of that time was spent driving around with the shop foreman.
After he drove my car, he decided to keep it for 2 days and put me in a rental.

Problem: Rear strut makes loud pop going up driveways
Fix: Check and determine if the strut mounts need to be replaced.
Problem: Car no longer locks after being turned on
Fix: Replace alarm system
Problem: Clutch makes 3 popping sounds on depress
Fix: Replace Master and Slave clutch cylinders.
Problem: Front left CV boot leaks
Fix: Replace CV boot and CV boot clip
Problem: Front brakes make a loud pop on first press
Fix: Replace 2 internal parts of my brake system

They are also trying to determine if my differential is on it's way out. Based on noise they heard while driving the car.

P.S. for anyone interested my account is still banned. Not that it really did any good.

When I get the car back I will post pics of the work order.

natesi
10-23-2002, 07:52 PM

P.S. for anyone interested my account is still banned. Not that it really did any good.

When I get the car back I will post pics of the work order.

For the love of ALL THAT IS HOLY, your account is *not* banned! I had the same thing happen to me today, except I didn't go feaking out calling people nazi. It cleared it self up. Try loggin in under your own account and creating a new post or something.... then try responding to this thread.

That's what I did.

It worked. Had it not worked I would have written the admin and got the real story instead of jumping to conclusions.

So, when are you going to get your car replaced or your money back--cause it's a lemon, remember?

LordKoo
10-23-2002, 07:59 PM
Glix,
I share your pain and misery going thru all those ordeals. I have two defective with my one month old EP. Don't know what to say... Only can voice and complaint is what I am going to do...

Darn those bloody british... Must be sleeping on their jobs again! Arrgh... No wonder BAR and Jordan could not do any better in 2002 F1 season!

myeverlovinsir
10-23-2002, 08:12 PM
Best I can say is this...

you should like this.