PDA

View Full Version : s 2000 starter button

registered
05-17-2004, 08:54 AM
I know that this has been around for while now but I just got around to doing this and need help from those of you who have the starter button from honda. I am trying to install the button but I am a bit confused by those who say that a relay is required and by others who say that it is not required with the Honda button. If it isnt required what prongs do I use on the button and to what do they connect. Yes I have searched and am still unclear as the instruction seem to be for only the non original Honda starter buttons and the only thing that I see for the original button is that some have done it but no instructions on how to. Thanks for the help

Peking
05-17-2004, 09:15 AM
Moved to interior and sorry I can't be of any help, good luck :)

registered
05-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Thanks anyway, I managed to figure it out and now have a working engine start button. I see that there were about 30 some views but only one reply. For waht ever its worth I will try to eplain what I did, hopefully this will help those who have questions.

1) If you have a start button from honda you do not need a relay
2) You will use three prongs only. One will go to the white and black ignition wire, the second to the green and yellow cigarrete lighter wire and the third goes to the other cigarrete lighter wire.
It was not difficult at all but with different instructions it was a bit confussing.

DoMahMeGok
05-20-2004, 10:12 AM
I was thinking of doing the start button mod, where did you get the genuine honda button and how much was it? Thanks in advance

registered
05-20-2004, 09:43 PM
You can get the button from a honda dealership and it was no more than $55

the JigGa mAn
05-20-2004, 11:27 PM
the start button in the RX-8 is pretty cool too..in the shape of a rotar

Jaminak
05-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Is the button lighted? Does the "Engine Start" light up when you turn the lights on?

Civicvtec1ps
05-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Jaminak
Is the button lighted? Does the "Engine Start" light up when you turn the lights on?
Yea. Letter lights up.

BlackHatcher
05-24-2004, 03:18 PM
I got the button from HandAaccessories.com (http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000-03.html) , scroll to the bottom of the page... It's only $33.84 from them + shipping, I think it came out to around $38 when I ordered it, and its genuine Honda!!! Hope this helps...

DraginSi
05-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Anyone have a How to on installing this?