PDA

View Full Version : more organization for ephatch

downhil
05-17-2004, 05:56 PM
since i love all things car related, i was checking out www.srtforums.com and am very impressed with the organization there. the have manufacturers that sponsor individual topics, more rhyme and reason to the stickies, and organized a multi day national meet with all the head honcho's from pvo. in the members rides topic there where individual stickies for each color of skittle; which would do away with the new people asking for pics of a certain color with certain mods. individual vendor topics for the 30! sponsoring vendors. have a topic specifically for videos, warranty issues and problems, and other topics that have been requested here. they have a little over 11000 members versus our just under 5000. basically im just wondering where the descrepancy is. a couple of the mods have done a very good job of keeping things organized (to the point of being anal about it.;) :D ). is there any direction the site is going, or is it at its peak....just a forum? anyone else have anything to add, or is it just me?

Tenacious G
05-17-2004, 06:00 PM
those are, among others, topics that have been discussed w/ DTH and Type X.

i'm sure you'll be seeing the fruits of our labor before too long.

downhil
05-17-2004, 06:04 PM
okay then, as you were soldiers.

Jpax
05-17-2004, 06:07 PM
well speaking from being on here for a little while.

when I try to get things going in one direction by keeping nonimportant posts and other dumbshit out of the spicific topics, the "mob" of ephatchers gets there ruffels in a bundle.

"why did you lock my thread", "your a nazi tool" " you are on a power trip and need to stop"

fuck i ve heard it all. and you know what..........I DON'T GIVE A FUCK....... if you would post in the correct fucking forum and topic then maybe it would not have been locks and deleted. or if you have a fucking problem then why don't you go to a different fucking forum were they will let you post your dumb, retarded, fucking threads some were else.

This forum has a direction, the progression of the ep chassis. BUT people need to post topics relivent to the subject, this is more of a message board...I admit I ll be the first asshole to post shit in off topic. but THATS WERE IT BELONGS NOT IN EPDISCUSSION....... fucking retards....

downhil
05-17-2004, 06:12 PM
im with you on all counts. and ive never been one of 'those' accusers. the comment on the mods was aimed at peking....everytime i turn around i see 'changed your title a little and moved to "X" topic'. :D but that's what this place needs. break out the ban stick again and clean some house.;)

SubliminalSi
05-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE
well speaking from being on here for a little while.

when I try to get things going in one direction by keeping nonimportant posts and other dumbshit out of the spicific topics, the "mob" of ephatchers gets there ruffels in a bundle.

"why did you lock my thread", "your a nazi tool" " you are on a power trip and need to stop"

fuck i ve heard it all. and you know what..........I DON'T GIVE A FUCK....... if you would post in the correct fucking forum and topic then maybe it would not have been locks and deleted. or if you have a fucking problem then why don't you go to a different fucking forum were they will let you post your dumb, retarded, fucking threads some were else.

This forum has a direction, the progression of the ep chassis. BUT people need to post topics relivent to the subject, this is more of a message board...I admit I ll be the first asshole to post shit in off topic. but THATS WERE IT BELONGS NOT IN EPDISCUSSION....... fucking retards....

Its ok Pax, i still love you:*

Peking
05-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by downhil
im with you on all counts. and ive never been one of 'those' accusers. the comment on the mods was aimed at peking....everytime i turn around i see 'changed your title a little and moved to "X" topic'. :D but that's what this place needs. break out the ban stick again and clean some house.;)

So I guess that is a good thing http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/shrug03.gif :D

I hate to say it, but I don't want to ban. Instead I just everyone to understand that keeping things a certain way is kinda taxing. I would like to see this site like the one you linked above. And maybe one day it will, I just hope I will be around to help it become more than what it is now.

Also I post that stuff in those threads I touch, cause it allows others to know who did it. And hoping that seeing those posts will help keep members aware of taking the time to do things on there own.

SubliminalSi
05-17-2004, 06:57 PM
Well, to all you mods that are currently modding, i think you guys are the best weve had for along while. Everything is in very good order IMO. So there ya go, yall got at least one fan:cool:

Peking
05-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
Well, to all you mods that are currently modding, i think you guys are the best weve had for along while. Everything is in very good order IMO. So there ya go, yall got at least one fan:cool:

That is very nice of you to say :crym: For us new mods we had kinda big shoes to fill :(

But we do try to do what we can for the site and her members :D

Tenacious G
05-17-2004, 07:26 PM
i know the mods are trying to make this site more than just a discussion board. from FAQs, to organizing state meets (see my sig), to keeping the boards as clean as possible ... i think EPhatch is headed in a good direction w/ Type X handling administrative duties.

STP03BlueSI
05-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Wow..alot of love in this thread. We all love Paxie...and Hate peking;)

So I will just go back to my little corner, plop my ass down, cry, pee on my self, and watch you all beat the piss out of each other.:D

Chris

p.s. That is why I am the Quiet Mod.:angel:

!@#$%
05-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Wow..alot of love in this thread. We all love Paxie...and Hate peking;)

So I will just go back to my little corner, plop my ass down, cry, pee on my self, and watch you all beat the piss out of each other.:D

Chris

p.s. That is why I am the Quiet Mod.:angel:

i never even realized you were a mod in the first place.

oogy-boogy
05-18-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Tenacious G

Great news that I'm sure we're all looking forward to. :cool:

Happy to hear about some upcoming positive advancements....:D

STP03BlueSI
05-18-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i never even realized you were a mod in the first place.

Yep, been a mod for awhile now.:D :angel:

jaydub
05-18-2004, 06:42 AM
i love seeing people get all butthurt when I lock their threads or say "mean things" to them. Grow some fucking thicker skin.

k20whiteboi269
05-18-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Tenacious G

i cant wait to see the new ephatch. hopefully it will be structured more like srt4-forums. im a member of that site and really think they have a good setup. id also like to see a video section and more organized member ride section.. :)

Si3
05-18-2004, 07:04 AM
Im very excited for the new & improved EPHATCH!!

on a side note, is there anyway i can become a mod? (midwest section maybe)

Im on this site a whole lot (joy of under-used T1 lines at work), enjoy trying to organize meets, and would like to help this site grew into something similar to srtforums.

Let me know if i can help in anyway.

-Aj-

STP03BlueSI
05-18-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
i love seeing people get all butthurt when I lock their threads or say "mean things" to them. Grow some fucking thicker skin.

I thought it was always Ballz?

Peking
05-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Si3
Im very excited for the new & improved EPHATCH!!

on a side note, is there anyway i can become a mod? (midwest section maybe)

Im on this site a whole lot (joy of under-used T1 lines at work), enjoy trying to organize meets, and would like to help this site grew into something similar to srtforums.

Let me know if i can help in anyway.

-Aj-

Don't have to be a mod for local sections organizer :D

Anyway nothing agianst anyone, but please don't ask to be a mod. We mods meet secretly in a back alley and discuss who we think will be a good mod when we need um :smilem:

Also no one really said there would be a new ephatch, maybe some changes but only time will tell.

BlairSpeed
05-18-2004, 01:19 PM
I like the ideas mentioned in the first post and would really like to see this website progress. Keep up the good work mods!

downhil
05-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
I like the ideas mentioned in the first post and would really like to see this website progress. Keep up the good work mods!

you basically summarized all of my thoughts.