PDA

View Full Version : passenger seat question

serialdriller
05-17-2004, 10:01 PM
My passenger seat: When you lift the side button to move it forward to let someone into the back, the seat slides forwards and backwards without locking.

Is that normal?

For example if you lift the side button and slide the chair forward, when the person in the front sits, it slides all the way back, and it wont lock until the upper portion of the seat is locked in. My friends who sit in the rear right have gotten their feet smooshed because of the chair!

Its different than my old civic, and the drivers side. Is that how it is suppoes to be? or do i need to take it to the dealer to get it checked?

mdoyle
05-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Mine is like that. In fact, my brother in laws EG hatch was the same way, so is my Prelude, my sisters Integra, my friends EM1 Si, and my friends old EM1 EX.

mdoyle
05-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Oh, so is my roommates EF CRX.

Jay H
05-18-2004, 06:55 AM
My passenger seat is the same. I just wish that the passenger seat would retain "memory" and return to the same position that it was in before being moved forward... It seems to just return to the same predetermined seat back adjustment and position on the seat rails. Even my cheesy Chevy that I had prior was designed to have the passenger seat return to it's exact position after being moved foward. We can't have it all I guess...!

Ep3 No.2
05-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by mdoyle
Mine is like that. In fact, my brother in laws EG hatch was the same way, so is my Prelude, my sisters Integra, my friends EM1 Si, and my friends old EM1 EX.

i guess that jus means all hondas are like that eh ? everyone and theres moms drives a honda according to mdoyle =O)

serialdriller
05-18-2004, 07:46 PM
Ok thanks! good to know!!! :D so its not juts my ep hatch! :P