PDA

View Full Version : Springs question

dobiejoe
05-17-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm done with my custom trunk project and want to move on.

I'm looking to start on my suspension now. I noticed that when I put my 17 inch rims on it actualy raised the car about 1 inch.

So I'm thinking of neuspeed race springs that have a 2 inch drop and
koni yellows later. Before we get started I love the Koni's and will stick with them.

Questions
1. Do you all think I can add lowering springs now and shocks later?
2. Do you think the OEM shocks can handle it for a while(6 months)?
3. What would the ride be like with new springs and the OEM shocks? 4. What would a 2 inch drop do to my camber? Will I need a whole
kit or just a camber correction bolt?

Any idea's would be great. I'm not compleatly set on neuspeeds. but dont really want to spend the money for tein's

Suk02Si
05-18-2004, 11:25 PM
1.yes
2.yes
3. depends on the spring, neuspeed race is rougher than eibach pro kit
4. front camber should be within spec, but rear camber will be around -2.5 deg with the neuspeed race

onEswEEtEp3
05-19-2004, 01:30 AM
GO for it!! Get a set of Koni's shock for sure I heard it's Great ride! and if you're only going for "sport springs" (not coilovers) w/ a 2' lower look go for the Neuspeeds IMO! ;) but not sure how well the ride goes but I heard it's not bad on stock shocks.

DoMahMeGok
05-19-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by dobiejoe
Questions
1. Do you all think I can add lowering springs now and shocks later?
2. Do you think the OEM shocks can handle it for a while(6 months)?
3. What would the ride be like with new springs and the OEM shocks? 4. What would a 2 inch drop do to my camber? Will I need a whole
kit or just a camber correction bolt?

Any idea's would be great. I'm not compleatly set on neuspeeds. but dont really want to spend the money for tein's [/B]

I have nuespeed on the stock wheels and shocks.
1,2&3. I don't think it is a problem, I bottom out sometimes but I just learned to dodge the potholes, which I don't think is a problem for tampa. I had them for probably 6months maybe more, no problems with the shocks. The ride is stiffer, less body roll makes me want to corner harder, but understeer is still a problem for me.
4. The camber in the front is not really noticeable, but the camber in the rear is. I probably rolled 10k with no camber kit and I don't notice much uneven wear. and I think the camber kits come with a bolt for the front and something else for the rears HTH