PDA

View Full Version : Alum Arm bushings torn

yomamaInMySi
05-18-2004, 05:11 AM
Yes, these things are brand new. I just finished it on Friday the 14th, drove the car to get an alignment everything worked fine. I then drove it home, lifted the car to double check everything and re-torque everything and I found the two bushing were cracked or torn. When I installed this thing I torque everything to spec as per Honda manual. I can't believe this. I contacted my vendor and King, I hope they do the right thing and get this taken care of.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzk3ODY5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Suk02Si
05-18-2004, 11:23 PM
damn, that sucks. I noticed this happening around 35k mi on most 2dr/4dr civics. I've been checking mine at every oil change to make sure they still intact.

yomamaInMySi
05-20-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
damn, that sucks. I noticed this happening around 35k mi on most 2dr/4dr civics. I've been checking mine at every oil change to make sure they still intact.

My eyes are playing tricks on me. When I was installing the SC this weekend (Thanks Tony for the installed), I noticed that the bushing wasn't ripped but that it was dirty. The dirt made it look like it was cracked. King and VPR if you guys ever read this, I apologize for the misunderstanding.