PDA

View Full Version : Clutch feels funny...

adrew
05-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey, y'all!

I searched but couldn't find anything related to my "problem," if it even is one.

I have a bone-stock blue '03 with 10,500 miles on it. The clutch works fine and isn't slipping or anything. It has just started to feel like it isn't "hooking up" with much force.

I'm not talking about drag-racing or perfecting my launch technique--I don't do either--but just how it feels in normal, everyday driving. It's the worst when I'm on a steep hill or have a bunch of people in the car. It hooks up a lot further out than I'd like...and when it does catch it seems kinda abrupt.

Is it possible that something's out of adjustment? (Is there even anything to adjust on a hydraulic clutch?) Maybe a problem with the pressure plate? I noticed that the clutch fluid was much darker than the brake fluid. Is this normal?

Oh, one other thing. If the car's idling, say, after I first start it up in the morning--and I let the clutch out suddenly (car's in neutral), it will make a slight rough/rattly sound. Could it be related?

Guess I should add that my previous three cars have all been 5-speeds. My last Honda, an '84 Accord, didn't need a clutch 'til 150k, and the one in my last car, a '99 Proteg

Peking
05-18-2004, 03:22 PM
We have a very smooth and easy clutch to push, get that all the time from owners of older Civic's and Integra's.

Come out to our meet on June the fourth and we will check it out for you :) Since posting here and none of us are there in person we really couldn't tell you what it is.

Jon