PDA

View Full Version : N2O prep opinions

JNJzEsEye
05-18-2004, 08:15 PM
what should i generally install before i get my nitrous setup?
i got an exhuast and CAI so far....what would optimize my performance?:D

amctmg
05-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Well first you need to make sure you get a wet kit, Thats all I can tell you for sure but if you just browse through all the post or search nitrous you will find all the info you need . Its there:angel:

dankdogg
05-22-2004, 12:11 PM
there waas an article in honda tuning not to long ago. they did a zex wet kit on a rsx type s but im guessing its the same for our si. so a cai is good cause youre gonna drill a hole and put the nitrous nozzle directly into the inlet pipe. also they installed an aem fuel rail since it has the auxillary bung to hook up the fuel line for the wet kit. i would def go wet shot from what i hear. i was thinking of doing it myself. but im still debating between that and hondata.
but nitrous is basically plug and play. no need for headers or exaughst. you might want to get some colder plugs though.

good luck
keep us posted;)

DarkSiRacer
05-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Not much you need but I suggest upgrading the Spark plugs at least... if you got the money better fuel pump, ignition, etc.

DarkSiRacer
05-22-2004, 01:23 PM
just my opinion here but switching to the highest octane u can get would be good

penguin
06-08-2004, 08:42 PM
You must use a wet kit with the new Si. We have a returnless fuel system. That means, in basic terms, if you decide to hook a dry kit up and just run the line into the intake charge pipe, your car will run lean and will stop. Real quick, at that. You can make a fuel rail, change out some stuff and yada yada yada make a dry into a wet kit. Just spend the money and get the wet kit in the first place.

You won't need an intake, header, exhaust or etc. to make a kit work, but it will only help your gains. Colder plugs (maybe 2 step) would be recommended. Zex and Holly have plugs, I think.
HTH

ViViDPeArL
06-16-2004, 10:26 AM
i've been dying to get a wet kit but i'm not sure how the laws in california work against nitrous...i've heard as long as there's no nitrous in the line...to other extreme things like if the bottle has nitrous and it's in the car...your busted....etc...anyone know the law or have some knowledge regarding the nirous laws in CA?

mhx
06-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
i've been dying to get a wet kit but i'm not sure how the laws in california work against nitrous...i've heard as long as there's no nitrous in the line...to other extreme things like if the bottle has nitrous and it's in the car...your busted....etc...anyone know the law or have some knowledge regarding the nirous laws in CA?

nitrous is illegal in all states to run with the bottle open.. your not allowed to have your bottle open on the road it has to be closed. You can have it in your car for track use tho. Calif laws who knows its a fucked up state.

ViViDPeArL
06-16-2004, 11:09 AM
but what if i have a remote bottle opener? and i close it if i do happen to get pulled over?

mhx
06-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
but what if i have a remote bottle opener? and i close it if i do happen to get pulled over?

the cops choice at that point.

Vertigo
06-16-2004, 06:55 PM
You don't have to let the cop search your car. He must either have propable cause, a search warrant or your permission to do so. If your caught street racing with nitrous, all bets are off.