PDA

View Full Version : Debadge the Si

LordKoo
10-20-2002, 09:00 PM
Hi,
Has anybody try to remove the Si from the grille? What do I have to do to take it out? I don't want to break it either, just want to remove it in one nice piece like the rear.

Thanks!

ULTRAMANIA
10-21-2002, 03:16 PM
seriously. i want to know too. I just want the front si badge off, the rear one can stay.

clownswlleatu
10-21-2002, 03:33 PM
It is held in by 2 screws you have to take the bumper off to get to them. It's a real pain in the a$$. You might be able to get to them with a small screwdriver and a small pair of hands without taking off the bumper.

Suk02Si
10-21-2002, 06:08 PM
isn't that fot the H emblem? To remove the Si badge, remove the 8 or so clips on top of the bumper and flex it back toward you. If you look behind the Si, you'll see its held in by 3 clips, I think. I dont exactly remember how many, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Silvershadow
10-22-2002, 03:01 AM
Not so easy to remove in one piece.Odds are the plastic pins will break because of the star washers holding the Si emblem on.The only way I figure is to grind off opposite sides of the outer edges of the star washers.Clips are cheap.The emblem isn't.There's always 2-side foam tape.This might req. the removal of the grille.If you don't care about the 3 pins in back,then you could just use a screwdriver to pry it off.

You could buy a SiR emblem from Canada for about $21(US).

2k2SiAutoXer
10-22-2002, 05:35 AM
you could do what I did to get mine off, Run the car into a guard rail at 30 mph. The emblem popped, no problem. So did the bumper and grill and hood and airbags and bumper cover and radiators....Nevermind BAD idea!
----Tom

CleanBlackSi02
10-23-2002, 02:49 PM
I took mine off, but the pins broke. If you take it off, plan on keeping it off! PS-Much better looking without it!