PDA

View Full Version : need clarification on CTR tail lights

seattlecivic
05-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Okay, I see how the top lights on the CTR light up. Are those the courtesy lights that are on with the parking lights? Does the bottom light up like ours too at night driving and the top goes off or what?

I know that our top's are the hazard lights. I could have sworn I used to see a thread around here that told how to convert it over. I'd like to have that style. I think it looks great.

Also, what are these rear fog lights that are spoken of? Where do those things go? I know that on one of these websites advertised on ephatch, they have the little socket thing to convert it over to JDM with JDM tail's...

:cool:

seattlecivic
05-19-2004, 05:57 PM
bump

STP03BlueSI
05-21-2004, 09:48 AM
U have to cut in to your stock ones to make them JDM.:(

seattlecivic
05-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Screw that :(

Mugen Power
05-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Well, if you want an explanation on the foglights, look a few posts down titled "parts from japan or germany" or something like that. I gave some sort of explanation there. :)

excivic98
06-09-2004, 06:31 PM
I did this mod to my car, and if you take your taillights out and look closely at the dummy hole you will see that the hole is marked for the socket, I just cut it out on the lines and the light socket fit just like it was made to go there.

*thread resurrecting*

can anyone tell me if those sockets for the CTR tail lights fit the usdm plugs?

would they be plug-n-play, or would i have to rewire?

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k24/jse7183/EP3TailLights008.jpg

oldschoolimport
05-01-2008, 10:20 PM
its been damn near 3 years, but I think they all fit except for the turn signal, and it has to have the entire plug changed. or you can modify where the socket goes into the housing, but then you have a modified part, rather than a completely OEM light.

so you're saying the far right (funny looking) socket won't connect.

how can i make the usdm socket fit the housing? trim the plastic?

*wtf honda?*

oldschoolimport
05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
so you're saying the far right (funny looking) socket won't connect.

how can i make the usdm socket fit the housing? trim the plastic?

*wtf honda?*

like I said, its been 3 years, but you should be able to trim it. when I got mine jpax got a boat load, and sold them with all of the conversion parts, so it was easy for me. sorry I'm so fuzzy on the details.

cow
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
There are certain sockets from the S2000 tail lights that are plug & play (about $30 from a Honda dealer).

I don't remember the part numbers.

oldschoolimport
05-01-2008, 10:49 PM
There are certain sockets from the S2000 tail lights that are plug & play (about $30 from a Honda dealer).

I don't remember the part numbers.

we sure are a lotta fuckin help tonight with our half assed answers. I do apologize...

we sure are a lotta fuckin help tonight with our half assed answers. I do apologize...

half assed answers are better than no answers :mwink:

uumm....how much is too much to ctr tail lights?

found a set on ebay for about $250 :mangel:

found a cheaper set from germany and the u.k, but they wont ship :mfrown:

oldschoolimport
05-01-2008, 11:05 PM
250 is probably about right. whenever lots of them come up, you can find them for 180-ish. but in lean times, I don't think 250 is that bad. if you aren't in a big hurry, just sit back and watch prices. I've come up on some killer deals by being patient.

250 is probably about right. whenever lots of them come up, you can find them for 180-ish. but in lean times, I don't think 250 is that bad. if you aren't in a big hurry, just sit back and watch prices. I've come up on some killer deals by being patient.

i always miss the deals or am too late when our member from germany here posts (forgot his sn).

and i wanted to figure this socket thing out first.

the one i'm watching on ebay is about $250 shipped.

LAvtec818
05-02-2008, 02:23 AM
just go on ebay.uk and find bunch of em and start emailing the sellers and begging them to ship the lights loll, just mention mate and be kind and u will have the lights.

cow
05-02-2008, 06:05 AM

Seriously. Maybe our answers will trigger an answer for someone else, though.

I really doubt I have the recepit from when I ordered the parts, but I'll check when I'm home.

:sorry:

Is there any chance a Honda dealership would have a file of things I've ordered through the years from them? If yes, I'll call & ask.

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 08:04 AM
i still have no effing clue how the taillights are setup on the ep, and its driving me nuts cuz i bought my ep honda certified like this! and didnt notice for 6 months...they arent different reds its just the lighting

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/184474-2/P1010057small.JPG

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/184477-2/P1010058small.JPG

Notice anything!?!? they light up the same like the USDM but the left one hasnt been modified at at all, the sockets are all unmodified and the plugs are unmodified...

from what ive gathered the jdm type r taillights pretty much just switch the brake and taillight for operation...

did the EDM or UKDM taillights light up like ours? cuz my left one is clearly a type r taillight (and yes its a honda part) but being unmodified it lights up the same way as ours, im confused...

oldschoolimport
05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
the turn signal socket needs to be moved to the outside center, but it won't go straight there with the usdm socket.

chuck83
05-04-2008, 06:49 AM
ok.. i just installed my 02-03 ctr tails on my 04 ep last night.. heres what i did with the sockets..

the tail/stop light is a direct fit, no modification is needed

the turn signal needs to have two tabs trimmed off, look at the socket as you try to put it into the tail light and you'll see which ones need to be cut off. once the tabs are off the socket fits in nice and snug.

the reverse light i didnt mess with, i just stuck it in the light and left it there, the panel that you take off to get to the lights will keep it from sliding out.

it may be ghetto but it worked for me, nice and cheaply