PDA

View Full Version : my suspension sucks

stb190
05-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Okay i have the eibach pro kit on the 2003 si with 17's on toyo proxes 215/45 and it feels all off balance and all over the place... It takes bumps and potholes very badly and it seems like it need another alingment when i just had one a couple of months ago. Anybody who has an idea of what i can get for the car to give it a good solid ride with a more stable feel would be helpful... Im also thinking of getting the mugen suspension so anyone who has that please let me know how you like it. thanks

andy
05-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Sounds like maybe your shocks are blown, or something in your install went wrong.

The Mugen Suspension is a great choice - every review I've read of it is positive. Search on "mugen AND suspension" and you'll find a ton of threads about it.
There are a couple other good alternatives, like the Tein Basics, which are heigh adjustable. But you'll probably want to go with a full coilover combo (shocks and springs) regardless.

Tenacious G
05-19-2004, 03:49 PM
with a lowered car, your steering arms sit at an angle and you'll experience a lot of bumpsteer when going over bumps. i'd guess you're experiencing a lot of that.

stb190
05-19-2004, 04:33 PM
thanks for the help... anybody in the toms river nj area who knows somethin about suspensions on the ep let me know if you have an idea. thanks

BarracksSi
05-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Mugen = :D :D :D :D

I might decide to go check out SEMA in Atlantic City this weekend, but don't quote me on that.

I had decided to skip the process of going through spring & shocks, and just went all the way up to Mugen. Had it for over two weeks now, and I'm more than pleased.

EvilSlvRCiViC
05-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Tein all the way = height adjustablity is the shit!!:D

4g63dsm
05-20-2004, 01:56 PM
D2 36 way adjustable for $850

trk
05-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by stb190
thanks for the help... anybody in the toms river nj area who knows somethin about suspensions on the ep let me know if you have an idea. thanks

Your not listening... no matter if someone "knows" our suspension or not ... eibachs on stock shocks DONT cut it .... I know I had it for a year ... Mugen is the way to go, period. TEIN if you need adjustability.

stb190
05-20-2004, 04:56 PM
hey trk...Im curious if you had the pro kit or the sport line... i have the pro kit... in your opinion would it be worth while to buy replacement shocks or would you just say that it is better to spend the grand on mugen susp?

trk
05-20-2004, 06:27 PM
hey trk...Im curious if you had the pro kit or the sport line... i have the pro kit... in your opinion would it be worth while to buy replacement shocks or would you just say that it is better to spend the grand on mugen susp?

sportline.

Mugen all the way.

Then again, I AutoX. The mugens are much more stable, less dive, less roll, good ride, excellent at high speeds, etc.

stb190
05-20-2004, 06:58 PM
trk..one last question did u have to have a camber kit with the mugen setup and if so how much.thanks

BarracksSi
05-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Not to butt in, but with my Mugen setup, I could use a camber kit if I wanted to, but I don't really need to. My rear camber is at -1.75

trk
05-20-2004, 07:11 PM
trk..one last question did u have to have a camber kit with the mugen setup and if so how much.thanks

I bought the mugens thinking I wouldn't need a camber kit .... but I was wrong. Camber is not the problem ... its hard getting it properly aligned without one .... my car pulls right ... so I am having a camber kit installed to aid in the alignments fine tuning.

Tai