PDA

View Full Version : Nextgear intake manifold gasket

nextgear
05-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Nextgearinc.com www is not needed when typing this in. 8 hp and 6fpt was made on a k20a3, check us out!! P.S we are developing other products as I type this post!!

andy
05-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by nextgear
Nextgearinc.com www is not needed when typing this in. 8 hp and 6fpt was made on a k20a3, check us out!! P.S we are developing other products as I type this post!!

That's great, but:
A) Provide us with a dyno sheet.
B) You need to check into becoming a vendor and paying for advertising on this site. Otherwise, Type X or some mod is going
to lock this thread.
C) There's plenty of sites that don't use www. doh!

siver-SI
05-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by andy
That's great, but:
A) Provide us with a dyno sheet.
B) You need to check into becoming a vendor and paying for advertising on this site. Otherwise, Type X or some mod is going
to lock this thread.
C) There's plenty of sites that don't use www. doh!

They have the dyno sheet posted on their site/

As for B) I do agree.

2fastcivic
05-19-2004, 05:01 PM
didnt it say that it cost $60 for the gasket.

siver-SI
05-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by amctmg
Yup Yup nevermind

?

!@#$%
05-19-2004, 08:47 PM
looks like an identical red version of the hondata img i have sitting in my closet.

oogy-boogy
05-20-2004, 04:17 AM
How does your unit compare to the Hondata gasket? Is it just the red appeal? I can get both at the same price and I would love to hear your comments :).

Here's the Dyno...
http://nextgear.home.comcast.net/images/Dyno_Map2.gif

darkvibe
05-20-2004, 09:03 AM
8hp from the gasket? Can't say i'm believing that one...

Details? Material, thickness, etc...?

nextgear
05-20-2004, 01:35 PM
There is a dyno to prove it .....it was my car, Ill back this up 100% If you buy one and dont make power Ill give your money back!! I made more power with the gasket than the $400 greddy exhaust.

aRz
05-20-2004, 01:41 PM
whats the differance between yours and the hondata gasket...?

darkvibe
05-20-2004, 01:42 PM
What's it made of and how thick is it?

Tenacious G
05-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by nextgear

i'll allow the discussion of this gasket to continue, but if you want to utilize EPhatch to sell them, please become a vendor first. otherwise posts will be edited and/or deleted.

siver-SI
05-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by aRz
whats the differance between yours and the hondata gasket...?

That is what I wondering too.

Hey nextgear become a vender do a sweet group buy for us and a lot of us will be telling how good it is.

oogy-boogy
05-21-2004, 05:39 AM
FYI guys...

I'll be doing a full write up with Dyno results. I should have one of their gaskets for tomorrow's Dyno day in order to get before and after numbers.

Keep your eyes open for the write up next week. I'll link to it in this post. ;)

trk
05-21-2004, 05:51 AM
My Hondata gasket actually BROKE when my engine blew (or I am assuming thats when it broke) ....

What are the material differences between yours and hondatas? Im in the market for another.

the JigGa mAn
05-21-2004, 07:56 AM
wow that is very impressive 8hp from a gasket...and the dyno doesnt lie..and like everyone else has asked whats the diff between your gasket and the hondata one?

2fastcivic
05-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
FYI guys...

I'll be doing a full write up with Dyno results. I should have one of their gaskets for tomorrow's Dyno day in order to get before and after numbers.

Keep your eyes open for the write up next week. I'll link to it in this post. ;)

i'll be waiting for the dyno.

eurosteez
05-21-2004, 12:11 PM
it would be nice to see an independant dyno

Si3
05-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
it would be nice to see an independant dyno

And you will... Oogy is "takin' one for the team..."

thanks oogy, if it works for you, i will be buying...

Nextgear, become a vendor, do groupbuy.

-Aj-

oogy-boogy
05-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Si3
And you will... Oogy is "takin' one for the team..."

thanks oogy, if it works for you, i will be buying...

Nextgear, become a vendor, do groupbuy.

-Aj-

NP guys....Their Customer service kicks butt.

Pending the amount of interest, I believe they'll be contacting Type X to get a group buy started. :cool:

STP03BlueSI
05-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Cant wait to see the resolts.

DarkHatch
05-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
NP guys....Their Customer service kicks butt.

Pending the amount of interest, I believe they'll be contacting Type X to get a group buy started. :cool:

You can count me in on the groupbuy :D

trk
05-21-2004, 04:51 PM
me too

oldschoolimport
05-21-2004, 04:59 PM
I was in Nashville last week for the meet, and I ran into Lee. We were up in Lebanon, he drove to the otherside of Nashville to get me a gasket and met me downtown. THAT is customer service. There is no dyno around here, and I am real busy with selling the house and getting the divorce. I hope to get it on in the next couple of weeks. it looks great. packaging is very professional, the dyno sheet was included. I am anxious to get this put on. thanks again Lee.;)

Hondata
05-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by trk
My Hondata gasket actually BROKE when my engine blew (or I am assuming thats when it broke) ....

Send it back and we will replace it free of charge.

siver-SI
05-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DarkHatch

I am with you on this.

darkvibe
05-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Hondata

Would you mind PM'ing me what material your gasket is made of?

to everyone else: Sorry to jack the thread, no pm or email in his profile :p

trk
05-22-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Hondata

Tried to PM ya with no success... the dealer kept the gasket ... I have the receipt... will that work?

DarkHatch
05-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Any luck with the gasket Oogy?

fsugatorbait
05-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Any luck with the gasket Oogy?

Ill let him jump in with the details, but it worked out pretty well to say the least. :D

Mel, let me know if you want me to host the before and after dyno graph.

oogy-boogy
05-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Ill let him jump in with the details, but it worked out pretty well to say the least. :D

Mel, let me know if you want me to host the before and after dyno graph.

Phil, if you can help me out with that it'd be great. I'm having a hard time with the software ( <-- retard :p).

But yeah, we were both impressed with the numbers as well as the guy who ran the Dyno.

fsugatorbait
05-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Sure thing Mel, here ya go...

Remember its not necessarily all about peak hp, the gasket definately showed some nice gains throughout the entire powerband..

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA0NzcwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA0NzcxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

iVtec si
05-23-2004, 01:11 PM
what happened to the 8HP gain? Could other bolt on's greatly affect the real dyno numbers (eg: more flow from a better exhaust)?

peace

fsugatorbait
05-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Here is the point where the gains are the highest, its not always peak power.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA0ODE3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Gearhead Geek
05-23-2004, 02:00 PM
hrm, well, i'm gonna chime in and ask yet again, what're the material differences between this and the hondata IMG. i'm guessing they're not too much different, since the gains look pretty much about the same as a the hondata.
and nice numbers Mel, especially for havin the new motor and runnin on the SRI. :)

trk
05-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah, for real.... nice numbers....

what are your mods Mel?

oogy-boogy
05-23-2004, 04:57 PM
First up, thanks a ton to Phil. I must've spent 1/2 an hour trying to play with that damn software. :mad:

A big thanks out to Mr Fuji! :cool:

Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
hrm, well, i'm gonna chime in and ask yet again, what're the material differences between this and the hondata IMG. i'm guessing they're not too much different, since the gains look pretty much about the same as a the hondata.
and nice numbers Mel, especially for havin the new motor and runnin on the SRI. :)

Thanks Tim! I was very impressed even though I had swapped out the CAI for the SRI. I was hoping for 140's so I was more than happy :D . The motor only has ~1500 miles and performed like a champ!

As far as material, it seemed to be a harder plastic. I had the Hondata gasket (Honda decided to toss it when they replaced my block :mad: ) and the Nextgear def seemed stiffer. It's also red for those who like invisible bling ;).

Originally posted by trk
Yeah, for real.... nice numbers....

what are your mods Mel?

Thanks Trk :).

Mods are:
Injen SRI
Nextgear IMG
Hondata Reflash
HP 4-1 header
Megan Cat and Caspers 02 sim
ES motor mount inserts
Neuspeed Cat back exhaust
Nology Hot Wires

I'll have some pics and a write up tomorrow :)

PAPITUYO326
05-24-2004, 09:57 AM
sweet numbers man

might be considering this one over the hondata one now..

oogy-boogy
05-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Click here for the link to the write up! (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=38563) :D

Makross
05-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Hmm promising...

bigben21
05-25-2004, 03:59 PM
this is nuts man i was fixing to get a hondata gasket and found out about yours and guess what you live like 5 minutes walking didstance from my house. im sending you a email

SONIC SI
05-25-2004, 05:24 PM

Ditto, keep us posted.

02SilverSiHB
05-25-2004, 06:24 PM
on those dyno results...was that done on the same day?

oogy-boogy
05-26-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
on those dyno results...was that done on the same day?

Yupper. ~ 2 hours apart.