PDA

View Full Version : This kid blew up his ep the otherday

03SiBlack
05-19-2004, 03:38 PM
I was sitting with some friends and another ep pulls up he like downshifts i guess and i can hear it hitting the rev limiter i guess he was tryin to show off and poof he blew his engine. He had to get it towed to honda. Theirs some stupid people in this world

jaydub
05-19-2004, 03:38 PM
wow.

03SiBlack
05-19-2004, 03:42 PM
yea he got out and was like i dunno what happened man but o well its covered by honda. I doubt honda will cover it when they read his ecu

chubbychu
05-19-2004, 03:43 PM
he must have been on it for a long time

evilep3
05-19-2004, 03:51 PM
damned idiot.

if he is on the forum i hope he finds this thread and cries.:rolleyes:

Ep3 No.2
05-19-2004, 04:04 PM
knowing him he prolly rides the rev limiter.

fishboy
05-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
wow.

hahahaha jaydub cracks me up

hey i'm going to vegas june 4th-6th. maybe ill see you there. :)

jaydub
05-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
hahahaha jaydub cracks me up

hey i'm going to vegas june 4th-6th. maybe ill see you there. :)

wow dude bad timing, I'll be in hawaii! I know a bunch of other EP3ers would love to meet up though, just post in the Southwest forum.

oogy-boogy
05-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Damn...that just sucks...lol.

the JigGa mAn
05-19-2004, 04:53 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....stupid kid

Brettnyt
05-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
he must have been on it for a long time

Maybe he dropped in a gear too low for his speed... I did that but got lucky... I went from fuel cutoff in third to 2nd gear... I calculated it and it was somethin right around 10k RPM's, but I got back on the clutch SO fast after it jumped.

seattlecivic
05-19-2004, 05:55 PM
it sounds like he was constantly beating up his ride. Let this be a lesson to all you other guys who do that...oooO(me!)

iVtec si
05-19-2004, 06:02 PM
well it serves him right, abusing a pefectlly good EP like that damnit!

LMAO!! what a dumb ass:p

peace

k20hatch
05-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Daymn. I bet he feels dumb. Ive been trying to blow my rain ride up.

Zigen5
05-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Damn, our Eps are dying out.. :confused: :rolleyes: :(

dofu
05-19-2004, 07:07 PM
dammit :mad:... how come my n/a engine won't blow out like that? i want an excuse to justify swapping out this block to something better :D ... so do i have to literally ride the limiter??? :D :D :D

BuddyClubEP3
05-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey guys I think there is something wrong with the EP3's transmission because about 1 year ago when EP3 first came my brother and his friend went to Honda to test drive the car and the same thing happened. His friend down shifted to a lower gear and the transmission blew or the engine and they had to tow the car back to the dealership. So after hearing this I guess we should all be a little more gentle and careful with our transmission.

04rider
05-20-2004, 03:56 AM
Everybody blow up your Fucking Ep so that my Blue Book goes up.
"BLOW IT UP MUTHA FUCKA, BLOW IT UP"-Crunk RDM(Ricer domestic market)remix by Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz Feat 04Rider.:cool:

k20hatch
05-20-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by 04rider
Everybody blow up your Fucking Ep so that my Blue Book goes up.
"BLOW IT UP MUTHA FUCKA, BLOW IT UP"-Crunk RDM(Ricer domestic market)remix by Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz Feat 04Rider.:cool:

:'(

Laz's EP
05-20-2004, 06:31 AM
The same thing happened here with a guy that had a S2000.
He was trying to see how fast he could go in 4th gear. He held it there for a while hitting the rev limiter for a long time, when he got to Honda they made him pay like $10,000. The idiot told the service advisor what he did. Ok no warranty :yellm:

evilep3
05-20-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Laz's EP
The same thing happened here with a guy that had a S2000.
He was trying to see how fast he could go in 4th gear. He held it there for a while hitting the rev limiter for a long time, when he got to Honda they made him pay like $10,000. The idiot told the service advisor what he did. Ok no warranty :yellm: wow you'd have to be smart one to pull that off. haha

BlairSpeed
05-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Have you guys ever watched an engine blow? Its pretty cool! My friend had an 88 Celica, it was a POS and it was about to throw a rod, so we drove it on its last leg to this empty parking lot, popped the hood and threw a brick on the gas pedal. Made some Margaritas, got some lawn chairs and watched. The engine probably bounced off the limiter for a few minutes then BOOM! Smoke, coolant, oil and metal flew out the bottom. The top of the engine caught fire and almost burned the whole car down. We had to close the hood to suffocate the fire. It was good times but left a huge mess of coolant and oil all over. The metal pieces left divits on the asphalt from hitting the ground so hard. :cool:

evilep3
05-20-2004, 08:30 AM
AWSOME!:cool:

must have been bored.

Ep3 No.2
05-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
Have you guys ever watched an engine blow? Its pretty cool! My friend had an 88 Celica, it was a POS and it was about to throw a rod, so we drove it on its last leg to this empty parking lot, popped the hood and threw a brick on the gas pedal. Made some Margaritas, got some lawn chairs and watched. The engine probably bounced off the limiter for a few minutes then BOOM! Smoke, coolant, oil and metal flew out the bottom. The top of the engine caught fire and almost burned the whole car down. We had to close the hood to suffocate the fire. It was good times but left a huge mess of coolant and oil all over. The metal pieces left divits on the asphalt from hitting the ground so hard. :cool:

lol where do u guys come up with these kind of things.

BlairSpeed
05-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Well, we were bored, his car WAS going to blow very soon, so what else do you do? We had Ecology auto wrecking on its way to pick up the car and they didnt care if the engine was running or not. They offered us $100 for the car "as is" so we just were like "F@#K it, lets blow it up!" It was good for an hour of fun. What can I say, were easily entertained. http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/shrug03.gifhttp://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/flame.gif

onEswEEtEp3
05-20-2004, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlairSpeed
Have you guys ever watched an engine blow? Its pretty cool! My friend had an 88 Celica, it was a POS and it was about to throw a rod, so we drove it on its last leg to this empty parking lot, popped the hood and threw a brick on the gas pedal. Made some Margaritas, got some lawn chairs and watched. The engine probably bounced off the limiter for a few minutes then BOOM! Smoke, coolant, oil and metal flew out the bottom. The top of the engine caught fire and almost burned the whole car down. We had to close the hood to suffocate the fire. It was good times but left a huge mess of coolant and oil all over. The metal pieces left divits on the asphalt from hitting the ground so hard. :cool: ROFLMAO!!!:D

Mugen Power
05-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Haha, that reminds me of the video of the guys trying to blow up the motor of an old FC.

DarkSiRacer
05-20-2004, 09:47 AM
What a smart guy... not. I wanna say I hope he learned his lesson but I bet he didn't.

The S2000 guy was an idiot but at least he's an honest idiot.

NemesisITR
05-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Maybe he dropped in a gear too low for his speed... I did that but got lucky... I went from fuel cutoff in third to 2nd gear... I calculated it and it was somethin right around 10k RPM's, but I got back on the clutch SO fast after it jumped.

That happened to me a couple of times. Spun the motor to 10k and 12.5k:D

smilla0
05-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by BlairSpeed
Well, we were bored, his car WAS going to blow very soon, so what else do you do? We had Ecology auto wrecking on its way to pick up the car and they didnt care if the engine was running or not. They offered us $100 for the car "as is" so we just were like "F@#K it, lets blow it up!" It was good for an hour of fun. What can I say, were easily entertained.

What did they say when they came and the car was smouldering?

Grookes
05-20-2004, 01:23 PM
And no video of it!? What a waste. I'd love to have seen that.