PDA

View Full Version : new tranny, new clutch

ToingToing
05-20-2004, 11:55 AM
alrite so im happy. i took my car to the dealer on 5/10/04 coz it was grinding from 2nd to 3rd when shifting at high rpms and the clutch was making a creaking noise and i got it back last tuesday (5/18/04). they replaced my messed up tranny and my clutch for a brand spankin new one. and how much did it cost for everything? uhhh $2880.19 with the labor. and how much did i pay? uhhh, i paid NOTHING. my warranty covered it. anyway, im out. i was just sharing my story and i hope your dealer is taking good care of you all. peace

Tenacious G
05-20-2004, 12:01 PM
good to hear you got taken care of

mrsoul55
05-20-2004, 12:11 PM
My clutch has been creaking for a while now. The dealer said it needed to be lubricated so they did that and said everything was great. Of course, I get in the car at the dealer to drive away and it was still creaking. I didn't have time to go back in so I'll take it back to them in a while. I think a creaking clutch has been a problem with these cars and remember something about a TSB being released about it.

GCheung55
05-20-2004, 12:28 PM
There is a TSB. I think it's TSB #02-002 Check alldata.com for TSB's. I also brought my car in for the clutch pedal and the tranny crunch from 2-3. They said they replaced a ball joint on the shift lever(not sure if that's what they replaced) and the shifting is a little tighter but I can still feel a slight grind. I have to bring my car back next week to have them change the master cylinder to stop the squeakin from the cutch pedal. They had no parts avail. So hopefully by then the crunch will come back and I can give them hell!

toda_power
05-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by project: JDMEP3
alrite so im happy. i took my car to the dealer on 5/10/04 coz it was grinding from 2nd to 3rd when shifting at high rpms and the clutch was making a creaking noise and i got it back last tuesday (5/18/04). they replaced my messed up tranny and my clutch for a brand spankin new one. and how much did it cost for everything? uhhh $2880.19 with the labor. and how much did i pay? uhhh, i paid NOTHING. my warranty covered it. anyway, im out. i was just sharing my story and i hope your dealer is taking good care of you all. peace

which dealership did u go to?

ToingToing
05-20-2004, 09:00 PM
i went to Vista Honda here in Ventura, CA. they were gonna replace the broken parts, but then it would take a while, so they called up Honda America to just send them new tranny and new clutch and Honda agreed, so yeah, i got some new stuffs :D .

STP03BlueSI
05-21-2004, 07:11 AM
damn..mine has been in 3 times. They state it is normal.. I guess i will take it in again, with the Titainum knob...maybe NOW they will feel it.:)

toda_power
05-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by project: JDMEP3
i went to Vista Honda here in Ventura, CA. they were gonna replace the broken parts, but then it would take a while, so they called up Honda America to just send them new tranny and new clutch and Honda agreed, so yeah, i got some new stuffs :D .

u lucky ass! haha...i will probably stop by there to check it out.

ToingToing
05-22-2004, 12:59 AM
yeah man, you should go visit them some time. talk to this guy named mike carillo. he's the one who took care of me. he's a super nice guy.

STP03BlueSI
05-22-2004, 05:56 AM
All I seem to deal with or end up with are the fuckin weird lookin people or the woman that sounds like a man.:confused: