PDA

View Full Version : How low can your full coilovers go?

Soon2beEP3
05-20-2004, 04:13 PM
How low can your coilovers go? Or how low are they set if they're not adjustable? Thanxalot.

greenguy
05-21-2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Soon2beEP3
How low can your coilovers go? Or how low are they set if they're not adjustable? Thanxalot.
be sure to use the manufactures sugested setting range. nothing more/nothing less.

Soon2beEP3
05-21-2004, 03:00 PM
I need to know, so I can lower it just to show the car off, say on a Friday or Saturday night. I'm going back to 15" and I think it would look goofy lowered w/ just Eibach pro-kit. So I want a suspension that will lower up to 2.5 or 3" in the front.

jaydub
05-21-2004, 03:47 PM
The overall tire diameter won't be any different with stock wheels, so why would it look strange? :confused:

Si4U2NV
05-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Soon2beEP3
I need to know, so I can lower it just to show the car off, say on a Friday or Saturday night. I'm going back to 15" and I think it would look goofy lowered w/ just Eibach pro-kit. So I want a suspension that will lower up to 2.5 or 3" in the front.

i believe ground controls will allow you to drop 3 inches...

Or how low are they set if they're not adjustable?

correct me if im wrong but if theyre not adjustable theyre not coilovers, theyre springs.

-Mike

Soon2beEP3
05-22-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
The overall tire diameter won't be any different with stock wheels, so why would it look strange? :confused:

15" rims look funny on an Ep to me, unless it's lowered about 2 inches.

Soon2beEP3
05-22-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
i believe ground controls will allow you to drop 3 inches...

correct me if im wrong but if theyre not adjustable theyre not coilovers, theyre springs.

-Mike

I want something like tein, kw, or jic.

Mugens coilovers are not adjustable.

zeroz52
05-22-2004, 06:39 AM
I just put on my d2 coilovers recently. I had never owned full coilovers before so I set the rings to halfway up the strut to be "safe". When I got the wheels back on, the shit was tucked, I had to put some wood under the tires just to get the jack out. Right now I have them set to approx. 1.5 finger gap all around. That will change some when it stops fucking raining around here. Hope this helps some.

kpjumper
05-22-2004, 12:05 PM
hey zero.....how low can d2 coilovers go?? i just had mine installed and it only looks like the back can go down about 1 - 1.5 inches....is this right?? the guy said that he put the perch all the way down but it only lowers the back about 1- 1.5 inches or so.....