PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hoods

DarkSiRacer
05-20-2004, 04:54 PM
I want to buy a CF hood but the price difference between VIS and other brand is pretty big. Also the availability. I can get the other kind same day the other could take 1-2 weeks or more. The hood is gonna be exposed to the elements and regular wear. Should I get the other brand ?

johnnydanger
05-20-2004, 05:27 PM
i've had my vis oem hood for a year. i clean it regularly and wax it every month... no fading, no scratches, no nothing... you take care of it and it will last as long as factory... :D

oldschoolimport
05-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by johnnydanger
i've had my vis oem hood for a year. i clean it regularly and wax it every month... no fading, no scratches, no nothing... you take care of it and it will last as long as factory... :D but no one else has a mobile detail shop in the back of their ep.:D

johnnydanger
05-20-2004, 05:44 PM
hey wut can i say, i'm friggin ANAL about my car... ;)

btw, i'm now on honda-acura.net

Vertigo
05-20-2004, 06:32 PM
I still hope your keeping my hood clean Johnny.:D

Ep3 No.2
05-20-2004, 06:48 PM
if u have the cash i say go with fiber images.
but i my self have both vis, and fiber images pieces and imo the fiber images is a much better build and quality. too bad they dont make my mugen hood or spoiler =O(. but none the less its OK.

my hood is cracking near the vents (still brand new)
and the build quality on the mugen spoiler is a 2 piece mold so u can see the seams =O(

DarkSiRacer
05-20-2004, 07:08 PM
I mean I'll take care of it and wax it and all of that stuff so i figure i should be fine with the other brand. Anyone got some comparison pics of Vis and any another kind of CF?

Tnhatch03
05-20-2004, 10:07 PM
ROFLMFAO @ JOHN.....i just now saw this....

Ep3 No.2
05-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by DarkSiRacer
I mean I'll take care of it and wax it and all of that stuff so i figure i should be fine with the other brand. Anyone got some comparison pics of Vis and any another kind of CF?

ill take pix later today after i clean my car.

DarkSiRacer
05-21-2004, 12:49 PM
thanx Ep3 no.2

Ep3 No.2
05-21-2004, 01:03 PM
heres the pictures

#1 Vis Mugen Style Carbon Fiber hood.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDAyNjcyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
Notice the crack and white specks (like air bubles) in resin.

#2 Vis Mugen Style Carbon Fiber Spoiler
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDAyNjczNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
Notice the white specks again, and the seam from the mold.

#3 Fiber Images Driver side Side Skirt
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDAyNjc0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
Note this was the worst of the 3 pieces i own. on upper right corner impurity on fiber(the line.)

imo from personal reffrence id go with fiber images. nothing wrong with it =O). go check out there website they got pix and vids of how strong there hoods are.
hope that helps you out bro.

DarkSiRacer
05-21-2004, 02:02 PM
thanx, thats cleaner than the other brand I saw, the color is rich and so is the price

Ep3 No.2
05-21-2004, 02:13 PM
no prob bro,
good luck shopping

WrathOfAZSI
05-21-2004, 02:36 PM
I'd also go with the Fiber Images. My VIS Hood's latch is about 1cm too short, and doesn't lock properly. I can't just drop my hood, but instead push into the it and bend it until I hear the latch click. Sure, it was cheaper, but now I have hairline cracks from having to shut it. My $.02

IIx 03 EP xII
05-21-2004, 08:55 PM
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/10/DF/33290512-8b78-02000180-.jpg

this is MY pic of my fiber images sideskirt. that pic looks really yellow... but its just the light in my garage, it is still perfect looking as the day i got it. i wax it as regularly as i can to make sure it shines and wont fade or anything. fiber images is top quality, which reflects in their prices. all of their stuff is handmade, and it isnt made and shipped out to stores, you have to wait for it to be made after you order it... so it is literally brand new. there arent too many people on ephatch that have a fiber images hood. just one more pic: haha

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/11/DF/33290513-9179-02000180-.jpg

DarkSiRacer
05-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanx guys, fiberimages is pretty nice. Anyone know how much does it cost to get one of their CF hoods

Peking
05-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
if u have the cash i say go with fiber images.
but i my self have both vis, and fiber images pieces and imo the fiber images is a much better build and quality. too bad they dont make my mugen hood or spoiler =O(. but none the less its OK.

my hood is cracking near the vents (still brand new)
and the build quality on the mugen spoiler is a 2 piece mold so u can see the seams =O(

Yeah me too :( We had a thread on this a couple weeks back where Showstoppers commented on it. Still looks great when you ain't up close and during the day :D

DarkSiRacer
05-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Most of the CF i've seen from all brands look good... just dont stare at them long and hard and you'll be fine