PDA

View Full Version : Koni Shocks

TEKBRAIN
10-21-2002, 10:15 PM
What is the code for the Si? EP1, EP2 or EP3?

Civic Coup

Suk02Si
10-21-2002, 11:08 PM
I believe its EP3

IceD out N CALI
10-21-2002, 11:21 PM
yup the 2002 si, and the type r have the ep3 chassis code

ColinCivicSiR
10-22-2002, 12:20 AM
The type R shocks will not fit our car. The strut body is a different diameter. Koni does not make a shock "SPECIFICALLY" for our car the coupe shocks are the same diameter for the strut in the front as ours. The rears for the coupe will fit but they actually have a slightly higher spring mount from stock.

I have the Koni's on my car and they work great, I did blow a couple in the beginning but this hasn't happend since. You might call the Koni technical line, they will be able to tell you if the type R rears will fit.

I am thinking of going with the RSX-s strut bodies for next year and the type R shocks. The RSX-s has the same diameter struts as the Civic Type R so you could try this if you know someone at an Acura dealer that can get you blown struts to cut, I do and might try this for next years Autocross season as I don't think the valving on the coupe shocks is quite right for our cars.

02SilverSiHB
10-22-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by ColinCivicSiR
The type R shocks will not fit our car. The strut body is a different diameter. Koni does not make a shock "SPECIFICALLY" for our car the coupe shocks are the same diameter for the strut in the front as ours. The rears for the coupe will fit but they actually have a slightly higher spring mount from stock.

I have the Koni's on my car and they work great, I did blow a couple in the beginning but this hasn't happend since. You might call the Koni technical line, they will be able to tell you if the type R rears will fit.

I am thinking of going with the RSX-s strut bodies for next year and the type R shocks. The RSX-s has the same diameter struts as the Civic Type R so you could try this if you know someone at an Acura dealer that can get you blown struts to cut, I do and might try this for next years Autocross season as I don't think the valving on the coupe shocks is quite right for our cars.
whoa. that sucks. So when you say the strut bodies from the rsx-s, you are saying the strut assembly that also has the part where the steering rod bolts into? sounds expensive. Koni, Tokico and other companies need to make a full replacement shock for us. I'm not into cutting, especially after hearing your problems with blown struts. I don't have that kind of time to mess with