PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for my Buddy Club Front Bumper COver

2k2SiAutoXer
10-22-2002, 05:40 AM
Good things come out of everything, right? Well since I smashed up my EP, I made an agreement with the body shop to put on the Buddy Club front bumper cover, all I would pay is the difference in cost between the stock one and the buddy club one. Labor would be included in the original estimate. I am so excited, no I just have to save up for the rest of the kit. Does anyone know an Individual on this site who has done the buddy club kit on an US Si?
thanks
---Tom

02SilverSiHB
10-22-2002, 06:24 AM
you're probably going to be the first to do it. But you're only getting the front bumper and not the skirts or rear. isn't that going to look kinda.....weird

HK_EP3
10-22-2002, 02:06 PM
when u getting it? got the exact date? post som pics:)

IceD out N CALI
10-22-2002, 02:35 PM
lucky bastard

2k2SiAutoXer
10-22-2002, 07:40 PM
yesyes, it will look wierd. but when you are on a budget it will look just fine. The only problem is I just got a full nose bra and not since Im getting the bumper, it wont fit. Oh well. ETA on the bumper is 2-3 weeks and one fore for the install. I will keep you all posted!
--Tom

66elwood99
10-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
yesyes, it will look wierd. but when you are on a budget it will look just fine. The only problem is I just got a full nose bra and not since Im getting the bumper, it wont fit. Oh well. ETA on the bumper is 2-3 weeks and one fore for the install. I will keep you all posted!
--Tom

I'm in the same situation, I have some damage on my front corner that I am able to keep hidden with the bra at this time. PLEASE post pixs of your ride with only yhe front done. I was thinkin of doing the same if it looks alright or I'll have to come up with the extra cash and get the whole kit. :D

2k2SiAutoXer
10-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Im just waiting for DTH to hook me up and then its up to the body shop as to when it gets done. I really hope it dosent look too cheap or ricey without the rest of the kit, mainly the skirts. I did do a little photochopping and tried to see what the car would look like with only the front bumper cover and its not too bad. It just makes it look even highter off the ground on the sides.
--Tom

02SilverSiHB
10-23-2002, 06:05 AM
yeah, I guess it's hard to come up with the money for the whole kit, plus you are getting a deal with the install and paint.
Post pics when you get a chance in like 3-4 weeks

CleanBlackSi02
10-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Sounds like a bad idea to me. Granted it's one of the better times to do a modification like that, but personally, I'd wait. A new bumper (especially one that looks that radical) will look entirely out of place. I'll still be interested to see it though!

2k2SiAutoXer
10-23-2002, 02:58 PM
im confused, what are you not too hot about, the choice of the bumper or the time to do it?
--Tom

CleanBlackSi02
10-23-2002, 03:02 PM
It's a good time to do it 'cuz you smashed up your front end. However, it's a pretty radical looking front end, and it will probably look very out of place without the rest of the kit. Personally, I don't like the Buddy Club kit, but it's palatable as a whole. As always, looks are subjective... ;)

fatboyhatch
10-23-2002, 04:37 PM
go to fizzautosports.com and check out an actual buddy club kit from japan, its pretty freggin expensive though the front cost like 700 alone, but they have some other cool ass stuff on that website as well.

IceD out N CALI
10-23-2002, 04:49 PM
another option would be to get the jdm bumper and put the lip kit on it

DownTheHatch
11-01-2002, 11:36 AM
AutoX, did you get my PM?

Shipping is going to be outrageous right now to ship the front bumper. I was quoted a price from Buddy Club at around $1000 shipped.

If you're willing to pay this we can go ahead and have it shipped.

I'll send this to your PM as well.