PDA

View Full Version : CTR Rear Sway

seattlecivic
05-22-2004, 12:47 PM
I installed my 22mm CTR rear sway yesterday from the stock 15mm one. Daayam. I love it :-) If you guys don't have this changed out and have your 15mm... do this right away, cause you can't go wrong for 100+ bucks...

t-rex
05-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Where'd you get it, man? I want to do this mod too, but I don't know where everyone buys them. Thanks!

BTW, I thought stock was 19mm?

imlou
05-22-2004, 04:46 PM
no stock 02-03 is 15, 04's r 17mm.

seattlecivic
05-22-2004, 04:50 PM
no stock 02-03 is 15, 04's r 17mm.

What he just said... the 19mm one is from the RSX-S.

Can you belive the 02-03 just has a thin 15mm? :-) Its cool the 04's have improved by 2mm which does make a difference, but with the 22mm rear sway its night and day.

Let me check where I got it from... forgot the website, but if you check the vender section they have a sell going on for $100 shipped! :-)

I got mine for $115 shipped.

Oh yeah, by the way. If your wondering the difficulty... even this guy can do it! -------->:m:

t-rex
05-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks. Why did you pay $115 shipped, when you could have bought it for $100 shipped? Anyway, your setup is just what I want to do...Tein basics and CTR rear sway. I haven't touched the suspension yet, so I can't wait! Can you give some more details on the before and after driving experience? :D ;)

seattlecivic
05-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Let's just say that you have TOTAL control of the car even flying around corners super fast. It's awesome. LoL

I don't reccomend you doing it though... I mean, its better to stay safe... you should do it in safe areas.. :angel:

Oh yeah, I bought mine a day before that vender posted it... :(

I think they deleted the thread and the sale is over.

GO HERE to get the CTR rear sway... Its where I got mine. Very fast shipping.

http://www.polepositionproducts.com/jdmhonda/ep.htm

MediumRare
05-22-2004, 11:11 PM
god. i have email them for 5 ~6 times within two weeks, and no one reply my email. so actually when did u place ur order?! thx

oldschoolimport
05-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by MediumRare
god. i have email them for 5 ~6 times within two weeks, and no one reply my email. so actually when did u place ur order?! thx it is my experience, if someone wont return emails BEFORE they get your money, they sure as hell wont AFTER they get your money. find someone else!

seattlecivic
05-23-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by MediumRare
god. i have email them for 5 ~6 times within two weeks, and no one reply my email. so actually when did u place ur order?! thx

So you tried to e-mail pole position? You shoudln't have to worry. They will still e-mail you and then give you a tracking #.

jimmyjames
05-23-2004, 11:39 AM
greg, hondawerx, was selling some for 100 shipped, did mine two weeks ago. Definately worth it. Makes for a nice tight ass on the Si.

seattlecivic
05-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah, Hondawerx was the one that sold it for $100 shipped right after I already bought mine.... I belive that the price went back up. You should still check it out.

oldschoolimport
05-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jimmyjames
greg, hondawerx, was selling some for 100 shipped, did mine two weeks ago. Definately worth it. Makes for a nice tight ass on the Si. you got mine. I am waiting on a drop shipment.:(

t-rex
05-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey seattlecivic, I wanted to ask you: does the bar come with the bushing brackets, or do you just use the stock brackets?

I was thinking of going with some energy suspension bushings, but they don't come with the bracket.

If you could post up some pics of your bar installed, that'd be cool. Thanks ;)

seattlecivic
05-24-2004, 12:06 PM
They do come with the busings. The bushings themselves have the size number of the bar. So your stock would say 15mm... it can't be used for the 22mm... it just doesn't fit :)

The answer to your questions is... "Yes" They come with the bushings.

I won't be able to post pics right now... I have to be at work in a few minutes!! Gotta go!

:D

t-rex
05-24-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks, but I'm actually referring to the mounting brackets that cover the bushings...does it come with those? Thanks again :D

t-rex
05-24-2004, 12:12 PM
oops! double post

seattlecivic
05-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by t-rex
Thanks, but I'm actually referring to the mounting brackets that cover the bushings...does it come with those? Thanks again :D

No, you can use the stock ones :-)

Btrthnezr3
05-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by t-rex
Hey seattlecivic, I wanted to ask you: does the bar come with the bushing brackets, or do you just use the stock brackets?

I was thinking of going with some energy suspension bushings, but they don't come with the bracket.

If you could post up some pics of your bar installed, that'd be cool. Thanks ;)

Hey T-Rex...just to let you know, if you order Energy Suspension Bushings from SummitRacing.com, they do come with brackets...they come with everything you need including washers and grease.
Here's the link to my review with pictures...

Link for CTR Rear Sway Review (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=37921&highlight=sway)

Good Luck, and if you have any questions...lemme know. I'd be glad to help.

t-rex
05-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Hey, thanks a lot, Btrthnezr3. Do you know the part number for the ES bushings, because I called Energy Suspension today to get a part number for 22mm bushings. And the guy gave me a part number, but told me they didn't come with the brackets.

EDIT: I re-read your post and saw the part number :rolleyes: :o :D

Is that part number for a single bushing or for the set of two?

ToingToing
05-25-2004, 01:38 AM
for a $100, it was a damn great mod. i got mine 2 weeks ago from hondawerx.com, thanks greg. it took me about an hour coz the first time i did it, i installed it backwards and the rear was all high. so i checked the bottom, the sway bar was touching the control arm bar or whatever you call it. so i removed it, and installed it back again. oh, mine came with the ctr bushings also . :D .

i used to drive this twisty road for around 65mph with my stock sway bar, and now with my ctr sway bar, i'd drive as fast as 90mph. its great. and oh, the speed limit is 45mph. :D ok im out before you tell the police.

seattlecivic
05-25-2004, 01:59 AM
I know, its so great :-)