PDA

View Full Version : honda puked

denmah
05-22-2004, 04:22 PM
hey i woke up today and was on my way to get some gas and i notice my temp gauge is at halfway, (wich is higher than its ever gone on my civic) so im paying close attention to it and keeping the rpm's low. anyway i get like halfway to the gas station and the damn thing rockets to over hot.

so its like aww shit i pull over and i let it cool off. and im only like 1mile from the gas station and 200yards from my friends house... so i wait a bit and start it and get to my friends house. i start pouring water into the radiator and its running out just as fast as its running in...

so sucks for me eh?
i gotta call honda monday.

Civicvtec1ps
05-22-2004, 04:34 PM
You car is missing JRSC.
:(

VIZHUNZ02SI
05-22-2004, 04:42 PM
dam sounds like you got a big leak

denmah
05-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
You car is missing JRSC.
:(

yeah i bet she is pissed. lol ill have to order a turbo or something to make it up to her... (im sorry girl)

weltall
05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
could be a thermostat

seems that since it was just over flowing it wasnt opening run your motor then add coolant
top it of then wait for the water line to drop if it does get a leak check done asap

ps ive seen many a honda motor come to an untimley end do to cooling probs

DavidT
05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Hope it's a cooling problem and not a mechanical related prob. Good luck to ya.

Black 02 SI
05-22-2004, 09:50 PM
hmm, def wasnt leakin when we got done with it. weird

Ura
05-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear that bro.
I know the feeling. My baby blew her rad at 1500km on the way to Spokane. Absolutely sucked. Just had to buy a whole bunch of coolant for the trip there and back, filled her up every hour or two. As soon as the temp gauge got too high.
Then I went and yelled at Honda the following monday.:D

denmah
05-22-2004, 10:56 PM
it seems to be running out of the bottom corner of the rad. just as fast as i can pour it in.

SF-SI-02
05-23-2004, 06:39 AM
I blew a HUGE hole in my audi's radiator. And let me tell you european cars are rediculous to fix. At the time I was in highschool, and willing to try any cheap fix. I tried silicone, caulk, epoxy, of course these all failed. Then the hardware store told me about JD weld link (http://www.jbweld.net/coldweld.html) I covered a 2 ince gaper with two coats of this stuff, and the radiator worked better than ever. If you have to replace the radiator at your expense, just try this, I promise you won't regret it!

02SilverSiHB
05-23-2004, 06:27 PM
maybe you didn't connect something when you took the jrsc off, and caused a leak of the coolant

denmah
05-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
maybe you didn't connect something when you took the jrsc off, and caused a leak of the coolant

not to be rude... BUT WHAT? lol

the only coolant lines you have to disconnect is the lines running into the throttle body. and i didnt even do that this time we just pushed the throttle body to the side on both cars.

its running out the bottom left corner of the rad, just pouring out.