PDA

View Full Version : Headlight harnesses? **how do i use them?**

chubbychu
05-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey lighting guru's i need help. i ordered some "headlight wiring harnesses"

but they look different than the ones on k-series.com (for the headlight diy)

http://www.k-series.com/Images/Tech/BRIGHTER_LIGHTS/BRIGHTER_LIGHTS-1.jpg

instead of that jumbled mess of wiring...

all i got was this...
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA0MjkzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

my question is...WTF do i do to install this? and WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED "heavy duty" when it looks exactly the same as the stock harness....

do i splice into the stock harness? or do i have to ground these into the chassis somehow or what?! anyways thanks!

chubbychu
05-23-2004, 08:20 AM
someone please?

SF-SI-02
05-23-2004, 07:22 PM
I can't see what you are holding, but it looks like an h4 female plug with leads in each socket. Unfortunetly, that is not a harness. A real harness would have relay's and serves to connect the battery directly to the lights, instead of going through the car's electrical system. I fear you may have been ripped off. I swear by suvlights.com harness's I was an earlier adapter, and recommend it to everyone. When you use the harness, you have about 15-30% brighter lights. Then, if you want, you can accomodate high wattage bulbs (90Watt+) and the light output is SICK. Not HID, but then again, no glare issues... long story short, do yourself a favor and buy the harness from a professionsal, should cost about $60...

chubbychu
05-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by SF-SI-02
I can't see what you are holding, but it looks like an h4 female plug with leads in each socket. Unfortunetly, that is not a harness. A real harness would have relay's and serves to connect the battery directly to the lights, instead of going through the car's electrical system. I fear you may have been ripped off. I swear by suvlights.com harness's I was an earlier adapter, and recommend it to everyone. When you use the harness, you have about 15-30% brighter lights. Then, if you want, you can accomodate high wattage bulbs (90Watt+) and the light output is SICK. Not HID, but then again, no glare issues... long story short, do yourself a favor and buy the harness from a professionsal, should cost about $60...

BUMMMMMMER! so WTF did i buy?

chubbychu
05-23-2004, 11:12 PM
okay...well, if not brighter, is there a "durability" factor in these harnesses that i paid 20 bucks for?

oogy-boogy
05-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Hmmm...I have the upgraded harnesses from that SUV store as well. mine included all the relays and wiring. Looks nothing like what's in your pic.:confused: