PDA

View Full Version : Bar-Honda 2nd at Monaco

Low Rider
05-23-2004, 06:32 AM
Congratulations to Jenson Button and Bar-Honda!!!

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA0NDcwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

:D

Kobayashi
05-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Honda will dominate the F-1, GP, and JGTC worlds.

Muahahahah.

Lucid Moments
05-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Kobayashi
Honda will dominate the F-1, GP, and JGTC worlds.

Muahahahah.

Maybe the GP and JGTC, I don't know, cause I don't follow them, but unless Honda Hires Michael away from Ferrari they don't have a chance to dominate F-1.

Burgh
05-24-2004, 07:08 AM
Maybe that sentence should read... "OTHER THAN FERRARI, Honda will dominate the rest of F1!" :) Actually, the Renault F1 team has been nails this year too.

Sato and Button, IMO could've both made it to the podium yesterday if Sato's car hadn't grenaded, ugh! :yellm:

enecks
05-24-2004, 09:57 AM
well, as long as we're talking counterfactuals, shouldn't we add that michael would've won if he hadn't done that daft braking in the tunnel and been hit by montoya...why he thought that would be a good idea, we may never know...

Donegan
05-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by mlkelley68
Maybe the GP and JGTC, I don't know, cause I don't follow them, but unless Honda Hires Michael away from Ferrari they don't have a chance to dominate F-1.

I threw that in to add more to the list. Ahah.

I don't follow the F-1 series as much as the others, but the yellow Mugen F-1 is beautiful in person.

Burgh
05-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by enecks
well, as long as we're talking counterfactuals, shouldn't we add that michael would've won if he hadn't done that daft braking in the tunnel and been hit by montoya...why he thought that would be a good idea, we may never know...

Actually, Trulli was done with all his pitstops by then and would've almost certainly held on to win the race over Michael. Schu was running 1st at the time but he hadn't pitted yet. He may have made the podium but I don't think he would've won.

As for what happened in the tunnel, it's really unclear. Button made the good point after the race that when you're going slow through the tunnel, you don't have much grip b/c you don't have the aerodynamics helping you out (like it does when they're normally going through the tunnel at 160+mph. Looked like Schu was trying to warm up his brakes and/or tires and Montoya was just too close behind him to react in time. I don't think it's anyone's fault actually.

Low Rider
05-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Burgh
Actually, Trulli was done with all his pitstops by then and would've almost certainly held on to win the race over Michael. Schu was running 1st at the time but he hadn't pitted yet. He may have made the podium but I don't think he would've won.

As for what happened in the tunnel, it's really unclear. Button made the good point after the race that when you're going slow through the tunnel, you don't have much grip b/c you don't have the aerodynamics helping you out (like it does when they're normally going through the tunnel at 160+mph. Looked like Schu was trying to warm up his brakes and/or tires and Montoya was just too close behind him to react in time. I don't think it's anyone's fault actually.

Well I don't know... doing a brake test in the tunnel at Monaco while running behind the safety car seems pretty stupid to me. Just goes to show ya: even the best can make mistakes! ;)

03silverEP
05-27-2004, 11:43 AM
carbon fiber brakes take some heat to warm up, and MS & JPM are two of the best (active) drivers in the world right now, JPM could have paid attention....