PDA

View Full Version : something that you might all want to check on. . .

ortedd
10-22-2002, 07:38 PM
Well this Sunday i ran in an autocross, and when i went to remove my spare tire i noticed that the little well was full of water. I think that the tail lights are leaking because there was some condensation in the lenses and the carpet wasn't wet, but there was a 1/4 of an inch of water in the tire well. So it is off to the dealer so that the car doesn't rust prematurely. . .

02blksi
10-22-2002, 07:46 PM
im gonna check ASAP! BTW any pics of the event last weekend? how did you end up doing? --joe

1fastminivan
10-22-2002, 11:20 PM
whoa I gotta check mine now!! I use to have this problem on my 2000 hatchback. Thats odd. I wonder why?? I could never figure out where it came from and by the time I discovered it on my old hatch I had ran out of warranty.

Jpax
10-23-2002, 02:12 AM
I haven't had that problem yet.....I'll check it out when it rains, Oh wait its raining now!!!!

chunky
10-23-2002, 09:40 AM
usually water comes in around the tail light - so have the gasket behind the tail light checked to make sure it's seating properly.

LordKoo
10-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Thanks Chunky! I will be checking mine later!!!

2k2SiAutoXer
03-22-2003, 07:11 AM
I know this thread is old as hell but I just had my car checked out and it turned out to be water coming from the sunroof drain, yes the sunroof. Apparently the drain for the sunroof runs into the quaterpanel and it was leaking into the spare tire well.
---Tom

Mugen Power
03-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Dang, what did you do to fix this?

BTW, I think it's good that old threads are brought up like this cuz a lotta people weren't around back then and most likely aren't aware of things like this. :)

JDMEP3
03-22-2003, 10:33 AM
The same thing happened to my 2000 si I hope that it's not happenign again because I didn't notice it until one day I break really hard and a buch of water was now oin my back seat :'( I sure don't want that to happen again because that smell was nasty!

IceD out N CALI
03-22-2003, 11:06 AM
crazy--i better go check mine

JDMEP3
03-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Crap, I just checked mine and there was like 2 inches of water in there:'( I'm makin a call to honda.

StrangeShadow
03-22-2003, 03:51 PM
hmm.. I'll have to check mine, let us know what the honda dealer ppl tell you....

JDM_Si
03-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Mine was leaking in the trunk because Honda didn't seal the frame all that great. Water was kicking up from the rear passenger wheel and leaked through the frame. So I bought some RTV Silicone/Sealant from Pepboys and just put it everywhere I thought was a bad seal. It took awhile though because everytime I sealed one part, it would leaked from another.

2k2SiAutoXer
03-23-2003, 06:55 AM
i dont know how it was fixed, the honda techs tok care of it. Gotta love the warranty.

--Tom

StrangeShadow
03-23-2003, 07:15 PM
i dont know how it was fixed, the honda techs tok care of it. Gotta love the warranty.
cool, I need to check that, it just started raining here again,

IceD out N CALI
03-23-2003, 07:21 PM
jus checked mine-all dry:)

JDMEP3
03-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Hey guys and gals, I have now left my EP with honda for two days now. They finally found the problem. It was a small gap in the right rear fender well that wasn't completly welded closed therefor when driving in wet conditions water would kick up and spray water in the rear and seep into the spair tire well because it had no where else to go. I glad they found the problem but the sad thing is that the jack stand swong around and put a dent in the side of my right rear so now i'm out of my EP for another day until it is fixed and all painted....:'( I just want my car back...clean and fixed asap. Hopefully it will be all done tomorrow night.

JDMEP3
03-28-2003, 12:00 PM
I got my car back. Everything is fixed except for some minor problems that will be looked after in the next couple of days I hope that it will be done right. There are some grease finger prints here and there as well as some pieces that weren't snapped back into place and some minor scratches and the head liner isn't looking that swift. I'm not too happy but I know that they will fix it because the bottom line their Honda and the people at Honda look after you no matter what. I'll keep you posted on what happens next......the saga continues..;)

JDMEP3
03-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Oh ya and the carpet smells like paint tinner and has grease on it.:'( I'm not impressed:rolleyes:

JDMEP3
04-04-2003, 11:50 AM
OK here is the latest update...It's all fixed, but they have to order a couple of pieces for my car because they damaged the head liner as well a left rear panel on the interior. They will call me when it's in, thank goodness for warranty. They also shampooed my carpets and I have to go back to the body shop for some buffing work.

Peace Out,

JDMEP3
04-11-2003, 03:01 PM
You wouldn

raiyo
04-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Just checked mine, no problem here, hopefully it won't. (knocking on wood) There has been some light raining last few weeks and no problem. I'm running on the 03 model. For those who are having problems, is it the 02 or 03? Would help alot. =)

LordKoo
04-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Check previous messages... They are 02...