PDA

View Full Version : HID users

pHatSI07
05-23-2004, 07:51 PM
for all the people with HID kits in their cars, have you experienced any problems? i hear a lot about the lights melting things. Also what is the best HID kit for your money?

Civicvtec1ps
05-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Less poser draw for the same light.
HID produces 3200 lumens (D2S) from 35 watts (nominal), commander to 1000 lumens for a comparable 55w 9006 halogen light source.

HID shouldn't melt headlights housings.

www.Xenondepot.com
Aftermarket kits are now illegal in the United States.
I am planning to get HID anyways.
4300k kit.

EnJaNir
05-23-2004, 10:15 PM
hey jon hit me up some time..we should shoot the shit

Si_Gurl02
05-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Hey Phatsi07,

Are you the same jon that Im thinking of? Rose's boyfriend?

EnJaNir
05-24-2004, 08:28 AM
yes heather he is :D

DoMahMeGok
05-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by pHatSI07
for all the people with HID kits in their cars, have you experienced any problems? i hear a lot about the lights melting things. Also what is the best HID kit for your money?

no problems, i got mine for $300 without hibeams. With highbeams will cost an extra $100-200 I believe.

BlackHatcher
05-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by EnJaNir
yes heather he is :D

Actually Mike, that was me, Heather's computer wouldnt log out of her screen name so I couldnt sign on with mine. I had to delete all the cookies on computer to get her signed off but I didnt try that till later...

What's up Jon, Its me Joe, Heather's boyfriend. Ive gotten to talk to ya on the phone once or twice but hopefully we can all meet up sometime soon!

pHatSI07
05-24-2004, 02:26 PM
hi heather,
i'll hit you up sometime mike, u back from school?
but yea back to the HID question, any problems? anyone buy ones from ebay? are they good quality?

pHatSI07
05-24-2004, 02:27 PM
wussup joe, hows that starter button, i'm thinking of installing one in my car

EnJaNir
05-24-2004, 02:33 PM
done with school, graduated, and home now..stop by anytime.

remember that all add on HID is illegal for sale in the US. Just get some sylvania HID fogs (legal)

BlackHatcher
05-24-2004, 02:47 PM
The starter button is working out really well. No problems at all.

ViViDPeArL
05-25-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by DoMahMeGok
no problems, i got mine for $300 without hibeams. With highbeams will cost an extra $100-200 I believe.

He uses the same kit i use...no problems here...who needs high beams...my HIDs are bright enough...people will tell you BS like...well you wont pass inspection...if the DMV knows you have HID, you fail anyway...so screw it. no melting bulbs here...i know the damn things get hella hot though...

1fastminivan
05-25-2004, 12:48 PM
I currently have OEM HID ballasts with OEM D2S HID philips bulbs with Casper shields all of this plus misc. parts cost me 210 for my whole kit installed. I passed the Texas state inspection today but what I did was just install my stockie halogens for the test which took me literally 5min to switch back to halogen and passed the test then came home and reinstalled the HID bulbs.:D Oh this setup obviously has no Highbeams which dont matter to me anyways.;)

Mighty_Mouse
05-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 1fastminivan
I currently have OEM HID ballasts with OEM D2S HID philips bulbs with Casper shields all of this plus misc. parts cost me 210 for my whole kit installed. I passed the Texas state inspection today but what I did was just install my stockie halogens for the test which took me literally 5min to switch back to halogen and passed the test then came home and reinstalled the HID bulbs.:D Oh this setup obviously has no Highbeams which dont matter to me anyways.;)

Does your flash-to-pass still work with the HIDs? ie, if your headlights are turned off, can you flash them by pulling on the stalk a few times?

1fastminivan
05-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Yes if my lights are off I can still use them to "flash" people but they are not "highbeams" but they still flash.

Mighty_Mouse
05-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 1fastminivan
Yes if my lights are off I can still use them to "flash" people but they are not "highbeams" but they still flash.

Thanks. I didn't know if HIDs could flash, or if the warm-up period kept it from working.

SF-SI-02
05-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey, I heard casper makes a nasty beam pattern. Initially I thought I'll just buy HID and it'll be fine. Then the madness in my head started saying, that is not enough you need bi-xenon projectors to go with HID. I resolved these issues by doing nothing... so how is the beam with casper... is three glare, if so is it bad? Coulod you post a pic of your lights on a garage door or a wall?

Thanks!

1fastminivan
05-26-2004, 08:44 PM
I need someone to take pics with a digicam which I dont have. There was pics of my shields modified with extra "tip" shields for the reduction of glare. There is very minimal glare on my setup. It looks almost OEM like a Lexus IS300. My friend on here NemsisITR has an HID kit made by SPW and that has glare but not extremely annoying but glarey compared to mine. His is the hi/low kit which is pretty nice.:D The beam pattern is pretty much clean....just picture your stock beam pattern but alot brighter and cleaner looking and with my setup minimal glare. I am running the 4100k Philips D2S bulbs.