PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone figure out the cause...

sonic imperial
10-23-2002, 05:59 AM
of the stock suspension noise when making slow left turns? I didn't think I had the problem but recently I'm getting a bad whining sound, and some other weird sounds when turning left into a parking lot, etc. Doesn't sound good at all, just wondering if the dealer has a fix so when I take it in I can describe it correctly.

JSIR
10-24-2002, 07:55 PM
I just had my driver side strut/spring assembly replaced, hopefully cures the problem for good. But in typical dealer fare they have to try to lube the original part first. That eliminates the noise immediately, but it comes back within a month or so as the lubricant dries out. Then they agree to replace the spring/strut assembly, which should elminate the problem for good. It appears that there can be too much play/movement in some instances and the spring/strut assembly should be replaced with a new one. In some instances they have had to replace both strut/spring assemblies on the front - driver side and passenger side.

Just keep bugging the dealer until they get it done right.

hth.

02-sir
10-28-2002, 04:11 PM
Did they give you a hard time about the lowering springs?

JSIR
10-28-2002, 08:27 PM
no they installed the springs for me.

02-sir
10-29-2002, 10:43 AM
Nice. Not that the springs were the cause, but I can imagine some dealerships may argue that if you did the spring install yourself. Nice setup BTW, and from what you wrote it sounds like the pro-kits and RSX sway bar work well together. Can't wait to try this as well.

JSIR
10-29-2002, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah, the pro-kit springs and rsx-s rear sway bar make an amazing difference, this car now handles so awesomely. I can litterally take corners at any speed I want (within reason) and not have to do any braking beforehand, even on stock rubber. The handling limit of this car is astonishingly high.