PDA

View Full Version : A/C with Defroster?

Neophyte
05-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Hey Hey. Loooooooong time no post lol

I remember way back someone had posted the Key sequence to make it so when you used the defroster the A/C didn't automatically come on but was toggle-able.

Anyone remember this? The Ep loses way too much power when the A/C is on.

Btw, anyone else's Ep seem to fog up more than any car they've ever owned? lol

labelhunter
05-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Do a search paxie did a video long time back like two years ago. Umm if i remember correctly if you turn all knobs to the left and hold down the ac and the circulation buttons. turn the car on and wait till they are done flashing. then turn the car off. Sorry its been a while but i think thats it.

Pir8pete
05-24-2004, 07:57 PM
A/C OVERRIDE

1) Have the car turned off.

2) Turn the vent knob to off (All the way to the
left, counter clock-wise).

3) Turn the temperature knob to full blue (All the
way to the left, counter clock-wise).

5) Start the car and keep both air recirculation and
A/C button pressed.

6) Wait for air recirculation button to stop
flashing.

To turn the original feature back on, repeat all
steps, but for "STEP 2", turn the knob to full red (All the
way to the right, clock-wise).

mathman
05-24-2004, 08:05 PM
From the wayback machine!

It's probably good to revisit this topic, for the new members. I think it's sad that Honda didn't make it this way from the factory, but at least they gave us this loophole. Then again, it's sad (but probably true) that the average driver couldn't be trusted to figure out how to work it properly...

Mathman.

Neophyte
05-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Excellent! Thanks!

getch74
05-25-2004, 08:30 PM
I was wondering how the hell I could shut the ac light off. Thanks for the repost.

Sirone
05-26-2004, 07:49 PM
I just did that little dealio, and I've heard of this on the forums the past couple of months... But is there no way to completely defeat the AC activation at all? I.e. when you first turn it to defrost it turns on... Well now I have the choice to turn it off... But can I just have it not come on at all? Unless I push it.