PDA

View Full Version : Dropped the ep off at honda today

SubliminalSi
05-24-2004, 08:25 PM
Well i couldnt stand the squeak and clicking in my clutch anymore so i dropped it off this morning to get it looked at. A few hours later the guy i was dealing with at honda left me a message saying that there was some "new replacement parts" they needed to fix my problem. Im not sure what all they are going to do but i had to leave my car up there overnight, anyone have any idea what they are replacing?

edit: I did a search but couldnt really find an anwser so dont yell search! Im not a noob:confusem:

dj addicted
05-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Im really curious too since when I had this problem.. I took it in and they just relubed the clutch with lithium grease and that corrected the problem. If they are replacing parts on yours.. I would like to know what they are replacing.

ToingToing
05-24-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
Well i couldnt stand the squeak and clicking in my clutch anymore so i dropped it off this morning to get it looked at. A few hours later the guy i was dealing with at honda left me a message saying that there was some "new replacement parts" they needed to fix my problem. Im not sure what all they are going to do but i had to leave my car up there overnight, anyone have any idea what they are replacing?

edit: I did a search but couldnt really find an anwser so dont yell search! Im not a noob:confusem:

i got mine fixed the other week. i forgot what's wrong with the clutch but it was creaking also so they replaced it to a new one. now, the tranny, they said that the main gearings are all broken into pieces so they replaced my tranny to a new one.

ranivus
05-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Well i just got my car checked last week and they said i had to replace my tranny. and since its under warranty, its free.

It could be that but highly unlikely since they had to tell me that they were putting in a tranny in my car b4 they could order the part.

hehe thank god im getting a new tranny :)

kidXStreme
05-24-2004, 11:36 PM
so what do i have to tell honda???check my car for any kind of problem???check my clutch???tranny??? lol

mango-ep3
05-25-2004, 12:26 AM
I got some weird shifting going on in my ep too. :(
It's real sticky... Normally with proper revs in a car w/ manual the shifter kinda pops into the next gear by itself if you clutch correctly. I kinda have to yank it. It doesn't feel good either. I feel like I may be fuckin my tranny up bad-- It doesn't feel like a very solid pattern.I tried shifting/driving a few different ways but nothing to avail. Only 4k miles on it... What exactly did you tell honda was the problem... I want to get my tranny replaced while the beast is still under warranty :P Did you act clueless at the dealer? Did they test drive it?

VtecBio009
05-25-2004, 04:02 AM
same type of thing went on with the 02RSXs..mostly with the Type-S tho.

s10blazed
05-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by mango-ep3
I got some weird shifting going on in my ep too. :(
It's real sticky... Normally with proper revs in a car w/ manual the shifter kinda pops into the next gear by itself if you clutch correctly. I kinda have to yank it. It doesn't feel good either. I feel like I may be fuckin my tranny up bad-- It doesn't feel like a very solid pattern.I tried shifting/driving a few different ways but nothing to avail. Only 4k miles on it... What exactly did you tell honda was the problem... I want to get my tranny replaced while the beast is still under warranty :P Did you act clueless at the dealer? Did they test drive it?

Mine has been acting similar to this. When I first got it putting it into first at idle was smooth as silk. Now it seems I almost have to shove it into gear. I'm not a pro with a clutch but it seems to jerk alot more from a dead stop than it used to. On a few occasions I've also heard a whining noise as I released the clutch. Probably driver error on that but ???? It sounded similar to a tire squealing but coming from the engine bay. It wasn't the tires squealing either, I can tell the difference. ;) Haven't even hit 4300 miles yet... :(

Argo
05-25-2004, 05:27 PM
I had similar problems and Honda replaced my master clutch cylinder. I suggest you have it looked at since it isn't always obvious that it is leaking. This causes the clicking and most likely the gear grind.

972BlackSi
05-25-2004, 07:39 PM
Does anyone that is having problems with their tranny have aluminum shifter bushings or a short shifter? I have sticky/poppy gears too, but have shifter bushings. Wonder if that could somehow cause the problem.

siver-SI
05-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Argo
I had similar problems and Honda replaced my master clutch cylinder. I suggest you have it looked at since it isn't always obvious that it is leaking. This causes the clicking and most likely the gear grind.

My first dealership said there was no problems with my car so after a battle with them and Honda, Honda told to take it to anouther dealership. I did and they found the same problem you had.

SubliminalSi
05-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 972BlackSi
Does anyone that is having problems with their tranny have aluminum shifter bushings or a short shifter? I have sticky/poppy gears too, but have shifter bushings. Wonder if that could somehow cause the problem.
I have the shortshifter, but it doesnt cause any problems, only in reverse. Well honda called back today and they said the ordered the wrong part:rolleyes: So one more night without the ep

SIson21
05-25-2004, 08:07 PM
i had that squeaking problem as well. i brought it to the dealer and re-lubed it and it was gone. but now its back. i notice it comes back when the weather is colder.

SF-SI-02
05-25-2004, 08:53 PM
I wrote a fix on this awhile back... yes, the grease works for about 2 months, then it comes back. Honda eventually replaced the master clutch cylinder, and it never came back

DarkSiRacer
05-25-2004, 09:39 PM
So... I should have them look at the master clutch cylinder?

todaCspec
06-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by SubliminalSi
"new replacement parts" they needed to fix my problem.

Any update on this?

SubliminalSi
06-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Oh yeah, they replaced the master clutch cylinder under warrenty. Feels like a brand new clutch

GCheung55
06-09-2004, 10:45 AM
The clutch pedal squeak is actuallly a Technical Service Bulletin. TSB #02-200 or something like that. Check out Alldata.com You'll find the TSB in there.

They are supposed to replace the clutch master cylinder and apply lithium grease on it.

They supposedly replaced mine and needed a part to fix my tranny, but the squeak is still there and the part didn't come in for the tranny yet so I'm driving around with a squeaky pedal that's supposedly fixed.