PDA

View Full Version : Most concealed location for a boost gauge?

RMC22
05-24-2004, 09:31 PM
What do you think? There's a couple spots that I'm thinking of...

-By the change holder by your left knee.. Angled up.
-To the right of the steering wheel near the empty slot. I can see perfectly through the wheel.

Any other spots come to mind that keep it from view? Not looking to get revved on daily.

amctmg
05-24-2004, 09:42 PM
How about installing it in your dash so it reflects in your windsheild like pontiacs speedometer

LOL j/k How about the unused hole above shifter

RMC22
05-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Nah, don't want to shave it at all.
Plus, I love my garage door opener being there ;)

And no left hand cupholder suggestions! I use that thing every morning. :D

SubliminalSi
05-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Well if i ever decided to do anything that invovled boost, i would put it in my glove box around my safc. I dont think i will always have to watch it, unless something is feeling weird in the car. And if no one see's it, less likely someone will jack it

kidXStreme
05-25-2004, 01:51 AM
i say by the change holder very concealed area.

k20hatch
05-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Mount it in your cup holder in the center. You can open it when want to be viewed and close it to hide it! And you still have storage space under it. And a cup holder on the left side of the steering wheel!!! :D

andy
05-25-2004, 09:38 AM
If you really want to use it as a gauge, you'll need it in an easy to view spot, so I don't really like the cup holder idea.
I've seen boost gauges stuck in a/c vents, I really like when people put gauges in a DIN slot (above/below the radio).

In my WRX, I had a "heads up display" boost gauge - it reflected the digital readout on the windshield, just to the right of the A-pillar. It was pretty slick, you couldn't see it from outside of the car except maybe at night, but even then you wouldn't know what it was unless you had one. I got more comments on that than anything I did to that car. I think Defi made it.

Ep3 No.2
05-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by andy
If you really want to use it as a gauge, you'll need it in an easy to view spot, so I don't really like the cup holder idea.
I've seen boost gauges stuck in a/c vents, I really like when people put gauges in a DIN slot (above/below the radio).

i agree. just buy the mono guage pod build for the rsx that goes right in front of your oem guages. it ataches to your sterring wheels coloumn i believe.

oogy-boogy
05-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Check out fsugator's pod. Looks great in person: http://www.k-series.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1209&highlight=pod

Ep3 No.2
05-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Check out fsugator's pod. Looks great in person: http://www.k-series.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1209&highlight=pod

thats the one i was talkign about =O)

K20NutBucket
05-25-2004, 07:42 PM
here what i think he has from optauto.com
they sell it for 29.99, i thought of the same thing but didnt know if was going to fit.....guess it does
http://www.optauto.com/store/images/gw-scp.gif

oogy-boogy
05-26-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by K20NutBucket
here what i think he has from optauto.com
they sell it for 29.99, i thought of the same thing but didnt know if was going to fit.....guess it does
http://www.optauto.com/store/images/gw-scp.gif

Actually, I believe the one he has is the one made for the RSX. It's also just the top half of the ignition console plastic. It looks different than what you posted - but, yes it's the same idea. :)

Mr_Safeway
08-21-2008, 07:27 PM
bringin back an old thread...didn't want to post my own and have someone get angry at me for not searching. I am in the same boat with gauges. I want to s/c the ep. what gauges would be good to have? what do i not really need? And where is the best place to hide these? I don't want even the passengers to be able to see them unless they are looking for them. however, i do want to be able to look at them to see what info is coming up. any suggestions? and pics would be really great! and it seems like all the info is old...links/pic don't work:(

lleron
08-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I remember seeing boost gauges mounted in the vents in audis before. What if you somehow made it sit in the center of the driver's side vent?

Mr_Safeway
08-21-2008, 07:55 PM
maybe i should've mentioned...I don't really want to mess around with takin too much stuff apart. but...explain a little more...mounting it behind the airvent. and if i don't want it seen shut the vent?