PDA

View Full Version : Who has rear swaybars in stock 25mm 22mm??

agrabau
05-25-2004, 06:10 AM
And how much? The RSX is 19mm and the CTR is 22 right? I checked the archives and on honda-tech but ajr online quotes 22mm on the "jdm" rear bar and I thought that someone posted that it was 25mm. Is that (22) the largest available?

Alex

Si3
05-25-2004, 06:25 AM
15mm 02-03 EP3
17mm 04 Ep3
19mm is RSX-s
22mm is the CTR rear sway.

I have never heard of 25mm, but that doesnt mean someone somewhere is using one.

Hope this helps.

-Aj-

Btrthnezr3
05-25-2004, 06:31 AM
I have a CTR Rear Sway (22mm) that I purchased from IPSRacing.com.
I am using Energy Suspension Graphite Bushings from SummitRacing.com
I also know that ICBMotorsport.com has the CTR Rear Sway in stock with bushings for cheap...great company with great prices and ultra-fast shipping! The only reason I didn't order from them is because I didn't know they carried them. Email or call them to get the sway.

agrabau
05-25-2004, 06:35 AM
Thanks a lot guys. You like this suspension setup? I've found the car to be very neutral already with the stock rear. (2004 model- does that mean I have a 19?) I guess the CTR was never a 25. that did seem big.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out now.

AL

Btrthnezr3
05-25-2004, 06:38 AM
I absolutely love my rear sway...
I did a review...I'll edit this and get the link
I'd definitely give ICBMotorsport.com a call...great guys...I've bought alot of JDM stuff from them.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Edit: Here's the link...
Linky Linky (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=37921&highlight=sway)

agrabau
05-25-2004, 07:29 AM
Thanks Btr' I read your review yesterday when I was studying on it. I'm wondering if anyone can equate this to an MK1GTI rear bar? Does anyone have experience with that old schooler? I remember how much oversteer that bar caused at the limit. I don't want to ruin the neutrality of the car so I'm being extra cautious with mods.

At the limit will the car oversteer now? What if you toss in some judicious left foot braking under throttle mid corner? I'm wondering how this will do at the track that's all.

Thanks again,

Alex

Btrthnezr3
05-25-2004, 07:34 AM
To me, the car feels very neutral when driving normally...but as soon as I take the apex of a curve and accelerate you can feel the car grip and swing right where it needs to be. I haven't had any problems with my ass sliding out so far...I've had the bar on for 2 weeks now and drive about 30 miles a day in and out of traffic on city and highway roads. Hope this helps.
And don't forget to grease those damn bushings!!

agrabau
05-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Only the poly bushings should be greased. I'm going to go with the factory EPDM bushings. Thanks again.

AL

Civicvtec1ps
05-25-2004, 08:08 AM
02-03 15mm
04 17mm
CTR/ITR 22mm
Mugen 24mm
Cusco, Mugen 25mm

Si3
05-25-2004, 09:37 AM
So they do make a 25mm rear sway...

Anyone here have one [25mmm] and also have had the 22...?

I was thinking about this mod next, wanted to know if it was worth the extra $$$ that its cost for anything with the word "Mugen" on it!

-Aj-

SiGuy
06-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Be sure not to put it on backwards.;)

BlasTech
06-14-2004, 03:59 PM
A 27mm rear bar from Hotchkis should arrice in the mail any day now, along with beefier end-links. I believe this is the biggest bar available for the EP3 (its actually made for the RSX-S, but will work on the EP3)

As for the character, a bar alone wont induce oversteer, but will reduce understeer...meaning it makes the EP3 more neutral through turns...taking more "pressure" before it finally starts to understeer.

With suspension and alignment, you can get the EP3 to oversteer, but I dont recommend that for road-racing, its good for auto-x (with practice) and just plain unsafe for anything else.