PDA

View Full Version : Question about Brembos

sonic imperial
05-26-2004, 04:55 AM
If I buy the OEM size Brembo solid-face front rotors for my EP, do you think they would hold up a little longer than the stock rotors? I'm at 33k miles and my stockies have warped 3 times already and been replaced once. I'm really sick of it and I don't drive like an idiot either. Would you replace pads too or would the stock pads be sufficient? Thanks.

sonic imperial
05-26-2004, 05:43 AM
I'm also interested in knowing if these work well: http://www.frozenrotors.com/frozenrotors.shtml

The website makes them sound pretty awesome, but you write anything you want online. Let me know who's got these and what their experience has been.

ViViDPeArL
05-26-2004, 07:52 AM
the thing about cryo treating the rotors is susposedly it will last longer because what happens is, they bascially freeze the rotors to get the molecules in the metal to rearrage themselves... when the molecules rearrange, the bonds are closer together, therefore creating a stronger, longer lasting rotor... i believe that's how it works....i know it has something to do with rearranging molecules...been over a year since i took chem...

sonic imperial
05-26-2004, 08:08 AM
do you know anyone using these rotors on a civic si?

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
05-26-2004, 08:27 AM
if you're plannig on changing the rotors, change brake pads too!!!

glw
05-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by sonic imperial
do you know anyone using these rotors on a civic si? i have the cryo treated brembos on the front...

mine are also slotted and cad plated.... got them from brakezone along with the other brake goodies.