PDA

View Full Version : Okay I'm getting PISSED with my MBRP exhaust

SmoothOperator
10-23-2002, 02:37 PM
I've tried moving the mid-pipe this way and that. Last week JSIR moved my sway bar over a little, and STILL, I'm getting a friggin rattling noise! It's starting to really piss me off. Usually happens at idle when I'm stopped at lights or something.
IS there anything else I can try? If I can't fix it I'm gonna get rid of it...as much as I love the sound/feel of it.
GRRRRRRRRR! Sorry I need to rant about this, it's driving me up the wall!

JSIR
10-23-2002, 03:35 PM
damn I thought we had it licked , sorry to hear that.

myeverlovinsir
10-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey guys where are you at?? Saw the Dyno results JSIR, good
numbers, have some pics from last sunday...
(Have had a real hard time getting into this site since the weekend, hope this holds up now.)
JSIR I went to Forest & Forest last Friday, the best he could do
was to arrange something for this weekend, no dyno results yet.
Contacted my Hondata dealer and would get a better deal with
him, as he will be testing the post heatshield install on his
water break dyno and making future mods to the chip.
He will be at SEMA and has some sweet plans for making mods.
Will keep you posted.

Import Society (http://ephatchcom.siteprotect.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3865)

Smooth, Wish I could help with the catback but MBRP is foreign to me, sorry. You have to give me a head on look! Looks very clean on the MBRP site. post some pics of it pls.:p

SmoothOperator
10-23-2002, 05:46 PM
myeverlovin...we're in London.

Why is it that everyone else with this exhaust, hasn't had the same problem? Or at least, easily corrected it? Could it be that they made my exhaust a little bit differently? I've been driving around with the music off, for a week now, just listening. And it doesn't make a peep till I'm stopped...then I'll be sitting there, and sure enough the rattle begins. I need to find a better way of getting my piping off, or away from the sway bar.

hmmmm..perhaps I should ask this too. How far away from the car does your midpipe sit? I believe I've got about 3/4's" gap along the mid section of the car. Is that too much?

myeverlovinsir
10-23-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
myeverlovin...we're in London.

Why is it that everyone else with this exhaust, hasn't had the same problem? Or at least, easily corrected it? Could it be that they made my exhaust a little bit differently? I've been driving around with the music off, for a week now, just listening. And it doesn't make a peep till I'm stopped...then I'll be sitting there, and sure enough the rattle begins. I need to find a better way of getting my piping off, or away from the sway bar.

hmmmm..perhaps I should ask this too. How far away from the car does your midpipe sit? I believe I've got about 3/4's" gap along the mid section of the car. Is that too much?

I should really get to know you guys, you are my closest peps!

anyways here is a pic of my midpipe, it hangs about 1/2 inch lower
than stock...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/pca92c72df8a68d8a37851058b0b7bed1/fd261ab8.jpg

mine...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p7c9e2971283077c5d25c2bfe0e4cb52d/fd261ac5.jpg

but I wonder if that is your problem, give me a PM and will give
you the heads up. cheers

JSIR
10-23-2002, 06:04 PM
myeverlovinsir, both smooth operator and I were to go to Forest and Forest last Saturday but they were closed for the weekend for a special event (rarely happens). We are both going back this Saturday, I am going to have to speak with them tomorrow and get a definite time. Hopefully we can sneak in and do a few more runs, I am hoping to pull a bit better. Forest and Forest gives me a pretty hot deal on dyno time, but Ive got over 130 runs with them now, almost their best customer ;).

Keep us posted on the Hondata setup, and the dealer you are talking about. thanks.

myeverlovinsir
10-23-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
myeverlovinsir, both smooth operator and I were to go to Forest and Forest last Saturday but they were closed for the weekend for a special event (rarely happens). We are both going back this Saturday, I am going to have to speak with them tomorrow and get a definite time. Hopefully we can sneak in and do a few more runs, I am hoping to pull a bit better. Forest and Forest gives me a pretty hot deal on dyno time, but Ive got over 130 runs with them now, almost their best customer ;).

Keep us posted on the Hondata setup, and the dealer you are talking about. thanks.

Was there on Friday, and same, Ok here is the deal guys, I will
be in it this weekend with you,
see what deals we can get JSIR, I was already told that I would
have friday this week to do it @ forest&forest, let me know when you want to meet, and lets get it on! Its all good!

My Ever Lovin SIR...:p PM JSIR, will respond, am looking foward to
pushing the envelope!

2k2civicSi
10-23-2002, 07:05 PM
ok man i can help you i had to do a bunch of shit to make mine not make any noise do you have a aim name or yahoo messanger its alot to explain on a post so that you will understand

SmoothOperator
10-23-2002, 07:12 PM
Tell you what, can you e-mail me the info? That way I'll just print it up. Here's my addy robbieg_2000@yahoo.com

Don't forget to use punctuation so I can understand what you're writing! lol just playin! I appreciate the help!

DrPimpSiR
10-24-2002, 07:22 PM
Boys!
What's going on with your systems? I haven't heard anything from mine. Could it be that the exhaust hanger on your pipe got bent in transit somewhat, so now it sits looser while hanging from the rubbers?
You could try loosening the 3 bolts at the cat outlet, then turn the midpipe counter-clockwise so it comes away from the sway bar. Also check your hanger positions.

2k2- Send me the info as well so I can check it out.
docterpimp@sympatico.ca

SmoothOperator
10-24-2002, 07:44 PM
I e-mailed MBRP last night. They replied asking if I would ever want to go to huntsville (where they're located). They said they'll have a technician look at it. But I'm not about to drive 4 hours until I've tried a few more things. I just desperately need to raise it, so I can take my time and adjust it myself. Hopefully myeverlovinsir will be able to help me out there. :)