PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

mickey.si.cakes
05-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Aight, today coming home from work....almost home...look to the left and then back in front....notice the red light that im about to run....i slam on my brakes without pushing in the clutch......when i get close to a complete stop i hear a slight bang.....everything seemed cool...until i got home and started driving a little slower in the neighborhood....when i push the clutch in i get a cranking sound.......what could have happened? i was going to take it to the dealership this weekend hopefully so i was also wondering if anyone goes to a dealership here in charlotte NC or close by that is cool with mods....all i have is an intake so i dont think i should run in to any problems but i would make me feel a little better if i knew of a place that was already cool with mods....thanks in advance....

jake

htech
05-26-2004, 06:36 PM
dont worry about the intake , it has nothing to do with your clutch im sure they wont trip over that;)

Peking
05-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by htech
dont worry about the intake , it has nothing to do with your clutch im sure they wont trip over that;)

Clutch, shoot he might have a tranny issue :confused:

k20hatch
05-26-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Clutch, shoot he might have a tranny issue :confused:

Could be! what kinda sound...not sure exactly where its comming from?

Peking
05-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Could be! what kinda sound...not sure exactly where its comming from?

Yeah, considering the speed at which he was going and the hard stop. That is one hard ass stall, maybe some engine damage too. Remember when you stall, everything locks up. Something has to give, at low rpm it really doesn't hurt to much (within moderation). But at a much higer speed (rpm). That sudden stop really could have done some damage. Honda might not cover that, but we will see. What are you going to tell them?

mickey.si.cakes
05-27-2004, 04:12 AM
well it didnt stall....because before i came to a complete stop i pushed the clutch in...when i went outside to the garage this morning i pushed the clutch in and the sound is still slightly there but not really....car is running fine...i just drove it about 35 miles.....not running in different....i was thinking this morning....that the loud boom could have been my tool box sliding in the trunk space into the back seat.....sorry i didnt clarify that i didnt stall out.....im sure that would have done some damage....but i pushed the clutch in before it could have stalled....thanks for the input....

jake

BlairSpeed
05-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by mickey.si.cakes
....i was thinking this morning....that the loud boom could have been my tool box sliding in the trunk space into the back seat.....jake
LOL, so I guess the sound was coming from the trunk area? And that doesnt explain your "cranking sound" from the clutch, weird.

mickey.si.cakes
05-27-2004, 09:34 AM
i guess we will have to play it by ear....if things start to act crazy then the dealership will be visited by me.....thanks for the input people....

jake

dofu
05-27-2004, 07:37 PM
try flushing out your tranny fluid and see if that helps any...

SF-SI-02
05-27-2004, 08:46 PM
You may want to take the toolbox out when you go to the dealer

Ok not funny, but if it is a poping sound from the clutch, it happends to about a quarter of us, and its just a master cylinder whicn needs to be lubed or replace, other than that I don't remember any other clutch sounds. I kicked my clutch hard before my master cylinder gave out, (I am more gentle with it now), maybe you popped someting in there?