PDA

View Full Version : Which is lower? Mugen or Tein S-Tech Springs?

raiyo
05-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Will be getting some Mugen suspension soon, maybe in the summer or so. Just wanna know ahead of time which setup will be lower or higher. I'm on Tein S-tech springs right now, it's sitting pretty low. I don't like it that much. Get a few meaty guys in the back and the tires scrape when I turn.

I was thinking of getting Tein Basic, but heard many bad reviews about them. There are a few good reviews to even things up, but I rather not have to go through the trouble.

SoCaLep3
05-27-2004, 01:53 AM
the mugen suspesnsion definitly sits higher its like a 1 inch drop or somthing.

raiyo
05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SoCaLep3
the mugen suspesnsion definitly sits higher its like a 1 inch drop or somthing.

thx for the info. exactly what i wanted to hear. ;)

Tenacious G
05-27-2004, 07:01 PM
yeah, from the photos i've seen, the mugen drop is a lot less than tein's.

trabadoo22
05-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Tein S. Tech is 1.5" and Mugen is 1.4".

On another note, you shouldn't be running into any problems with a 1.5" drop. I'm guessing the reason you are is that the S. Tech springs are not made for the ep and are a lot less stiff than even the stock springs. So when under heavy load they probably compress a lot.

raiyo
05-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
yeah, from the photos i've seen, the mugen drop is a lot less than tein's.

really? the ones I've seen isn't much different from what I have down.

Tenacious G
05-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by trabadoo22
On another note, you shouldn't be running into any problems with a 1.5" drop. I'm guessing the reason you are is that the S. Tech springs are not made for the ep and are a lot less stiff than even the stock springs. So when under heavy load they probably compress a lot.

exactly. the softer spring rates allow the teins to sag. i've seen Toe Knee's car in person and his drop is a LOT more than just 1.5" ... it's probably closer to 2"

estebones
05-27-2004, 08:29 PM
yep, mines pretty low with the Tein springs.
a bit more than 1 inch thats fo sho'