PDA

View Full Version : d3Design Double X-Brace : Just ordered

raiyo
05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Well, just placed my order on it not long ago. They are out of silver and only have the gold/yellow finish in stock. It doesn't matter, no one would see it anywayz. I'm into what the bar can do for me, not the color. :D All those good reviews really sold me on the Double x-brace over the Neuspeed X-brace. I heard the bad ones also, but I guess I'll have to hear some ting-ding from the cat heat shield and scraping here and there for better suspension handling.

Another review on the bar will soon to come. Why did they wipe out the review section for? :'( Thx god for my friend's body shop I won't be installing this myself. :cool:

K20A3Si
05-28-2004, 07:35 AM
you will deff enjoy it....your car will drive very different now...your steering will be somewhat improved also...nice purchase.

raiyo
06-12-2004, 09:49 PM
All I can is WOW. VERY NOTICEABLE I TELL YOU! Just got it installed today at my friend's shop. Took about 30 minutes with air tools, lift, and professional skills. Didn't really push the car yet, but once I started moving, the steering wheel felt more stiff. When I did a slow 90 degree turn, it felt GOOD. Jumped on the freeway and the steering didn't shake like it did before, much tighter. At the corner of my house, I did a quick 90 degree turn and geez. Usually I have to take a bigger turn, but this time, I was able to do it with less.

oogy-boogy
06-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
All I can is WOW. VERY NOTICEABLE I TELL YOU! Just got it installed today at my friend's shop. Took about 30 minutes with air tools, lift, and professional skills. Didn't really push the car yet, but once I started moving, the steering wheel felt more stiff. When I did a slow 90 degree turn, it felt GOOD. Jumped on the freeway and the steering didn't shake like it did before, much tighter. At the corner of my house, I did a quick 90 degree turn and geez. Usually I have to take a bigger turn, but this time, I was able to do it with less.

Glad to hear all went well for you.... :)

Like he said - It's an excellent mod! I love mine 2....:cool:

fASTBACK
06-13-2004, 10:17 AM
I believe everyone who has one love their's. It is an excellant mod. I'm still waiting for other stuff from D3. Anyone knows what other stuff they have for the Ep?

BSEVEER
06-13-2004, 11:31 AM
They should be comming out with an interior chassis brace. It mounts to the rear inner seat mounts of the front seats and to the brace just under the rear seat. If you were sitting in the rear on the drivers side, it would go from just under your right leg down to the seat mount by the center console and the same thing on the other side.

andy
06-13-2004, 01:24 PM
raiyo, I'm happy for you and all, but you should be drawn and quatered for getting that brace on in 30 mins. No, seriously. :) hahaha

I spent 4 (!!!) hours working on that Friday night and finally got it on - I even had a buddy help me the whole time. That's not counting the two other times I tried to install it with no luck. :mad: :yellm:

It does make a *huge* difference - I barely get any hint of understeer now and I honestly feel like the rear tires want to break loose on sharp turns. I think if I bumped up the PSI in the rear tires I could get a tad bit of oversteer even.
It really is a great mod, I just wish it was easier to install. I'm also going to probably raise my coilovers and inch or so for more clearance.

siver-SI
06-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Just wondering how bad do you guys scrap with it? If you do what kind of drop do you have?

andy
06-13-2004, 01:54 PM
I've only had it on for a day and I've had one scrape (speed bump).
I tried to take some pics of how low it sits, but it's sort of hard to do. Here are the pics (keep in mind this is on a driveway with a slight incline):

http://www.virtualandy.com/images/ep3/xBraceMidpipe.jpg
Midpipe vs. X-brace. It's hard to tell, but the x brace sits lower than the midpipe. I'm going to raise my Teins up about an inch, I think.

http://www.virtualandy.com/images/ep3/xBrace.jpg

http://www.virtualandy.com/images/ep3/xBrace2.jpg

http://www.virtualandy.com/images/ep3/xBrace3.jpg

http://www.virtualandy.com/images/ep3/xBrace4.jpg

raiyo
06-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by andy
raiyo, I'm happy for you and all, but you should be drawn and quatered for getting that brace on in 30 mins. No, seriously. :) hahaha

I spent 4 (!!!) hours working on that Friday night and finally got it on - I even had a buddy help me the whole time. That's not counting the two other times I tried to install it with no luck. :mad: :yellm:

heheh, well... have a lift and air tools help alot. Some people said to use a rubber mallet, I say screw that. Use a normal hammer instead. Used the hammer to jam the screw into the thread, which a hammer will allow me to fit. Versus a mallet cant.

For those thinking of getting one, just be careful how you drive with it. I was driving my normal path to pick up my girl friend from work today and BAM, hit the x-brace. I was like.... fudge....didn't think it would hit, but it did. :'( I was driving so careful too. :'( That means I need to drive even slower on uneven roads, which is a good thing.