PDA

View Full Version : Beware of certified Honda mechanics...

Raresight2Bseen
05-27-2004, 11:56 AM
I just wanted to warn everyone about the recklessness of my certified Honda mechanics at a local dealer, which I will not make mention due to legal stipulations. Ok so here's my story, about a year ago I had a local aftermarket shop install some kick-a$$ looking streetglow lights under my car which costs me a grand total of $350.00. Two days ago I took my 02 Si in to a local Honda dealership to get a safety inspection and a rutine oil change. Now I made sure to mention about my lights under my car to the service guy, and this guy even wrote down on the bill for the mechanic to be careful. And dispite this, the mechanic crushed my driver's side light when he put the car on the lift. His excuse was that the car "slipped." I don't know what you guys think, but being told that your car "slipped" while on the seven foot high lift is not something I want to be told about. Now my whole kit won't work. To top that, the mechanic had the nerve to tell me to take the kit off or move the lights inward. Now, I've never had a problem with my lights being in the way of the lift before. So, the good news is that this dealer is going to pay 100% of the bill to get them fixed. Unfortunately, this is very inconvienent for me, and I believe they owe me some compensation for this. All well, I thought I'd just warn you about the lights. Later!

04SI27893
05-27-2004, 12:04 PM
me=dealer...i am very sorry to hear about the breakage of your lights, but you have to understand that we are all human and we DO make mistakes. be very glad the dealer is going to pay for there mishapp, i know that it might be a great inconvienence, i have seen a lot more crazy stuff happen than that, but if they are going to replace or repair @ no cost to you then be very glad.... im sure they are repairing to keep cust service index high... thanks 04si27893.....and they dont have to replace at all....

frentzenej11
05-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 04SI27893
me=dealer...i am very sorry to hear about the breakage of your lights, but you have to understand that we are all human and we DO make mistakes. be very glad the dealer is going to pay for there mishapp, i know that it might be a great inconvienence, i have seen a lot more crazy stuff happen than that, but if they are going to replace or repair @ no cost to you then be very glad.... im sure they are repairing to keep cust service index high... thanks 04si27893.....and they dont have to replace at all....

Man, I have to totally agree with you. They screwed up, they're paying for it. End of story. Inconvenience is part of life.

andy
05-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Personally, I'd pay for the dealer to crush the lights, remove the kit and then take your pics down from ricecop.com.

But either way, dealers shouldn't break stuff on your car.

Finger
05-27-2004, 12:16 PM
I don't see why you want compensation... I meen they broke it and will pay for it. I call it fair enough.
Maybe you went through a lot of trouble to get them to pay but it didn't seem like that??

...neons.... why????? :p

mrfixit687
05-27-2004, 12:43 PM
that was an act of god, god hates ricers

RMC22
05-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
that was an act of god, god hates ricers

I, too, think it is a sign.
haha I would've crushed the lights if I were the mechanic ;)

03silverEP
05-27-2004, 12:51 PM
hey Rare i'm in STL also, check out the midwest board for MO stuff, we're trying to get a summer EP meet going, BTW what dealer do you deal w/ i'm looking for a new one cuz Napleton is crap.

teejoh
05-27-2004, 01:07 PM
... I stopped reading at kick-a$$ looking streetglow lights, but if the dealer took them off he did you a favor:D

fishboy
05-27-2004, 01:26 PM
i agree with these guys that it was an accident and since they fessed up and are paying for it you should be happy there. other places would jerk you around like crazy. if anything this thread should be named "honda certified mechanic accidentally crushed my tubes and are paying for it to be replaced, how nice of them." quit your whining. what do you want? an extra 100 bucks for being a poo poo face?

krazichinaman
05-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I've had problems with the certified people as well, but if you talk to the manager everything will get sorted out. A few months ago I purchased a 99 Ex coupe from a certified dealer. Little did I know that when they certified it, they missed some things. I brought it to them a few months later and they were going to make me pay for it. (Rusted A pipe($500) and made me pay for the check up ($105). They said that it wasnt covered under warrenty or what not. So I endedup talking to the manager and he gave me 2 options. A) They would replace EVERYTHING free of charge and pay me back for the check up B) GIve me back full value i piad for towards another car....This was monday and now im driving a 04 Si ^_^. But yeah just be glad that they are going to pay for it...

fishboy
05-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
an extra 100 bucks for being a poo poo face?

Last edited by k20hatch on 05-27-2004 at 02:58 PM

are you fucking kidding me??? this isn't daycare or a starwars forum. i think that was kinda fucked man. don't alter what i write. :mad:

the JigGa mAn
05-27-2004, 04:14 PM
are you fucking kidding me??? this isn't daycare or a starwars forum. i think that was kinda fucked man. don't alter what i write. :mad:

i agree...

dj addicted
05-27-2004, 04:37 PM
as long as they are replacing the kit and installing it at their cost.. nuff said. First off.. I personally have a neon kit strictly for shows.. and if the lift cracked on of the tubes... your neon kit wasnt "professionally" installed. The neons should be tucked to where you cannot see them. Maybe the dealership will do you a favor and install them right... also.. not to continue the bashing.. butyou got ripped if you paid 350 installed..

Also, I think everybody is flaming on you because half the people in here have had numerous problems with "important" stuff like trannys and such and they cant get the honda dealership to even acknowledge the fact that there IS a problem.... and you want your dealer to give you something extra!! Legally.. they could just have refused you service... quit your 4th grade bitching and move on

k20hatch
05-27-2004, 06:09 PM

Pm sent!

seattlecivic
05-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Write to the honda tech and give him a thank you and apology card. You probably hurt his feelings :-( He feels so bad for breaking your lights and probably heard from his boss after it happened.:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

teejoh
05-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Pm sent!

...power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutlely:D ;)

audomatik
05-27-2004, 06:53 PM
please take this as a sign... take the money from the kick ass streetglows and go buy an intake or some wheels or an exhaust or something... please.

skooba
05-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
please take this as a sign... take the money from the kick ass streetglows and go buy an intake or some wheels or an exhaust or something... please.

and please, while you're at it, just donate your car to ephatch.com and let us customize it however we see fit, because it's not your car :rolleyes: .....

do whatever makes you happy, don't listen to anyone else.

slc71
05-27-2004, 07:28 PM
1. No matter what it is if they broke it they should fix it, so good for that.
2. What where you thinking when you posted something about street glow neon's, so don't be upset about the flaming.
3. It was an act of God :D

k20hatch
05-27-2004, 07:34 PM
The way my honda dealer does things is if you notice something that is wrong with your car and you "have not" left the lot. They will either replace it or pay for it. It will have to go through talk through honda b4 that happens. I had my car in service about a week after having my rims. When i left i drove down the street about 2 blocks over to a store. And when i got out i noticed a nice size chip on the side of my rim where it look liked it had been dropped. Went back to honda and they said since i drove the car off the lot theres nothing they could do about it!

iVtec si
05-28-2004, 06:50 AM
post about neons = waste of valuble bandwith?

R1/SiR
05-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Dude,

You are doing ok if they agree to replace them..
Take it and run.

agrabau
05-28-2004, 09:27 AM
What were your damages that justify further compensation? Your litigious mindset is the problem with America today and will probably be reason for the demise of the aftermarket industry.

DnBCivicSI
05-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Kinda off topic.

Shit def. happenes in autoshops. I used to work in a few. One honda incident....I pulled a ladies car out of the bay, didnt notice the air hose was somehow looped around the front of the bumper. The hose one, bumper came right off. When she picked up the car ,I appologiezed for the damage and offere to pay for it to be fixed by my friends body shop. She didnt notice anything wrong with the car, lol. I fixed it anyway, but it was out of my pocket, not the shop I worked for.

little more on topic:
As far as a car "slipping" on a lift. I have had this happen, the car did not fall but it did a good amount of damage to one fender, this happened becuase I got the old lift that day, the chain in the lift actually stretched and broke. But the lock assured the car didnt fall.

One other time, ya know those spots on our cars for the jacks? One of those was rusty enough for the lift to acutally go through the fender, It looked wierd as I brought the car up, so I stopped about 2 1/2 feet off the ground, the car leaned over till the front tire was on the ground and the back was almost straight up in the air. I didnt say shit to that customer cause she was a cunt.

I'de be glad there fixing shit. That molding piece came off my car(4000 miles, leftover 03) in between the door and the roof on the pass. side. And I gotta wiat for it, and pay for it. My boy just got the exact same car as me, 1000 bucks cheaper, he got the floor mats and keyless entry, i got shit. Dealers suck, you got lucky. I'de be happy if they were paying for my shit.

2pointslowEP3
06-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by andy
Personally, I'd pay for the dealer to crush the lights, remove the kit and then take your pics down from ricecop.com.

agreed..they did you a favor man.