PDA

View Full Version : Hondata question.... sticker and keys?

FurY
05-27-2004, 05:50 PM
I saw you have the option of no sticker or with a stick for when you send your ECU to get reflashed. I was wondering... do they put it on the outside of the ECU, or is it given to you with the backing to put where you want?

My other question is, they say you need to send your key. If I only send one, will I only be able to use that one? Do I need to send both? Sorry if this has been discussed already, I didn't see anything relating specifically to these two questions when I searched.

Thanks.

LHD_EP3
05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by FurY
I saw you have the option of no sticker or with a stick for when you send your ECU to get reflashed. I was wondering... do they put it on the outside of the ECU, or is it given to you with the backing to put where you want?

My other question is, they say you need to send your key. If I only send one, will I only be able to use that one? Do I need to send both? Sorry if this has been discussed already, I didn't see anything relating specifically to these two questions when I searched.

Thanks.

They just give you two stickers, they don't put anything on the ECU itself. I sent both of my keys, it says to send one but since I was wondering the same thing, I just sent both.

FurY
05-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by LHD_EP3
They just give you two stickers, they don't put anything on the ECU itself. I sent both of my keys, it says to send one but since I was wondering the same thing, I just sent both.

Thanks LHD_EP3... I was hoping they didn't stick it right on the ECU.

Can anyone clear up the key question? Should I send two keys? Or is one key ok and will the other one that I didn't send still work? Thanks.

Tnhatch03
05-27-2004, 07:46 PM
maybe jdkindle would know since he is a vendor for hondata. post up the answer if u find out.

BISDAK-R
05-28-2004, 01:04 AM
you only need to send one key, its for the purpose of the imobilizer they need the key because the key has a chip and without it you cannot boot the ecu, its like making a copy at a store of your key, the key wont start the car but it will open the doors, since the copy doesn't have the chip it wont start the car. in other words one key is all they need.

oogy-boogy
05-28-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by BISDAK-R
you only need to send one key, its for the purpose of the imobilizer they need the key because the key has a chip and without it you cannot boot the ecu, its like making a copy at a store of your key, the key wont start the car but it will open the doors, since the copy doesn't have the chip it wont start the car. in other words one key is all they need.

Exactly what he said ^

I only sent out one key as well.