PDA

View Full Version : Bomz CAI q's

Gearhead Geek
05-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Just a few questions for anyone who has bought the Bomz eBay CAI.
1) Does it mimic the AEM or Injen CAI?
2) Was any drilling required for the IAT sensor, and if so, did it at least include the grommet?
3) How was the fitament?
4) Did it come with some decent vacuum hose, or was it the el-cheapo-thinner-than-single-ply-toilet-paper kind?
5) Anybody got dyno charts, perhaps comparing it to the AEM or Injen (whichever it's designed to mimic)

PAPITUYO326
05-27-2004, 10:16 PM
i believe adam did a good write up on this in another section....
might wanna search for it...he did a full description of the modifications neccessary

the JigGa mAn
05-27-2004, 10:22 PM
once upon a time i put up aem and injens dyno charts..search for that...

4g63dsm
05-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
Just a few questions for anyone who has bought the Bomz eBay CAI.
1) Does it mimic the AEM or Injen CAI?
2) Was any drilling required for the IAT sensor, and if so, did it at least include the grommet?
3) How was the fitament?
4) Did it come with some decent vacuum hose, or was it the el-cheapo-thinner-than-single-ply-toilet-paper kind?
5) Anybody got dyno charts, perhaps comparing it to the AEM or Injen (whichever it's designed to mimic) i'm pretty sure it mimics the aem, when i saw this i wish i had have bought it instead of wasting 200 on aem. i'm not very picky about brand names especially if they are good replicas. The only thing you should buy is a good k&n filter becasue i hearthe one included is crap. here is a link to the AEM copy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=2480436210&rd=1