PDA

View Full Version : My heating and cooling system died today!!

Pradamuimui
10-23-2002, 11:43 PM
Ok heres what happend!! I go out to my car this morning and start my car up so it has time to warm up before I go to class. So I reach to turn on the heat and BOOM nothing happens. I mean NOTHING!! I couldnt turn the heat on, the air conditioning on, not even the rear defroster...NOTHING!! So Im hoping that the problem is as simplle as a fuse!! Although Im gonna take i into Honda since its under warranty anyway and they can do it. Either way my car is under warranty...but still I hate the down time!! Anyone else have this problem??

nx2kta
10-24-2002, 12:13 AM
why is thier so many problem with our car?

02SilverSiHB
10-24-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Pradamuimui
Ok heres what happend!! I go out to my car this morning and start my car up so it has time to warm up before I go to class. So I reach to turn on the heat and BOOM nothing happens. I mean NOTHING!! I couldnt turn the heat on, the air conditioning on, not even the rear defroster...NOTHING!! So Im hoping that the problem is as simplle as a fuse!! Although Im gonna take i into Honda since its under warranty anyway and they can do it. Either way my car is under warranty...but still I hate the down time!! Anyone else have this problem??
damn, sounds like a fuse/wiring problem. Should be an easy fix. Shit like this can happen sometimes. These are major problems. It's not like our cars are blowing the engine or anything

ssvr6
10-24-2002, 09:14 AM
Yes, but it's things like this that people rag on VW about.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
10-24-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Yes, but it's things like this that people rag on VW about.

Steve
I guess so. then they say they're unreliable :rolleyes: I'd take a 337 any day :D

sonic imperial
10-24-2002, 09:34 AM
Have you replaced your radio? Could be that maybe one of the connectors didn't get put back tight when plugging everything back in before putting the dash cover back on. Maybe it's come loose.

RacerDre
10-24-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by nx2kta
why is thier so many problem with our car?

its pretty common with first model year cars. all the bugs aren't work out yet.

IceD out N CALI
10-24-2002, 10:39 AM
that sucks. hopefully it is just a fuse:)

jaydub
10-24-2002, 10:41 AM
wow who put the exhaust on?! It sounds like you've had nothing but problems since then.

Pradamuimui
10-24-2002, 12:01 PM
No I havent put any stereo equipment in my car at all, or messed with any of the wiring. So its not mistake on my part. So I will let you know what Honda says!! Unfortunately I dont have and appt. until the 31st of this month....SOOOO...that sucks, but I will let you know!!!

sonic imperial
10-24-2002, 02:04 PM
That's good. At least it will be covered. Better than it happening to you in a car that doesn't have coverage. Let us know so we can be on the lookout for any type of fix or something we need to tell our dealer when we go in for service. Thanks.

JSIR
10-24-2002, 08:25 PM
instead of waiting til then to get some heat, why don't you just check the fuses, page 243 and 244 of you owner's manual list them. Chances are it is a fuse and it beats waiting a week for heat at this time of the year. There is even a fuse puller in the underhood fuse box to make it easier to pull the fuses to check them. Still have the dealer check it out for a problem but I would look at the fuses if possible. good luck.