PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust KW V2 shocks?

Jaminak
05-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I got my EP used and it came with KW V2 shocks. Obviously I can't search on that - and the things I can search on didn't bring up anything.

Does anyone know the specifics for adjusting the shocks? The instructions I got do not cover this, that I can read. I looked at KW's site and it says to what degree they are adjustable, but not how.

So far I have just messed with the front shocks. One shock will turn about 3 turns and the other will go about 5-6 turns. So to start off I turned them fully couter-clockwise to get them the same. They were not the same turns away to begin with. So I turned them a quater turn clockwise. The fron was much looser. So I turned them each 2 1/2 turns clockwise and the front still seems loose.

Does someone have instructions or tuning tips? Any help would be great.

Thanks

fsugatorbait
06-08-2004, 05:28 PM
If your talking about the full coilovers, there suppsed to be 3 1/2 turns from full soft to full hard. Turning to the left if I remember correctly makes them stiffer. For reference, I have the front currently set at one full turn from hard and the rear 1 1/2 turns from soft only becuase my rear is fully braced. Stiffer in the front creates more understeer, stiffer in the back creates more oversteer. If you have anyother questions, just ask.

greenguy
06-09-2004, 06:19 AM
So you bought your car used with KW's? How much extra did you pay? The reason I ask is my car will be going up for sell, and I am weighing the opton of going to stock, or sell the car as is.
BTW: I have KWv2. I love them and what fsugatorbait said is correct.

fsugatorbait
06-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by greenguy
So you bought your car used with KW's? How much extra did you pay? The reason I ask is my car will be going up for sell, and I am weighing the opton of going to stock, or sell the car as is.
BTW: I have KWv2. I love them and what fsugatorbait said is correct.

Greenguy, do you still have the upper mounts still sitting in your garage? ;)

greenguy
06-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Greenguy, do you still have the upper mounts still sitting in your garage? ;)
Yes Sir, I sure do. But If I part out the car they will be sold with the suspension.
Wait about a month and ask me again. Ill let them go CHEAP!

fsugatorbait
06-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by greenguy
Yes Sir, I sure do. But If I part out the car they will be sold with the suspension.
Wait about a month and ask me again. Ill let them go CHEAP!

You got, I call dibs. :cool:

Jaminak
06-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the help. Any idea why one would turn more than the other? That seems weird.

I traded my 96 hatch for this car and paid 11k. It had more than the KW's though. I would say it had about 4k in mods. It had 14k miles at the time.

fsugatorbait
06-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Jaminak
Thanks for the help. Any idea why one would turn more than the other? That seems weird.

I dont know about that one. Id email Glen at media@kwsuspensions.com. He's the guy to talk to, they have excellent cust svc and should be able to help.

03silverEP
06-11-2004, 12:53 PM
bump, for Glen he is a good rep.

hamsup
06-16-2004, 02:41 PM
yes.. i've dealt with Glen before... and i believe that the KW keys... were written wrong... i believe + means soft.. and - means stiffer... haha.. you may be turning the wrong way !!! i don't remember cuz i haven't played with my settings for quite some time now !

good luck !