PDA

View Full Version : Tein's Basic V.S. Mugen

dizkrazieviet
06-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Well i been reading on the forums and i can't really get the info i need...i am looking for a full coil over set up for around 6-800bux...and my questions are...which one is more easy to install?...which is more worth the money?...what are the pro's and con's from both?...and when winter hits...which one would be more dependable?...i dont want to spend no more than a grand...any suggestions on what to get?

Civicvtec1ps
06-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Mugen SS is easier to install , Because everything come assembled and also come with Uppermounts and bearings.

While you have to reuse original stock ones on Tein basic.

Mugen ss
Easier to install.
Non adjustable

Tein basic
Its made for 7thgen coupes.
Height adjustable

dizkrazieviet
06-08-2004, 09:59 PM
so the mugen is not height adjustable then??? do anyone have the B & G set up...i hear it rides like the m3?...plus what is good for winter...cuz when that salt hits...i dont want my stuff to rust...haha...

ALCT
06-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by dizkrazieviet
so the mugen is not height adjustable then??? do anyone have the B & G set up...i hear it rides like the m3?...plus what is good for winter...cuz when that salt hits...i dont want my stuff to rust...haha...

OEM

dchu
06-09-2004, 02:08 AM
Do basics require '01 bearings? I did a search and it seems some people say yes and others don't mention anything about it.

trabadoo22
06-09-2004, 10:44 PM

I have the Mugen kit and no it is not adjustable. If you are worried about the salt the only two suspension kits I would go with is either the KW kit because they are stainless steel or the Mugen kit because they are made basically the same as the OEM set up. The KW kit costs a little over $1000 though, but if you want a height adjustable kit the KW's look like your best bet. Tein claims to have some teflon coating, but I've heard of some people having rust issues with them.

todaCspec
06-10-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by trabadoo22
I have the Mugen kit

Do you have any clunking noises from the muffler piping hitting against the sway bar on hard corning? I have heard some noises but I think that is because they have got aftermarket sway bars.

dizkrazieviet
06-10-2004, 10:48 AM
how does the kw kit ride??? pretti smooth or what?

Tenacious G
06-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Tein basic
Its made for 7thgen coupes.
Height adjustable

the tein basics have an EP3-specific model.

trabadoo22
06-10-2004, 09:16 PM
todaCspec, you have a pm.

how does the kw kit ride??? pretti smooth or what?

Alot of people seem to like them. There should be a good amount of info on them on this site about them if you want to search.

Civicvtec1ps
06-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
the tein basics have an EP3-specific model.

EM2 Tein basic part numbers. DSA22-LUSS2
EP3 DSA22-LUSS2

Same part numbers.
Same spring rates.

http://tein.com/badamp.html

Tenacious G
06-10-2004, 09:40 PM
but notice that if you have the EM2, you have to purchase the upper bearing mount. that's why i thought it was EP3 specific.