PDA

View Full Version : painting body kit

ep3_civic_si
06-09-2004, 12:40 AM
i'm in the process of getting my kit usdm type r lip kit repainted due to reasons i'm keeping to my self:p but the paint shop i went to that i have heard good things about and my friend even got his car painted there that came out looking good...but anywais the shop quoted me 400 to paint mugen lip, and usdm type r sides and rear..do u guys think it's a good price to pay for? thanks! i'm also in the process of getting rid of my usdm type r front lip so look for me in the classified if interested!:D well tell me if 400 is a good price thanks!

toda_power
06-09-2004, 10:53 PM
400 including install?

ep3_civic_si
06-10-2004, 12:24 AM
nah installed already on my car...their gonna paint it with it on my car

ep3_civic_si
06-10-2004, 11:03 AM
bump.... please give me some honest response if u guys can:D i really need some opinions

kpjumper
06-10-2004, 12:35 PM
its alright price.....i got quoted 400 for paing and install......so yeah

ep3_civic_si
06-10-2004, 01:01 PM
i just called the body shop that i'mma take it to go paint and i was talkin with the manager and i was trying to make a cheaper deal and he's' giving me 300 painted since i already installed it and he's gonna go ahead and order the paint from honda too so yeah i think that's a good price what do u guys think?

02situner
06-10-2004, 09:18 PM
hey you got any pics of your usdm type r rear lip. perferable off the car.i have one and just dost look right

raiyo
06-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Not sure if that is a good price or not, but.... my friend owns a body shop and he did my friend's m3 bumper for 2 bills. It required some sand/priming. For 4 bills, I think it's alright. Try to shop around more. At times, cheaper isnt better. At times, quailty of there job is more important.

SiCK EP3
06-20-2004, 05:48 PM
let me tell you, paint is really expensive...depending on color and amount. my friend works at a body shop and has told me all about how it works, red is the most expensive color to buy and when he had the shop paint his kit for his 96 EX in primer, paint , and clear coat the cost was 380, and thats just materials. now i dont know how much you are having painted but that price doesnt seem that bad.

raiyo
06-20-2004, 06:04 PM
let me tell you, paint is really expensive...depending on color and amount. my friend works at a body shop and has told me all about how it works, red is the most expensive color to buy and when he had the shop paint his kit for his 96 EX in primer, paint , and clear coat the cost was 380, and thats just materials. now i dont know how much you are having painted but that price doesnt seem that bad.

WOW, that's pretty expensive paint. Dunno where your friend gets his paint from, but costy.

!@#$%
06-20-2004, 06:44 PM
I paid 300 to paint my lip kit. Came out nice. It was definitely worth 300.

ep3_civic_si
06-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Not sure if that is a good price or not, but.... my friend owns a body shop and he did my friend's m3 bumper for 2 bills. It required some sand/priming. For 4 bills, I think it's alright. Try to shop around more. At times, cheaper isnt better. At times, quailty of there job is more important.

yeah i ono if i made it clear but yeah i'm getting it for 300 after tax and labor it's coming out to 322.93 and yeah. Yeah my price of 300 is going to have primer, sanding, and also fix any scratches i have on the kit. i have been shopping around and that is the best price i can get it for a good job at painting. this shop did my hombois accord and matched his kit perfect and its been about 8 months now and no fading or anything paint job still looks perfect from day one. Also they did my homies EG to a championship white with blue pearl and it's been a year and so far it still looks good and glossy. my paint is going to be ordered from Honda so i know the paint will be good-hopefully :D

p.s. what do u guys think still? i need some more votes to what u guys think to make my choice :) i just picked up my mugen lip yesturday thanks chuck! :D and i'ma be painting it in a couple of weeks so any comments and votes will gladly appreciated :D

Miller Time
06-21-2004, 01:41 PM
i would do it.. that is about average price. :cool:

ep3_civic_si
06-21-2004, 10:09 PM
i would do it.. that is about average price. :cool:

thanks i think i'mma go for it :D i'll post some update when i get it from the shop!