PDA

View Full Version : seeing through from one wheel to the other?

LazyAzzAzian
10-24-2002, 06:28 PM
i doesnt look like we have a complete fender liner, is it supposed to be like that? from the gap between the wheel, i can reach pretty far into the engine bay, and i can see from one spring to the other side, doesnt look like theres much coverage, one good puddle and it looks like everything will be soaked :rolleyes:

AkronSi
10-25-2002, 05:20 AM
The other civics are like this too. So I guess there is some reason for it.

I've noticed that my engine seems dirtier than a car with 8500 miles should be :( I guess that means I'm going to have to start detailing my engine once in awhile.

todaCspec
10-25-2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by LazyAzzAzian
i doesnt look like we have a complete fender liner, is it supposed to be like that? from the gap between the wheel, i can reach pretty far into the engine bay, and i can see from one spring to the other side, doesnt look like theres much coverage, one good puddle and it looks like everything will be soaked :rolleyes:

older Honda's 92-00(civic,integra,delsol) were not like this. at least they were smart enough to route the battery to the front,otherwise people would be able to reach in and disconnect.

i'm not too sure about short ram intakes because of water being able to easily pour into the engine bay. not to mention there is no rubber fender trims or plastic middle/bottom panels. i'm starting to think that the way they're making it, is not for long term use.

Cone Killer
10-25-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by todaCspec

i'm not too sure about short ram intakes because of water being able to easily pour into the engine bay. not to mention there is no rubber fender trims or plastic middle/bottom panels. i'm starting to think that the way they're making it, is not for long term use.

Dude...you understand that this is a mute point because with the stock intake, or short ram for that matter, it would require more than a few feet of standing water to allow water to get in the intake. Water in the engine bay in general is not that big a deal.

ortedd
10-25-2002, 03:39 PM
yeah, i have checked the oil after driving in the rain (had to stop for gas) and the engine was pretty dry, so i wouldn't worry to much about it. One thing that i have noticed about honda's dealing with air, is that the temperature once up to where it is supposed to be it doesn't seem to move at all.