PDA

View Full Version : what struts to go with?

BISDAK-R
06-09-2004, 06:48 AM
thinking of changing my struts, what do you guys think I should go with? something affordable but durable as well, I would go teins but I just dont have the money for that.

Tenacious G
06-09-2004, 07:24 AM
struts or coilovers? because Tein doesn't make just dampers ... it's only lowering springs or coilovers from them.

if you're talking about just dampers, the only option right now is Koni Yellows. KYB supposedly has some product for the EP listed on discount tire's web site, but last i heard they were on back order, so i'm not sure what the story is there.

IIx 03 EP xII
06-09-2004, 08:36 AM
well... the only option is koni yellows. and i have koni yellows right now... and the rear's are awesome and work just fine, but the fronts... i cant keep them tight and they make the worse clunking noise cuz they are shaking around in the strut housings due to the loose-ness. its up to you. if i were you, id save up and go w/ tein basics or mugen setup. if you were to get koni's... then its only a couple hundred away from tein basics.

BlairSpeed
06-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Why do the suspension gods hate us? :(

How much are the Koni's? I just installed some Neuspeed Races and im going to need some struts in a few months...