PDA

View Full Version : Emblems on the butt

sintryx
06-09-2004, 08:31 AM
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one but the Civic emblem and the Si emblem as well as the "H" emblem on the back of the car are getting some bad corrosion, almost looks like rust, but its plastic as far as I know, I've tried a few rust removers, to clean them off, no luck, any ideas on how to take the corrosion off?

skooba
06-09-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by sintryx
any ideas on how to take the corrosion off?

yeah just take them off completely ;)

downhil
06-09-2004, 09:17 AM
plastic doesn't rust.

just clean them.:D

Si3
06-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by downhil
plastic doesn't rust.
just clean them.:D

If that doesnt work, take 'em off, wait till late at night, go to your local honda stealership, and find a replacment!

-Aj-

sintryx
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
So far, I like the replacement idea. You guys are no help ;) hehe thnx.

Brettnyt
06-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I just left my OEM Si emblem on the back... It is showing no corrosion at all... If your Honda emblem is showing it, may I suggest JDM :D

oogy-boogy
06-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Hmmm...well like everyone has stated - they're plastic with a mettalic type spray finish on them. The corrosion you see is probably just the metallic paint lifting off of the plastic. I'd be one hell of a PIA to take them off, sand them and paint them. I like the dealer visitation idea ;)

iVtec si
06-09-2004, 12:33 PM
that's so wrong why ya'll wanna jack shit from a dealer lot. that's bad Karma yo!

peace

cdr127
06-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Si3
If that doesnt work, take 'em off, wait till late at night, go to your local honda stealership, and find a replacment!

-Aj-

LOL:D

ShowstoppersUSA
06-09-2004, 05:40 PM
You live by the beach? Maybe its the cleaner your using....

Just go JDM!

sintryx
06-10-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA

Just go JDM!

could you link me to JDM emblems? i don't wanna stick any weired shit on, all that type-r type-s SiR crap.. i just want whats on there, but not rusted. (stock clean look)

k20hatch
06-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA

Just go JDM!

Or the sand in the air...I kno its bad for the paint? hrmm?

audomatik
06-10-2004, 08:50 AM
my shit looked a little corroded too. but i just took some water and scrubbed it with a rag and it came clean and shiny again. try it, it worked for me.

EnJaNir
06-10-2004, 12:11 PM
If you are under warranty still just go to the dealer tell him and show him. Tell him you want new emblems due to the fact they look like shit and the paint is coming off. Wait a week and boom new emblems for FREE.

civicSIracer
06-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by EnJaNir
If you are under warranty still just go to the dealer tell him and show him. Tell him you want new emblems due to the fact they look like shit and the paint is coming off. Wait a week and boom new emblems for FREE.

thats what i would do..
honda should take care f them 4 you.

civicracer1128
06-10-2004, 09:08 PM
yeah i noticed the same rust when i took mine off. i went the take em all off route and i couldnt be happier. lovin the clean look.

sintryx
06-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Honda told me twice they are plastic it can't be rust, I said ok, so how do I make it look cleaner, their reply was "rust remover", after they told me repeatedly that it wasn't rust. I took the whole "Civic" emblem off, I kinda like it without it, and I replaced the "Si" emblem, and the "H" sign. Looks clean, but I'm willing to bet it'll come back. I was told by some friends, that it might be dust from train tracks, because I pass train tracks every day that dust sits and turns into corrosion that's not easy to remove, but possible.. Thnx for everyone's help though. :)