PDA

View Full Version : Probs w/ VIS CF Mugen Hood on an '04

beechstreet
06-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Just got ahold of a VIS CF Mugen-type hood from a fellow member here and when I installed it yesterday, it wouldn't latch shut correctly. Everything was lined up, but I noticed that the latch wouldnt catch the metal hook on the hood correctly. The hook is like 1/4 inch too far to the right. Are these hoods only made for the 02-03 models? Is the hood latch or hook on the 04 different than the 02-03s? What can I do to get it on there?

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated.

BTW, if this hood wont fit my 04, looks like I'll have to sell it or trade it :(

civicSIracer
06-10-2004, 07:59 AM
they should all be the same.. try adjusting the latch point on the car..

if not i got dibss:)

beechstreet
06-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
they should all be the same.. try adjusting the latch point on the car..

if not i got dibss:)

How do you adjust the latch? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to things like this...

fsugatorbait
06-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by teambeechstreet
How do you adjust the latch? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to things like this...

They're 3 mounting bolts on the latch that you loosen and can than slide up. I had to do the samething when I installed my hood. HTH.

beechstreet
06-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
They're 3 mounting bolts on the latch that you loosen and can than slide up. I had to do the samething when I installed my hood. HTH.
awesome, I just went out and looked and noticed that. Thanks a lot!

reszmeth
06-11-2004, 02:58 AM
ohhhh shoot when did you get your hood?

beechstreet
06-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by xXxAutumnsEnd
ohhhh shoot when did you get your hood?

on wednesday :) had a friend of mine in long beach bring it up from another ephatch member :D